Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #571
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Oh whale

Old 07-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #572
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Guess I'm famous or some shit. lol

Old 07-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #573
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Because of the car show part I think!

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #574
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Because of the car show part I think!
Ya bro. Can't wait to get this thing looking seriously pretty again. Drifting is why I can't have nice things.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #575
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I NEED to drive this thing again. The short list of projects includes mounting tires, oil change, and new windshield. 31st Sonoma Drift should be awesome!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #576
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

So I decided to go Golden Gate Drift ProAm Rd. 3 this past weekend. I'm basically out of the points but I figured it would be good practice and fun.

Sunday started well with waking up super late. Didn't get to the track until 11, but still got plenty of practice. The car was DIALED. It hasn't driven this good....ever. I put smaller tires in the rear (215/45/17 vs 225/45/17 Federal 595s) and the car seemed to perform much better. I ran lower pressures and was able to modulate better when following.

Had a pretty strong qualifying, ended up qualifying 6th. Ended up 4th overall after 2 tough losses in the final 4 and conciliation round. It's hard to say what mistakes I made. I was pretty close, but without a spotter I'll have to wait for more media.

Round 4 is shaping up to be fun. A few more events still to come this year.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #577
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Awesome to hear that you're driving better and having fun with the beast! Makes my <3 happy brah

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 07-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #578
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Awesome to hear that you're driving better and having fun with the beast! Makes my <3 happy brah
Wouldn't be possible without Jordan Innovations! Maybe you should sponsor me :P

On the real send me some stickers..... <3
Old 08-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #579
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Here are a few photos from Team Feint Heart from ProAm. The award for worlds ugliest drift car go to me!

Team Feint Heart Blog

Old 08-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #580
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

DEFINITELY not a show car anymore brah

Old 08-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #581
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Here are a couple of new videos from Rd. 3 of ProAm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAW8cJC228s
This is Nick Bayati's recap video. You can see his chase run against me towards the end of the video (about 5:00 in). I wish I had a video of my chase run so I could see where I lost.

Here is another recap video from Team Feint Heart. Unfortunately I'm not in this one but it's still a pretty rad video.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #582
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

The Sonoma Drift series ended this weekend with the Summer Jam event. I came out on Saturday and put in a solid day of practice and the car was feeling pretty good. Sunday came and I put some fresh rubber on and the car felt awesome!

Qualifying went really well. Tied for first so they averaged our 2 runs together and came out on top. Got a bye run in the top 16, but got knocked out in the top 8. No prize money, no championship

I'm super bummed out and I only have myself to blame. The car was flawless all weekend. I'm going to start driving a lot more for practice because doing only competitions has really put me on the back foot.

Also my car is ugly and I hate it. Emo thread end.

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 08-12-2013 at 08:39 PM..
DJPimpFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #583
DNAmotoring
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
DNAmotoring is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Nice Build, Keep up the good work!
DNAmotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #584
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Did some fun drifting tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGe6cPGz_tE

Old 08-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #585
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Another couple shots from yesterday.

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 08-16-2013 at 11:07 AM..
Old 08-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #586
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Ninja Capture - Golden Gate Drift Rd. 3

Here is a awesome write up with play by play battle coverage from the last round of ProAm.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:21 AM   #587
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I put a new radiator in my car. Made a world of difference.

Then did this

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 08-29-2013 at 01:43 PM..
Old 08-29-2013, 02:20 AM   #588
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

HAha really the new replacement rad cooled considerably better?

BTW - still super jelly of how often you get out to Sonoma. I mean, I know it's in your backyard and stuff, but DAMN man you get to have fun every damn week it looks like haha. <3

Old 08-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #589
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
HAha really the new replacement rad cooled considerably better?

BTW - still super jelly of how often you get out to Sonoma. I mean, I know it's in your backyard and stuff, but DAMN man you get to have fun every damn week it looks like haha. <3
Yea and it's free so I gotta go! Yesterday was exceptional. There were maybe 35 cars in the tandem group alone!

The radiator made a world of difference. I think the one I had wasn't sealing correctly around the radiator cap.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #590
dftsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
dftsilvia is on the path to ruindftsilvia is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
that guy in in the recap video must hate his engine lol. he isnt very impressive
dftsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #591
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftsilvia View Post
that guy in in the recap video must hate his engine lol. he isnt very impressive
Lol yea.... Lots of limiter....

Here's another sweet set of pics from last night.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #592
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR46-pTXqnU

My good friend Julian Jacobs Drift took some sweet raw video last night.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #593
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

I can't believe people even take pictures of your car without a front bumper on it. HIDEOUS.

drifting = SHOW CARS BRO

Old 08-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #594
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trust me... I know. Marcus Fry is making a bash bar for me this weekend so it'll look a little better, and I'm going to put the new kit on very soon.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #595
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

So many good videos this week.

2:33 is epic....

Old 09-03-2013, 02:08 AM   #596
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Yo, dat flick! Your car looked like it was driving well, but holy balls did lil' Matt Field's driver POV show you what an awesome car he's got. Speed up, slow down, big angle, little angle, doin it all.

Rad vid too.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #597
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yo, dat flick! Your car looked like it was driving well, but holy balls did lil' Matt Field's driver POV show you what an awesome car he's got. Speed up, slow down, big angle, little angle, doin it all.

Rad vid too.
Yea I need more power. I feel like set up wise Field has got it on lock.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #598
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Marcus Fry Racing got me set up with a new bash bar so my car is slightly less ugly. We also knocked out a super trick tire rack which also holds my ramps. Best fab work around.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #599
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Ugh this thing is amazing.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 AM   #600
Ayy_mo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Ayy_mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice build man
Ayy_mo is offline   Reply With Quote