Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:28 AM   #1
dcjodon
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
s14 How many S14s are left?

IIRC something like 38-40k S14s ever made it to the US. I'd say half of the ones I see for sale are absolutely thrashed/rusted out/stripped and sitting in someone's yard. Pretty soon we'll have to start importing them to get your hands on a clean chassis.
dcjodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2017, 07:41 AM   #2
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=628544

Read and weep.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:46 AM   #3
dcjodon
Zilvia Member

dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon dcjodon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
I can't its too painful
Old 03-29-2017, 08:18 AM   #4
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Import them from where? Other counteies are no better than our own. It's just a generational thing around the glove: kids who dont even know how to properly do an oil change want to jump in and do a "ground up build" and end up with a fucking stripped, knock off brand fest, held together by zip ties, falling apart "drift ratchet"...
Hug and hold on to your beloved s-chassis ladies and gentleman, the end is near.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:41 AM   #5
dcjodon
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Import them from where? Other counteies are no better than our own. It's just a generational thing around the glove: kids who dont even know how to properly do an oil change want to jump in and do a "ground up build" and end up with a fucking stripped, knock off brand fest, held together by zip ties, falling apart "drift ratchet"...
Hug and hold on to your beloved s-chassis ladies and gentleman, the end is near.
Well it'll get to a point where it'll be tough to find a US VIN car and if you do you'll pay for it. I guess it's a problem that'll solve itself since drift kids won't be able to afford them anymore. I wouldn't say the end of the s-chassis is near, there's plenty of 13s and Z33s, go beat those up.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:33 PM   #6
apex128
Zilvia Member

apex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enough
There are other cool cars besides s chassis. Its an old car, getting hard to find. Nothing new lol
apex128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:13 PM   #7
wither48

wither48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Finding a clean s13 in Texas is getting pretty hard. My buddy was lucky enough to find an s14 that's an original kouki. It's auto, but he's gonna do the full swap (with the correct harnesses and ECU, not a hack job) to 5spd soon

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
wither48 is offline   Reply With Quote