Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-14-2015, 03:24 PM   #7921
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
fixed that for you.
Same guy.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2015, 04:50 PM   #7922
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well we're finally getting a TT VQ.

Other than the VR38, Nissan isn't keen on building an engine for just one car. Odds are this is going into more cars.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #7923
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Well we're finally getting a TT VQ.

Other than the VR38, Nissan isn't keen on building an engine for just one car. Odds are this is going into more cars.
are you referring to the VQ thats going in the G37 coupe successor? (the Q60 or whatever the fuck that audi branding idiot changed the name to )

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #7924
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
are you referring to the VQ thats going in the G37 coupe successor? (the Q60 or whatever the fuck that audi branding idiot changed the name to )
Shit, was in a hurry and forgot the link. No, a new VQ35DETT.
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/15/2...o-v6-official/

EDIT: NM, you're right. Same engine. Pretty cool though. Silver lining.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #7925
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Read the article noticed a few key things from the release.

Quote:
The 3.0-liter V6 twin-turbo engine family will first be available in the 2016 Infiniti Q50 sports sedan
Quote:
ombination of drivability, efficiency, and performance. The VR engines will be used in new Infiniti models that have been engineered to satisfy every Infiniti market worldwide, signaling the growing presence of the brand globally.
I wonder what else will be getting the new plants.

So Nissan will have a 300-400hp 3.0 V6 twin turbo. Sounds like a great engine for the new Z.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #7926
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post

So Nissan will have a 300-400hp 3.0 V6 twin turbo. Sounds like a great engine for the new Z.

I hope it has way more than that. Current VQ37 is 330-350hp.

For a performance car, Nissan needs to be in the 450+ range to keep up with the V8s.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #7927
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
the new Z is already slated to feature the twin turbo 3.0 litre (i think i spilled this a few months back). though, it may be a trim option, not 100% on that yet. supposedly to combat the competition, the new Z will receive a bit of a diet in terms of overall weight.

only draw back is that ALL of the G/Q/whatever models are now ALL automatic. the G37 was the last Infiniti to receive stick.

Old 12-16-2015, 12:39 AM   #7928
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I am not feeling the steer by wire thing. BMW went down the road of electric assist steering and the steering feel of them has suffered for it.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:06 AM   #7929
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
BMW went down the road of electric assist steering and the steering feel of them has suffered for it.

I think this happens when manufacturers initially switch over, but after a couple years they get the "bugs" worked out and the steering feel can be pretty good.

Nothing can beat the feel of a good manual rack in a lightweight car though.

@lees_garage
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:05 AM   #7930
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Hmmm. A 3L TT V6... I would have preferred a single turbo for simplicity, but oh well. Should suit the next Z just fine. Fairly certain their shooting for 400hp+ at this point. Maybe they'll return to the 300ZX name...

BUT I don't envision such a car selling for less than $40k. Maybe even $45k+. There is no way the Z can remain entry level, I don't think. Unless they sell an N/A version. But I'd rather they just give us a true entry level turbo Silvia under $30k to round out the performance line.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:20 AM   #7931
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
I hope it has way more than that. Current VQ37 is 330-350hp.

For a performance car, Nissan needs to be in the 450+ range to keep up with the V8s.
You make a good point. The mustang has just about the best bang for buck. If Nissan can make it weight 500LBS+ less than the mustang I think 400 could work. Though from a marketing stand point 450+ would be best.

Interesting how things are shaping up. GTR, twin turbo 370......leaves room for one more car. Especially considering they are borrowing a 2.0 L turbo from Mercedes. That engine makes 208HP, however Mercedes has a performance version that makes now 375

Quote:
For the 2016 year model, Mercedes-AMG has increased the horsepower of the CLA 45. [31] It now has 375 hp @ 6,000 rpm which sprints the car from 0-60 in only 4.1 seconds compared to the previously 4.4 seconds on 355 hp
Old 12-17-2015, 12:07 PM   #7932
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lees_Garage View Post
I think this happens when manufacturers initially switch over, but after a couple years they get the "bugs" worked out and the steering feel can be pretty good.
Steering is more electronics than human effort on new cars anyway, so just give us this already. Cannot wait to buy a Nardi joystick.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:28 PM   #7933
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Some more details on the new VQTT.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/check-e...3-0-liter-v-6/
Old 12-17-2015, 03:35 PM   #7934
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Steering is more electronics than human effort on new cars anyway, so just give us this already. Cannot wait to buy a Nardi joystick.

Except that's not how it works. You can actually modify the input signal for assist. With assist off, it's a manual steering rack.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:32 AM   #7935
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Oh now, that sounds sweet. Didn't anticipate them using the same engine for both a base & premium option. And the turbos are still bolt on! That makes things interesting...
Old 12-18-2015, 10:59 AM   #7936
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

only bitch of the matter is that the intercoolers are air to water instead of air to air. gonna make upgrading them kind of a pain in the ass... and that speed sensor on the turbos, that should be a blasty blast to eliminate when tuning

though it will be nice to see a return of a 300z instead of a 390z or 400z maybe well see a 4 cyl turbo variant in the next Z as well judging how closely the Z and G always followed one another.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #7937
simmode1
Post Whore!

On a side note - I feel conflicted about the 300hp VR engine. I mean, the VG30DETT was doing that in 1989. That option better be cheap AF.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:58 PM   #7938
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
Except that's not how it works. You can actually modify the input signal for assist. With assist off, it's a manual steering rack.
Except there is no button on cars to switch the assist off and magically convert the steering into a true manual rack, so it hardly matters anymore whether the mechanical input comes from a human or an electric servo.
The Mercedes prototype is from the 90s and it was extensively tested and driven on public roads for thousands of kilometers. With today's technology companies could be making cars that are steered with Xbox controllers.
Steering wheels will become obsolete. Combustion engines are for dinosaurs. Hello future.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:55 PM   #7939
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
only bitch of the matter is that the intercoolers are air to water instead of air to air. gonna make upgrading them kind of a pain in the ass... and that speed sensor on the turbos, that should be a blasty blast to eliminate when tuning

though it will be nice to see a return of a 300z instead of a 390z or 400z maybe well see a 4 cyl turbo variant in the next Z as well judging how closely the Z and G always followed one another.
Yeah, that just seems par for the course today. Nothing gets easier to tune. lol. It's almost a no brainer that the Z will have the MB 2.0T and the TT. If anything it makes more sense to offer the 2.0T in the Z and not the Q60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
On a side note - I feel conflicted about the 300hp VR engine. I mean, the VG30DETT was doing that in 1989. That option better be cheap AF.
And lighter.

The Z HAS to be significantly lighter. GM engineers are doing awesome shit with adding lightness. Nissan has had a pretty strong commitment to lightness as well.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:37 PM   #7940
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Steering wheels will become obsolete. Combustion engines are for dinosaurs. Hello future.
http://www.motoring.com.au/internal-...y-2050-100515/

Old 12-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #7941
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Gotta love the Lefties.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:13 AM   #7942
simmode1
Post Whore!

On a sidenote about the new VR engine, Nissan makes the ugliest v6 intake manifolds imaginable. Would it really kill them to make something beautiful & compact like this from 1991:

The vg30dett doesn't look so needlessly bulky with this kind of intake manifold.

Oh another sidenote: Nissan, don't let the Corvette be the only one! Bring back the T-top!
Old 12-19-2015, 06:03 AM   #7943
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post

Oh another sidenote: Nissan, don't let the Corvette be the only one! Bring back the T-top!
That's actually a good idea. When the Z came out in 02 it was the right car for the right time. It was obviously a good car but it had less great cars to compete with, which made it stand out more. The Z has lost so much luster in the last 14 years and it really needs to be something different, but still capitalize on its history. Design details like t tops would help restore some of its uniqueness. Multiple engines will help compete better.

I still can't decide if it's going to go upmarket, or down or try to more directly compete with Mustang/Camaro which are selling like crazy.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:08 AM   #7944
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Except there is no button on cars to switch the assist off and magically convert the steering into a true manual rack, so it hardly matters anymore whether the mechanical input comes from a human or an electric servo.
The Mercedes prototype is from the 90s and it was extensively tested and driven on public roads for thousands of kilometers. With today's technology companies could be making cars that are steered with Xbox controllers.

Add one. Your on a 240sx forum, you should be willing to modify your car.

The problem with a joystick is you loose the direct steering shaft. So in the event a wire gets frayed, the battery goes dead, the ECU pops, you lose power or the car is not on, you have no way to turn the wheel.

EPAS is basically a manual rack and shaft with an electric motor attached to the shaft. It then senses you turning r a wheel and boosts the effort. Most cars have this hooked to a speed sensor so your inputs and feed back are carried based on vehicle speed. It becomes dynamic input/feed back.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:47 PM   #7945
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Faaaaaawk!

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/20/2...lsa-el-camino/
Old 12-21-2015, 08:05 AM   #7946
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
Vauxhall even jokes in the announcement that this beast isn't for folks that value fuel economy or low emissions; it's all about muscle.

I'm glad someone knows not everyone cares about low emissions and fuel economy.

On a side note. Parked next to 4 cylinder mustang had after market exhaust. Sounded good on the low end. Kind of a weird sound coming from a Stang'. As he drove by you could hear the turbo's spooling. When he left the parking lot and got on it. Sounded kind of meh....
Old 12-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #7947
Corbic
Post Whore!

The Future RWD Coupes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I'm glad someone knows not everyone cares about low emissions and fuel economy.

It's not a car for the people at $82,000. It's likely a 1-200 unit deal just to draw up some attention.

Charger/Challenger SCAT PAK are both better deals and better looking.

497hp at $37,500...

I love the new Charger styling. Seeing all the cop cars makes me giddy to think in 5 years they could be cheap 4dr drift cars.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:11 AM   #7948
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
It's not a car for the people at $82,000. It's likely a 1-200 unit deal just to draw up some attention.
That's exactly the point. Mission accomplished.

Quote:

497hp at $37,500...

I love the new Charger styling. Seeing all the cop cars makes me giddy to think in 5 years they could be cheap 4dr drift cars.
I haven't like the Charger since day 1. This generation totally wins me over. The character lines on the doors still bother me, but the rest of the package is very solid. Especially bang-for-you-buck like you pointed out.

I still hate the big fat pig Challenger though.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:33 AM   #7949
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
why ANYONE would ever produce a car or want to own anything with the word SCAT in it is beyond me...

Old 12-21-2015, 09:43 AM   #7950
Corbic
Post Whore!

The Future RWD Coupes Thread

Quote:
why ANYONE would ever produce a car or want to own anything with the word SCAT in it is beyond me...

I'm surprised BMW or Mercedes didn't pick it up first.... being German and all.

I also still have no idea what the hell it means or references. Is it an acronym?