Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:51 AM   #31
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
You need the SR20 ECU pinout? I pin-to-pin'd it years ago, but it looks a lot like my lower harness diagram lol... this is from the ECU to the engine, not interior plug:

This will work just fine for the critical stuff:
http://www.plxdevices.com/ECUDatabas...0DET_91_95.pdf

And here's what I used from the instrument cluster plugs - the only ones coming from the engine harness are 1-pin coolant temp and tach:

Quote:
Back of dash - 3 plugs.
6) 1-conductor temp sensor
14) +12v ign switched power (7.5A)
15) +12v for clock
17) tach sensor - higher voltage = higher rpm
24) fuel gauge signal - from pins 1 to 4 on the fuel gauge, 5ohms @ full, 80ohms @ empty
25) VSS - pin 1
26) VSS - pin 2
40) gnd

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com

Last edited by GSXRJJordan; 12-01-2008 at 11:19 AM..
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #32
TheWayItGoes909
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
TheWayItGoes909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hey lol thats A good Story Yea true about Unpainted Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
No, never been pulled over. It actually had a bad exhaust leak because the cat broke so it sounded like a rotary and the number 3 on the ka wasn't firing because the plug seal broke and it was full of oil so it idled like it had stage 4 cams lol.

Funny enough running a straight pipe from the turbo back is actually quieter on the sr, it's the turbo that's loud as fuck (from driving the 13 around with it.) Also I was driving around without a front end on the car since May and not even a dirty look from a cop. They only pull over the super rice cars or honda's unfortunately.

But it doesn't mean they wont pull you over. Also I wont be driving the car on the streets with unpainted aero, it's still on jack stands at the moment. I'll update the thread with my findings this weekend.
TheWayItGoes909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #33
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
seems to make sense, this believe it or not is helpful for identifying plugs on the sr harness. I dunno where that ignitor chip stuff is though, i'll have to check the s13 for it as I left the harness disconnection duties up to my little brother when we yanked it.

that's probably still on the s14.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #34
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
OTG Vinyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm glad to see the back of the Lang kit long before I buy one.
OTG Vinyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:39 PM   #35
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG Vinyl View Post
I'm glad to see the back of the Lang kit long before I buy one.
You want to see what the back of a lang kit looks like?

and below is Avante (TED)'s car.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:40 PM   #36
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Quote:
You want to see what the back of a lang kit looks like?

and below is Avante (TED)'s car.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant the back of the bumper. As in not the front of the front bumper, but the back side. To see how deep it is and mounting points and such. Not something you normally see in build threads.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:48 PM   #37
Om1kron
Post Whore!

oooooh aaaah cool cool, yeah I am impressed with the quality and construction of vertex's parts. I think I will get authentic vertex aero for my s13.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #38
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Quote:
oooooh aaaah cool cool, yeah I am impressed with the quality and construction of vertex's parts. I think I will get authentic vertex aero for my s13.
Is it all fiberglass? It seems scary to have straight fiberglass that low to the ground. Plus it seems like the mounting points could be ripped off pretty easily in the case of a small tap against a sidewalk or curb or something.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #39
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Is it all fiberglass? It seems scary to have straight fiberglass that low to the ground. Plus it seems like the mounting points could be ripped off pretty easily in the case of a small tap against a sidewalk or curb or something.
I guess you could take a look at avante's car and see how low he is, and however he does it, his kit has survived. Vertex is built a bit thinner than most kits so it has some give and play in it.

Nob's drift soarer ate a wall at a d1 event and the front bumper survived it, so it cant be that bad. You can almost see through certain area's of the aero and other area's it's pretty solid.

The fenders don't even use all of the supplied stays and such and they're rock solid once all of their drilled mounting holes are used, so i dont see a point in drilling holes for the other ones they left out.

They most likely left them out for a reason.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #40
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Quote:
I guess you could take a look at avante's car and see how low he is, and however he does it, his kit has survived. Vertex is built a bit thinner than most kits so it has some give and play in it.

Nob's drift soarer ate a wall at a d1 event and the front bumper survived it, so it cant be that bad. You can almost see through certain area's of the aero and other area's it's pretty solid.

The fenders don't even use all of the supplied stays and such and they're rock solid once all of their drilled mounting holes are used, so i dont see a point in drilling holes for the other ones they left out.

They most likely left them out for a reason.
Pretty impressive! Sounds like you have done your research on the material.

I had a used fiberglass bumper that I had prepped and sprayed a few years back on one of my first cars when I was just getting into cars, and that was a nightmare. It left a sour taste in my mouth for fiberglass aftermarket parts. I think the blame could be placed on the fact that it was a used bumper more-so that it was fiberglass.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #41
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:

I had a used fiberglass bumper that I had prepped and sprayed a few years back on one of my first cars when I was just getting into cars, and that was a nightmare. It left a sour taste in my mouth for fiberglass aftermarket parts. I think the blame could be placed on the fact that it was a used bumper more-so that it was fiberglass.
Well, that's the difference in using quality, original parts.
Vertex isn't knock-off crap. It's what gets knocked-off because lame cheap skates don't want to pay for REAL parts.

It's not the fiberglass that is at fault, it is the manufacturing and lack of quality control.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #42
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Well that's the difference in using quality,original parts.
Vertex isn't knock-off crap. It's what gets knocked-off because lame cheap skates don't want to pay for REAL parts.

It's not the fiberglass that is at fault, it is the manufacturing and lack of quality control.
The bumper I had wasn't exactly knock off though. I think it was just prepped wrong and put up wet, so to speak. The bloody thing cost $500 new and this was 4-5 years ago.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #43
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:

I had a used fiberglass bumper that I had prepped and sprayed a few years back on one of my first cars when I was just getting into cars, and that was a nightmare.
Yes I have been there before, shitty fitament, yada ya, just went with oem aero after that point.

But it depends on who you buy from, VIS copies everything, I dont buy shit from them, siebon copies everything i dont buy shit from them, my car had origin aero on it and version select aero on it... They're copies of shit plain and simple I wont buy shit from them ever again, fitament sucked too, fenders disintegrated from driving.

I just don't like knock off parts, I don't believe in paying for things twice to get them right a second time.

Spend the money to do it up right the first time or just don't do it at all. Cant have project car dreams on a bachelor budget my man.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #44
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Yes I have been there before, shitty fitament, yada ya, just went with oem aero after that point.

But it depends on who you buy from, VIS copies everything, I dont buy shit from them, siebon copies everything i dont buy shit from them, my car had origin aero on it and version select aero on it... They're copies of shit plain and simple I wont buy shit from them ever again, fitament sucked too, fenders disintegrated from driving.

I just don't like knock off parts, I don't believe in paying for things twice to get them right a second time.

Spend the money to do it up right the first time or just don't do it at all. Cant have project car dreams on a bachelor budget my man.
Very true! My last project had a LOT of time and effort in it, and fitment was spot on. It was a dream to not only work on myself, but when it had to go in for tuning or other work, they loved the ease of getting to everything:
http://i36.tinypic.com/520w87.jpg
(linked as to not detract from the thread)
Old 12-05-2008, 05:08 PM   #45
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Nice, i'm so glad my credit sucks and I buy everything cash lol. I really wanted to buy a new mustang gt. (YEAH I SAID IT) runs and hides.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #46
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Nice, i'm so glad my credit sucks and I buy everything cash lol. I really wanted to buy a new mustang gt. (YEAH I SAID IT) runs and hides.
I've had six Mustangs, five modified. I'm liking the new 2010, but it's still on the large side like the 05-09s, and that's keeping me from buying one.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #47
Om1kron
Post Whore!

yeah i'm over new cars, i mean it was cool to have a new car but it's totally a buzzkill when it comes down to getting mods for it and tinkering with them, smog laws more strict.

Tri-cats and shit like that... BOOOOOO!!!!

I do my part and recycle and i'm green to balance out the pollution my non egr, non cat having death trap ozone layer depleting car produce lol.

Anyway enough chatting for now, I got a box of goodies from FRSport that just arrived at the house, and I got some shit to do tonight...

Engine
-replace spark plugs
-replace front and rear main seals
-add circuit sports intake manifold gasket (because my sr was not running one period)
-add 7 layer s15 exhaust gasket (because my sr was not running a gasket here period)
-add chain tensioner gasket (have oil spatter on the front of my engine looks like thats where it's coming from)
-got some circuit sport pulleys for the car. Would've gotten Greddy but since i'm stripping them down and getting them re-coated I didn't want to ruin them.
-got a sweet d1 hks oil cap for my valve cover which will match my car's color scheme. (now to order colored vacuum hoses) HAHA J/K
- mount shortblock in car when done so I can measure the engine harness wires to see where I need to cut so I don't end up with 3ft of ECU wires I do not need, plot out the wires.
- Re-pin junctioned wires and get measurements for heat sleeving i'll need for the maf since im going to run that around the engine like in the diagram I posted earlier but I will bolt it to the frame rail.

Transmission
- replace throw out bearing
- degrease that bitch and brush it down
- switch out the speed sensor with my KA speed sensor, not that I think this matters since I'm going to run a stack cluster and you can program it to read km/h or mph. Neither bother me as my old car had km/h on it's display.

Electrical
- Stare at my engine harness some more, and cry.

Stay tuned for the next batch of updates this weekend.

<3
Old 12-08-2008, 02:29 AM   #48
Om1kron
Post Whore!

http://om1kron.blogspot.com/2008_12_01_archive.html

Last edited by Om1kron; 01-27-2009 at 09:41 AM..
Om1kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:38 AM   #49
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
this thread is making my head hurt...............props to you sir on doing it right!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 03:24 AM   #50
kornaz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
kornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kornaz Send a message via Yahoo to kornaz
That car was for sale for months and months on CraigsList. Seems like it would've been easier just to start from a scratch. But it's good that it went to good hands. Keep up the good work! I will check back often. ;]
The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
kornaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:38 AM   #51
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
The harness laid out above is still for RHD, keep that in consideration (I'm sure you will).

Please take some notes on front main seal replacement - I'm sure it's as easy as it looks, but I'm gonna have to do that on mine real soon, and any tips would be nice!

Also, final measurements from firewall grommet to plugs for your connectors - especially if you're tucking everything. I didn't do that last measurement, and some of my stuff is off by an inch or two... not a huge thing, but I want the next harness I do to be perfect!

As far as engine cleaning:
+
... took my motor from:
---- to ---->

The wire wheel doesn't get everywhere, but damn if it doesn't shave hours off.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 12-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #52
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
GP sports roof spoiler? on the s14?
Old 12-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #53
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
GP sports roof spoiler? on the s14?
You're asking me if that's what's on it or suggesting I should put one on the car. I'm not entirely too sure what the roof spoiler is, was thinking of ditching it for d-max. Still up in the air if I want a D-Max Hood for the car or a BN-Sports hood. (completely un-related, price sort of pays a factor since i'm painting it.) Either way it will be something authentic...

Oh Jordan here is a write up on the front seal replacement.

Front mainseal - S-Chassis.com

This guy has an HTML Page with all of his how-to's on it, which are all pretty helpful.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #54
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Asking if thats whats on it.

I'll take the one on the black car if you're ditching it.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:01 AM   #55
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
Asking if thats whats on it.

I'll take the one on the black car if you're ditching it.
Sure once I figure out how to get it off of the car, I'll have to eventually remove it to cut the roof off of the car.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:19 AM   #56
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Should jus be 3M body tape.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:31 PM   #57
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I would go for a nylon cup brush for the cleaning.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #58
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I would go for a nylon cup brush for the cleaning.

ziss eees ex-helent!
Old 12-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #59
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
ziss eees ex-helent!
Yeah I used one of those too for the parts I couldn't get with the 4" wire wheel, but I didnt have a pic Certainly helps for those areas where just engine cleaner doesn't do the trick, and you'd prefer not to spend a month in there with a nylon brush.

Thanks for the front main seal spot, I thought I had to remove a bunch of shit to do it... that's super easy!

Old 12-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #60
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Yeah I used one of those too for the parts I couldn't get with the 4" wire wheel, but I didnt have a pic Certainly helps for those areas where just engine cleaner doesn't do the trick, and you'd prefer not to spend a month in there with a nylon brush.

Thanks for the front main seal spot, I thought I had to remove a bunch of shit to do it... that's super easy!
Yeah, it's the rear main seal that's going to suck replacing =( I don't even have a clutch alignment tool for my engine so finding one that fits should be fun.