Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
s13 + rep for the correct help! Air conditioning!

Before we get started this is my girlfriends daily driver and I have replaced the unit once already. So whenever I turn on my ac and I put it on level 4 speed setting. The ac starts blowing real cold and hard, and the led light comes on as pictured below.

Attachment 13968

Now after 5-25 seconds of blowing this cold air. The led turns off on the ac button even though its still clicked and then its stops blowing cold air as in the picture below.

Attachment 13969

When I turn it on speed setting 1-3 as pictured below I have no problems. Its just speed 4 that has the on and off. When the cold air stops blowing if I put it back on speed 3 for a litttle then switch it back to 4, itll start blowing cold air again and repeat the same process. I really want to fix this problem so if you guys could please help me it would really be appreciated, and would be rewarded with rep and the first person to help me figure it out and solve it with correct info major rep ;0). Thanks guys.

Attachment 13970

Last edited by Okinawandrifter87; 05-08-2010 at 11:46 PM..
Okinawandrifter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
lol...guess were bribing people for rep..

kinda sounds like the controller unit itself is on the frits.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^basically.

same thing happened to my s14. it was the unit.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #4
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Haha. Well I would just ask but people just skip over these threads unless they see something that catches their eye. Im pretty sure the first thing you read was + rep haha. But yeah ive already replaced the unit once. But I guess I could try and replace it one more time.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
What's AC?

Thats for other cars.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #6
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
What's AC?

Thats for other cars.
Haha true. But this is my girlfriends daily driver. AC is essential in my opinion no matter what car.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
if the 240 has the same kind of controlls like the maxima from what ive ben told its like a relay or sumthin in the unit and numbers 1-3 are on the same one and the 4th switch uses a lil more power and theres a chance that number 4 can stop working and all the rest are fine

my maxima right know blows cold 1-3 and when i get to 4 it pretty much turns off , im not sure if its a relay but its some kind of thing ,

but 1-3 and the 4th switch are on diffrent wires i guess you could say , sorry i cant be more help mine went out like a year ago and i never fixed it but thats what nissan told me

btw its a 89 maxima
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
jdm538
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
jdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
yup unit i have an extra 1 if you need it.
jdm538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #9
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
blower motor resister..
or relay
check out this site it will give u an idea of what it looks like
Standard Engine Management
click cat info
then ap look up

unionautoclub.com
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:24 PM   #10
Forge_55b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Forge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
well considering you already replaced the unit once, I'm assuming cause of the same problem, you might want to look at some other parts of the system, not particularly the AC

theres a troubleshooting guide in the FSM at least for S14 under preliminary checks 2

for a start I would check that out
Forge_55b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #11
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
there we go its a resistor sorry i forgot but yea switch 1-3 have the same one and the 4th is diffrent , if you get a new one it should work
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #12
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
Quote:
Originally Posted by dori_sil8t View Post
blower motor resister..
or relay
check out this site it will give u an idea of what it looks like
Standard Engine Management
click cat info
then ap look up
winnar

and he needs it !