Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #1441
2fast4y0u
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
listen you ass hat. i asked a question in here that made since and didnt use tard language to explain my self. that would be why i keep checking this particular topic.
im in not trying to mindfuck you, the term is skull-fuck . get it straight.

how could i be a lurker with nearly 1000 posts. you have like 10.

stop being a douch
2fast4y0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #1442
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4y0u View Post
i think you meant to say blow job...not lower job, but that doesnt pertain to cars

and people on zilvia arent "dreeftars", im not even sure what that is.
Very uncalled for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS76 View Post
[]http://jovan.ru/pics/retard.gif[/]
Ignore it next time instead of adding fuel to the fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
haha no bro, i think YOU are, we aren't honda ricers that heat our springs and do a "lower" job. drop springs or coilovers are how we do our "lower jobs" and just leave now.
Why are you getting involved?

Let RS76 asking his damn question in whatever wording he decides to ask it. Don't reply to what I posted.

RS76. It's best not to modify springs. You should either purchase springs engineered for the intention of being lowered, or purchase coilovers.

For future consideration, some members don't find it humorous to spell out words in awkward ways. Most will not take you seriously.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #1443
RS76

Trader Rating: (0)
RS76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertsnowcarver View Post

It's best not to modify springs. You should either purchase springs engineered for the intention of being lowered, or purchase coilovers.
What the fuck? I am not a dumbass -.-

I was talking about coilovers since post one, who the fuck would even modify stock springs

Its not really a hard concept. I wanted to know a fair price for an s13 coupe with rims and coils and nobody cant answer a simple question.
RS76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #1444
2fast4y0u
Zilvia FREAK!

2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore
no one answered you because you asked like a dumbass with the ebonics or what ever you want to call it.

anyway, $2000-$2500 would be the high side. $1500 is a decent price for a s13 with little no mods.
put it this way, if you can find a stock s13 with just coilovers $1500 out the door would be a good price. i just picked up a bone stock, i mean BONE stock s13 for $700 after taxes and registration. but its nothing to look at...rusty, but trusty
2fast4y0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #1445
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Quote:

I was talking about coilovers since post one, who the fuck would even modify stock springs

Its not really a hard concept. I wanted to know a fair price for an s13 coupe with rims and coils and nobody cant answer a simple question.
RS76. Relax. I never said or inferred that you are being a 'dumbass'. I merely stated a common agreement among members. I didn't say "You shouldn't modify...", I said "It's best not to modify". Please understand the difference. I am not making an accusation.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

My YouTube Channel
Old 05-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #1446
RS76

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4y0u View Post
no one answered you because you asked like a dumbass with the ebonics or what ever you want to call it.

anyway, $2000-$2500 would be the high side. $1500 is a decent price for a s13 with little no mods.
put it this way, if you can find a stock s13 with just coilovers $1500 out the door would be a good price. i just picked up a bone stock, i mean BONE stock s13 for $700 after taxes and registration. but its nothing to look at...rusty, but trusty
Thanks. Sorry for talking in your so called "ebonics"
Old 05-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #1447
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
both of you shut the fuck up.

or just listen to Xpert
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #1448
sic240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
sic240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ques, i left my radio running with the engine off while i put on some new rims. the car never gave me trouble to start before but tho\is time when i tried to start it, it didn't even turn over. i was on hill so i rolled it and tried to kick start, it didn't, i tried to jump it still nothing, out of ideas can anyone help?
sic240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #1449
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
charge the battery? or get a jump start.
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #1450
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Check your fuses. Try a fresh battery.
Apparently, some batteries can die to the point where it won't let a car stay on.

My YouTube Channel
Old 05-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #1451
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
my battery has died like that before it can happen.

your saying you tried Jumping it with a running car and it didnt do anything?

Get a new battery then check the fuses.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #1452
sic240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
sic240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i dont think its the battery because the head lights and the light in the cabin works...
sic240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #1453
JDM Sil4ty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
JDM Sil4ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
It could mean that the small switch located at the bottom of your handbrake is stuck. This happens often.
looked for the switch, found it, it wasnt stuck, played with it .. and my red brake light is still on .. any other reasons why this brake light remains ON in my cluster?
Old 05-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #1454
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM Sil4ty View Post
looked for the switch, found it, it wasnt stuck, played with it .. and my red brake light is still on .. any other reasons why this brake light remains ON in my cluster?
That light will turn on for two reasons. The handbrake I mentioned earlier, or your brake fluid reservoir is low.

My YouTube Channel
Old 05-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #1455
redline240sx
Zilvia Addict

redline240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Question- Once in a while my bov (hks) would blow off making different sounds. Not all the time, once in a while is this compressor surge? how can i tell if im getting compressor surge? any advice will be appreciated thanks.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #1456
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
or the power thing, it might be because your terminals might be having a well enough contact? thats what happened to my GF's car, her camry had corroded terminals, the car would start then die out of no where, and lights and everything were on but the car couldnt stay on and since i didnt have tools, i had to beat it so some came off, and the car was good again.

hope that helps.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:13 PM   #1457
PNgo12
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
PNgo12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
That light will turn on for two reasons. The handbrake I mentioned earlier, or your brake fluid reservoir is low.
Nice! My light is stuck also so I just ignored it, but now I know NOT to ignore it due to low fluid possibly.
PNgo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #1458
DDB240sx

DDB240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
I apologize if this has been asked before. I've got an s13 with an almost basic sr20 red top set up. Call me wacky, but for some odd reason I'm not wanting to keep my front mount setup. It's nothing overly special or expensive anyways. But is there an upgraded side mount intercooler setup available? I'm not looking for big numbers out of my car and I still want a cleaner set up than the factory piping that came with the oem side mount. I've seen talk of an ARC one, but I'm not familiar with anything of that sort. Thanks in advance.
DDB240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #1459
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:

Its not really a hard concept. I wanted to know a fair price for an s13 coupe.
Long ago, before there was eBay people would often cut and/or heat springs to either change the stiffness and/or lower there cars.

Weird right? Back then though, you also had to make you own exhaust and stuff and body kits involved chopping up stock metal and reforming it. Then again it was the "Before (eBay) Times".

As for price, it's all about what you want. Live in the Midwest? Expect to pay $3,000 for a stock DE without Rust.

Live in Socal? No doubt rust free cars are a end a dozen.

Coils, wheels? Brand, condition? A set of Volks is worth over $2,000, a set of Drags barely $200.

My budy bought a Silver 90 Coupe in January. We drove 3hrs to get it. Blown engine, trashed bumper, hood and driver headlight.

Beyond that, car us mint, rust free and the HUD even works. Blue interior, PW no sunroof. Year old Ksports, Work Knock-offs in 15's with air holder tires.

$1,000 + $300 to pick it up (gas, trailer rental et al).

It was a steal then and looking back, still is. His RB25 came in 2 weeks ago and will go in the cat this summer.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #1460
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDB240sx View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before. I've got an s13 with an almost basic sr20 red top set up. Call me wacky, but for some odd reason I'm not wanting to keep my front mount setup. It's nothing overly special or expensive anyways. But is there an upgraded side mount intercooler setup available? I'm not looking for big numbers out of my car and I still want a cleaner set up than the factory piping that came with the oem side mount. I've seen talk of an ARC one, but I'm not familiar with anything of that sort. Thanks in advance.
PBM has a High Mount IC, clean as hell install. $380, for $20 they willweld on whatever BOV bracket you have. Mine comes in today, check out there sales ad in the Vender Classifieds.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #1461
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
i have an s14 kouki. my climate control only blows on 4. i replaced it with my friends n it still blows on 4. know his worked bkuz i tested it out. also do u guys know y the light went out randomly bkuz it was working before... n how to replace it. thanks!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #1462
Corbic
Post Whore!

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickstatus View Post
i have an s14 kouki. my climate control only blows on 4. i replaced it with my friends n it still blows on 4. know his worked bkuz i tested it out. also do u guys know y the light went out randomly bkuz it was working before... n how to replace it. thanks!
It is spelled "because". You are posting, not texting.
I'm not going to bang someone up for saying "breaks" when the mean "brakes". Makea damn attempt at proper English when asking for help.

Seeing your to busy to type out "you". "because" or "and", I'm to buisy to help beyod "buy a haynes manual".
Old 05-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #1463
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
It is spelled "because". You are posting, not texting.
I'm not going to bang someone up for saying "breaks" when the mean "brakes". Makea damn attempt at proper English when asking for help.

Seeing your to busy to type out "you". "because" or "and", I'm to buisy to help beyod "buy a haynes manual".
Ok I apoligize for my short write, I was asking through my iPhone so techniqually I was still texting =p Now will anyone answer my question please?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #1464
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickstatus View Post
Ok I apoligize for my short write, I was asking through my iPhone so techniqually I was still texting =p Now will anyone answer my question please?
All my posts on here are via iPhone
Old 05-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #1465
UGLYLOWLIFE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
UGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymoreUGLYLOWLIFE is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
i just accidently dropped a windshield wiper cap into my engine bay, and i cant find it. Now when i start my car, it stalls. Where could i have dropped it into?
UGLYLOWLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #1466
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
What is a good way to insulate intake piping? My injen intake piping gets pretty hot after installing a Mishimoto radiator. I thought about using 'header wrap' but i think it will make the front of the engine bay look like shit.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #1467
RS76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Long ago, before there was eBay people would often cut and/or heat springs to either change the stiffness and/or lower there cars.

Weird right? Back then though, you also had to make you own exhaust and stuff and body kits involved chopping up stock metal and reforming it. Then again it was the "Before (eBay) Times".

As for price, it's all about what you want. Live in the Midwest? Expect to pay $3,000 for a stock DE without Rust.

Live in Socal? No doubt rust free cars are a end a dozen.

Coils, wheels? Brand, condition? A set of Volks is worth over $2,000, a set of Drags barely $200.

My budy bought a Silver 90 Coupe in January. We drove 3hrs to get it. Blown engine, trashed bumper, hood and driver headlight.

Beyond that, car us mint, rust free and the HUD even works. Blue interior, PW no sunroof. Year old Ksports, Work Knock-offs in 15's with air holder tires.

$1,000 + $300 to pick it up (gas, trailer rental et al).

It was a steal then and looking back, still is. His RB25 came in 2 weeks ago and will go in the cat this summer.
Thanks

So, how much would it cost (estimate) to ship from a state like California or Nevada to Washington? Ive got about $2500 and im just looking for a car with coils and rims, maybe exhaust.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #1468
.emerson.
Leaky Injector

.emerson. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
Yeah its a stretch.
If you didnt want to stretch you'd run a 255.
You wont rub your fenders if you roll them. 17x9+17 is suken in the front on a s13.
so the 17x9+17 wont rub on the front fenders if i roll them, and thats if im on the 225s? or on 245 or 255? should I go 40 sidewall? I'm just eyeballing the room there, and im kinda doubting it.

btw whats the rim/tire size of a stock S14 SE 5 lug wheel?
and whats the largest size rim/offset and tire size can i go before im touching my stock struts or rubbing fender? I'm just tight on money and I want to see if i can save by not getting coils.
.emerson. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:03 AM   #1469
MikeBeBoostin
Leaky Injector

MikeBeBoostin is an unknown quantity at this point
alright guys im looking to change my exhaust out. i have a 91 240 with a sr20, the exhaust on it right now is the kokimoto exhaust system, i don't like how huge the tip is, so im looking to change.

would a MAGNAFLOW SS MUFFLER WITH TIP 2.25" INLET 14X5X8 work with the car without producing 2 much back pressure?

here a picture of the muffler.
MikeBeBoostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:08 AM   #1470
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
what size is the kakimoto exhaust?
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote