Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:45 AM   #12421
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
ew...

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the...yugCmus-d9ay_A

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2019, 07:52 AM   #12422
ZOLTAN
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ZOLTAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Manual or not I'd take a Q50 400 sport any day.

Speaking of manual q's been following this for a bit
https://conceptzperformance.com/blog...q60-red-sport/
Only thing going through my head while reading this was Fuck you Nissan.......
ZOLTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:13 AM   #12423
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
ew...
So they Caitlyn Jenner'd the Mustang/ Taurus into a Model 3 transauto? Way to cheapen the Pony car.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:17 PM   #12424
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOLTAN View Post
Only thing going through my head while reading this was Fuck you Nissan.......
Especially the part where they find out the car is already setup to be a manual but Nissan exces said no.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:19 PM   #12425
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Especially the part where they find out the car is already setup to be a manual but Nissan exces said no.
and because of this, i will restate what i said previously...

eat a dick Nissan/Infiniti.

Old 11-15-2019, 01:20 PM   #12426
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Yeah this thing is gross. It’ll sell well.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:39 PM   #12427
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
it looks like a penis. no thanks
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:29 PM   #12428
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
it looks like a penis. no thanks
That's more a you problem than anything else.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:44 PM   #12429
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Thats a nice aztek you got there, ford
Old 11-18-2019, 11:28 PM   #12430
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Thats a nice aztek you got there, ford
ooooooooooooooooo sick burn!

Old 11-19-2019, 12:52 AM   #12431
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Not a very comprehensive test drive and seems like reviewer was unimpressed. polarizing styling and regrettable attempt at branding aside, good effort I guess. not good enough to compete with Tesla model y it seems.

https://jalopnik.com/watch-our-first...mac-1839929071

the bmw i4 does look promising and thankful it's not another suv.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:16 PM   #12432
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
At this rate, the next Z probably won't come in a stick either. Fuck you Nissan now and in advance.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:08 AM   #12433
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
https://www.engadget.com/2019/11/21/...uto-show-2019/

So the Rav 4 is now the second fastest vehicle Toyota makes. Meaning it’s slower than the Supra but faster than the 86.

On one hand, it’s not surprising. That’s always been the 86s weakness. On the other hand, this has to mean Toyota will make them next gen much faster. Right??
Old 11-21-2019, 09:56 AM   #12434
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
https://www.engadget.com/2019/11/21/...uto-show-2019/

So the Rav 4 is now the second fastest vehicle Toyota makes. Meaning it’s slower than the Supra but faster than the 86.

On one hand, it’s not surprising. That’s always been the 86s weakness. On the other hand, this has to mean Toyota will make them next gen much faster. Right??
Understandable by now why they'd partner with another automaker for cost-savings, but they HAVE to know that using the turbo-4cyl from the RC200t would be so much better.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:03 AM   #12435
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

yeah good luck with the 86 being meaningfully more powerful if subaru is making them.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:07 PM   #12436
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
yeah good luck with the 86 being meaningfully more powerful if subaru is making them.
Spot on! Suburu is 90% off the problem with the 86. Toyota has no vehicle that the 86 would threaten with more power price bracket wise or at all.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:42 PM   #12437
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Regarding Subaru... It seems like people are paying a pretty big mark up on the USDM S209 (75K-90K+)... At the same time Subaru ditched going with forged pistons at the last second.

As for the 86, even Tsuchiya is asking why Toyota/ Subaru won't put the WRX engine in the 86... The claimed "ruining the balance" thing is such BS.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:50 PM   #12438
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I dont get Subaru. People complain about Nissan being behind the times with the 370z, but things are no better with Subaru. the $50k Sti RA was a letdown too. you have to a big time fan boy in deep denial to be ok with stuff like that.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:31 PM   #12439
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
I dont get Subaru. People complain about Nissan being behind the times with the 370z, but things are no better with Subaru. the $50k Sti RA was a letdown too. you have to a big time fan boy in deep denial to be ok with stuff like that.
I mean at least they still offer a special edition car with a turbo and manual trans (not that I'd buy one over the base)?

In last years Hot Version the Nismo 370z didn't even make it 2-3 laps around Tsukuba, before the car went into safe mode (high oil temp). The SYMS Racing WRX STI was pretty lightly modded and proved to have the edge over the lightly modded FK8 Civic Type R.

Even in the 5-lap Tsukuba battle between the stock STI and FK8 Civic Type R the Civic didn't overtake the STI until the last corner (Civic is lighter and has more power).

Subaru actually just released a limited edition "Series.White" STI that "ironically" might even be faster around the track than the S209, because of the tire choice (priced at $42,695):

Limited production run of 500 WRX and 500 WRX STI
Exclusive Ceramic White exterior paint
Matte bronze wheels: 18-inch (WRX), 19-inch forged BBS® (WRX STI)
Michelin® Pilot® Sport Cup 2 tires (WRX STI)
High-performance Bilstein® sport-tuned suspension
Brembo® brakes with red (WRX) or silver calipers (WRX STI)
Old 11-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #12440
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

The Japanese anymore are strange with their sports cars. Compared to the USDM manufacturers cranking out new cars like every year with larger and larger horsepower outputs just to out do one another (while the consumer wins at each and every step)... the Japanese are being left behind like theyre standing still. And I get it, in Japanland laws and regulations are much different than here... BUT not all of us want a 700hp sports car. Some of us would like a brand new, RWD, 4 cylinder turbo pushing roughly 250-275hp and weighing in around 2800lbs. the GT86 could have been just that EASILY... however, after leaving an FRS like it was standing still during a stop light drag race with nothing more than a few simple bolt ons to my S13 hatch, the FRS completely dropped out of my "maybe want one day" category in my head. Even a bone stock S15 Spec-R would leave an FRS like it was standing still... AND THAT IS ALMOST 25 YEARS OLD! I get that turbo kits are available for the FRS, but due to the 12:5:1 compression ratio of the motor, you can only really push like 4-5psi on a tiny turbo safely. if you want to start getting near SR boost levels, count on rebuilding the entire bottom end and having to completely retune the ECM (and hope you dont start throwing CELs left and right)

Point Im trying to make is... I still like Japanese cars, though most modern ones are "eh". But had the FRS been offered with its standard high compression 200hp motor and then a lower compression turbo option making oh 250-275hp, the Japanese would have shined again in my eyes. But, nope! For some odd reason, it seems theyre stuck in this strange little world of purposely occupied mediocrity! Id take an ecoboost Mustang over ANY modern Japanese RWD 4 cylinder in a heartbeat! Why? Because the US manufacturers are just doing it right (not to mention the Ecoboost Mustang can be made into a 12 second car with just a few grand easily and reliably).

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 11-22-2019 at 05:11 PM..
Old 11-22-2019, 03:17 PM   #12441
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
however, after leaving an FRS like it was standing still during a stop light drag race with nothing more than a few simple bolt ons to my S13 hatch, the FRS completely dropped out of my "maybe want one day" category in my head
I had a similar experience with an FRS vs. my SOHC S13 (intake, headers and exhaust) that ended with the same thought... Only it was just more even between both cars.

I grew up drooling over the thought of FD's, EVO's, STI's, GTR's, Civic/ Integra Type R's and Silvia's going through narrow winding roads, so I'm definitely biased towards those types of vehicles.

With that, I'm completely aware of how nice American cars have become for the price/ performance. Just nothing really speaks out to me.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:08 PM   #12442
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
I had a similar experience with an FRS vs. my SOHC S13 (intake, headers and exhaust) that ended with the same thought... Only it was just more even between both cars.

I grew up drooling over the thought of FD's, EVO's, STI's, GTR's, Civic/ Integra Type R's and Silvia's going through narrow winding roads, so I'm definitely biased towards those types of vehicles.

With that, I'm completely aware of how nice American cars have become for the price/ performance. Just nothing really speaks out to me.
keep in mind i have an S13 SR with an S15 turbo at 12psi (soon to be 16psi and a fully tuned PowerFC DJetro) so that FRS never stood a chance. but even still, i think the 12psi on a stock redtop turbo (as itty bitty as it is) would still eat an FRS without a problem... and thats stock for stock!

Old 11-22-2019, 11:12 PM   #12443
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

That's the thing, those special edition Sti's aren't differentiated all that much from stock Sti's or at least with the S209 and RA's not differentiated enough to justify the hefty premium.

I think some older Japanese cars are fun to drive. Still have my Evo. Would definitely not consider the Sti/WRX a fun car. Had a 06 Sti and traded that car right in after I test drove a 08 Evo. Back in the early-mid 00's it made a lot more sense, as it was competitive back then.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:09 AM   #12444
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Would definitely not consider the Sti/WRX a fun car.
My '15 STI is nothing, but "fun", so I'd have to strongly disagree. Have you had the chance to drive the current VAB STI spiritedly?

Even most EVO guy's seem to like this gen the best...

Also, I'm not the one paying a premium on the special edition STI's, but obviously people are. The features and price of the White.Series seems to be the most worth it vs. the others (imo).

I'm at the point now where I'm just done with the thought of over built cars. My goals for my STI are pretty simple... Suspension (probably Ohlins coilovers and adjustable arms for full alignment), maybe a Varis CF lip kit and some Advan GT Premium wheels in 18x9.5 +45 with 265/35 tires. Stock power is plenty for driving around on the street.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:28 AM   #12445
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Im with you on that. Stock power levels are good enough to have fun without getting you in trouble. Also forgiving for track driving. Ohlins are great. Im also running stock power levels, ohlins, 18x10 wheels and nice offset. Good for both street and track. Just need better cooling but cant ask for more.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:07 PM   #12446
LutherSnyder

LutherSnyder is an unknown quantity at this point
Interesting facts. Didn't think earlier about them.
LutherSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #12447
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...ill-available/

Greenlighting this doesn't make them more in touch with enthusiasts. It makes them more in touch with big pockets.

Fuck you Nissan. Build the IDX.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:21 PM   #12448
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Fuck you Nissan. Build the IDX.
read something about this the other day... supposedly the ONLY reason it didnt get made was because Nissan couldnt figure out WHERE to build it. It was looking like the car wouldve been built at the same plant as the Z and GTR, but according to the guy interviewed, it wouldve been too crowded and cut into the manufacturing of the Z/GTR too much LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Old 12-06-2019, 06:12 AM   #12449
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Hard to believe it’s been almost 7 years.

https://www.motor1.com/news/384998/n...ction-details/
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:14 AM   #12450
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Those all sound like garbage, timid excuses. It’s sounds exactly like the type of excuses that got Nissan into the situation it’s in right now; a struggling brand with no soul or identity. Top to bottom both Nissan and Infiniti are the epitome of mediocrity. They’re like the 90’s Kia and Hyundai.

This decision was THE decision that soured me on the brand and the start of truly tarnishing it’s legacy with enthusiasts.