Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:50 AM   #10321
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
And this isn't for me, but at least Honda is trying to compete with the Focus St/RS whole heartedly. Nissans attempts look that much more pathetic. 306 hp Type R

http://jalopnik.com/the-2018-honda-c...-dr-1793035578
Old 03-07-2017, 07:07 AM   #10322
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That type r is growing on me. And I've never liked Honda's or hot hatches.

"And yes, it comes with a manual, and a manual only. Deal with it."
Nice.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:30 AM   #10323
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I personally can't stand it. Where the Focus RS is aggressive yet restrained and adult looking, this Type R is overwrought and too boy-racer (how long has it been since you heard that term?). It's just too busy with too many layers of aero.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:36 AM   #10324
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Got a point. Kinda reminds me of a damned Gundam or some shit.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:09 AM   #10325
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
too boy-racer
I swear this was my exact thought.

It just screams "TOKYO [I CAN'T] DRIFT!! ANIME!!! ME-SAN!!!"

I feel like I'm too old to drive a vehicle that looks like that.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #10326
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Focus RS > Civic Type R

Type R needs AWD now. Too much shit going on with that design.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #10327
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
I personally can't stand it. Where the Focus RS is aggressive yet restrained and adult looking, this Type R is overwrought and too boy-racer (how long has it been since you heard that term?). It's just too busy with too many layers of aero.
Took the words right out of my mouth Mel first glance and that is exactly what rolled through my mind.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:13 PM   #10328
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
the typeR is just the worst! pretty sure this is what happened...

honda exec #1: what do kids these days like on cars? OH I KNOW!! VENTS! VENTS EVERYWHERE! VENTS IN VENTS!

honda exec #2: Oh! Not one, not two... BUT THREE EXHAUST TIPS!!! kids LOVE exhaust tips!!!

honda exec #1: GREAT IDEA! What else?

honda exec #2: Hmmm, not sure... LETS GET XZIBIT IN HERE!?!?!

xzibit: Hey guys whats up?

honda execs: xzibit, we need ideas for the new TypeR... what do you think?

xzibit: guys check this out! lets put some aero on the aero so you can aero while you aero!!!

honda execs: AMAZING! JUST AMAZING!!!

civic typeR lead designer: fuck my life...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:16 PM   #10329
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
The mark up on the Focus RS is crazy. i saw one for $52k at the dealership i bought my Fist from.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:39 PM   #10330
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i want that turbo k20c on my light weight em2.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #10331
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
The mark up on the Focus RS is crazy. i saw one for $52k at the dealership i bought my Fist from.
There's 8 on Cars.com right now that are over $60k. Lol
Old 03-07-2017, 09:46 PM   #10332
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Q60 red sport money for a focus....
Old 03-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #10333
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
There's 8 on Cars.com right now that are over $60k. Lol

Kid at my college has one, it sounds incredible and it's the first domestic I've genuinely liked in ages. But 60k edges on m2 territory and don't even get me started on the used market. Such a stretch
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:55 PM   #10334
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
You guys got it all wrong, none of these cars could possibly hope to match the sentra nismo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:55 PM   #10335
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
Kid at my college has one, it sounds incredible and it's the first domestic I've genuinely liked in ages. But 60k edges on m2 territory and don't even get me started on the used market. Such a stretch
you can get them in the low 40's if you look.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:44 PM   #10336
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

3 sports cars from Toyota. MR2?

http://jalopnik.com/toyota-hints-at-...1793108540/amp
Old 03-08-2017, 10:02 PM   #10337
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

http://www.motortrend.com/news/watch...o-head-2-head/

And BMWs $55k M2 barely beats out the $35k V6 Camaro 1le.

No matter what side of the fence you're on with the Camaro can we admit one thing, V6 Muscle cars are fuckin awesome now. Remember in the 80's, 90's and early 00's when the V6 muscle cars were laughable and frowned on?
Old 03-08-2017, 11:05 PM   #10338
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

That new Chevy v6 is badass. Sounds mean as hell at full tilt too.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:05 AM   #10339
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
MR2 or that S-FR will probably be the third sporty Toyota. I'd hope for a little RWD sedan, but that is highly unlikely.

Only because I prefer the looks of the Mustang more, I'm hoping Ford has a good response to all this positivity about the current-gen Camaro. Facelifted model doesn't cut it.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:12 AM   #10340
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
http://www.evo.co.uk/toyota/gt-86/19...rts-car-lineup
Very big if true. Toyota is way too strong a company to not delve into these things at least a little bit. The past decade and a half of boring money makers put them in a great position to start a resurgence in the Japanese sports car market. Hopefully with Ghosn focusing elsewhere Nissan could follow suit seeing how Toyota does when it paves the way. Very optimistic of course, but within the realm of possibility now I suppose.
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #10341
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax

Old 03-09-2017, 02:30 PM   #10342
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
nissan just needs to sign an agreement with ford and use the 4 banger mustang with different exterior panels... DONE!!!

Old 03-09-2017, 02:40 PM   #10343
MJenkins1101
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
MJenkins1101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
nissan just needs to sign an agreement with ford and use the 4 banger mustang with different exterior panels... DONE!!!
Only issue is weight. I would love an S16, but it would have to be closer to 3,000 pounds. I'm saying 3,000 pounds I'm saying closer to it.
MJenkins1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #10344
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
nissan just needs to sign an agreement with ford and use the 4 banger mustang with different exterior panels... Done!!!
dude for real!
Old 03-09-2017, 03:40 PM   #10345
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I'm not opposed to that.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:03 PM   #10346
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'd be so down. Idk if you guys have ever experienced the ecoboost stang, but I've been drifting in the Function Factory ecoboost stang at one of the road courses in Phoenix and it literally felt like I was riding in an extremely well built s-chassis. The owner of the car has drifted s-chassis for years and shared the same feelings I had, it's basically a modern era silvia with a ford badge. They are really amazing once you throw them sideways.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:57 PM   #10347
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

its funny that you guys all bitch about the weight of the Mustang. how many of you have actually DRIVEN one?

i personally have, it really doesnt feel much different than an S-Chassis. the ecoboost motor EASILY makes 500hp with bolt ons and a tune. hell, you can get into high 12s with just a tune and a few minor bolt ons.

stop knocking the car and actually DRIVE the stupid thing. it IS an S16 silvia for the most part! (outside of the blue oval in various places on the car)

Old 03-09-2017, 05:01 PM   #10348
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Hell, I want one. And the classic mustang guys I've known for years hate it because it ain't v8.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:24 PM   #10349
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Fuck that hate. Drive what you want. I agree that an ecoboost is basically a domestic spiritual embodiment of what an S16 probably could be. Apparently it loves more boost and loves to be sideways. If you forget how heavy it is while driving it hard, that's attributed to a well-engineered chassis. My E46 M3 feels the same way and it probably weighs the same as the current mustang.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #10350
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

At this point I don't think many people are complaining any more. Lol.

We haven't seen a render of the Silvia kind, magazine or otherwise, in a long long long time. Wish I could read whatever the fucking fuck that says. I'm sure it says something like "hey look at this bullshit that'll never exist" . Something along those lines.