Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #1
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
First Start Issue/Possible Kill switch issue

First off, ANY HELP is appreciated.

Here it goes-

Some background-S13 blacktop(S14 chassis- Auto to Manual)- The original upper and lower harnesses have been replaced with wiring specialties harnesses. The original harnesses were all jacked up and rigged for a push start, it also has a Viper alarm installed. The original wiring had the push start running a hot wire(I assume) to the starter and somewhere on the lower harness.

Anyway I ripped all that out minus the Viper. There was also a wire running to the top plug on the fuse box where you would jump the line for the auto-manual conversion. I removed it and connected the two lines together. But that line is still there from under the dash. There's also a purple line running from I believe the alarm to the other side by the ECU but I don't see where I could plug it and I'm not trying to splice into the new harness. In the same area is a small white plug that I don't know where it goes either (I don't know if that has anything to do with this).

SO I was getting ready to prime the engine (removed plugs) after a rebuild and I only get a click from the passenger side engine bay. Just a single click. I removed the jumper from the top of the fuse box and no click. I connected the white aforementioned wire into it and click again. I believe the alarm is the culprit. But I know nothing about alarms. I do have the diagram and the purple wire says it is for the starter but where would it plug into? I doubt it would go directly to the starter considering it was run to the ECU side. Maybe I need to jump it to the starter relay wire on the ECU?

If you read this far and know something please HELP! Sorry for the rant I've had entirely too much coffee and can't work cause I'm google searching the shit out of this issue...

Last edited by S14kouki805; 06-09-2017 at 02:38 PM..
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links