Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-29-2015, 02:49 PM   #61
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
My Skyline is an appreciating asset.
it also gets me this kind of asset.

http://www.billboard.com/files/media...lboard-650.jpg
The only thing an old ass Skyline will attract is this.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:56 PM   #62
JSimpson
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
JSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel mkiv View Post
Dam in just the past 2 years I've spent well over 25k into mine..and it doesn't even run..I've been wanting to add up everything and get a actual number but I'm scared on how it will change me..
LOL same here, got over $40k in my SR-VE driveline and the thing doesn't even run. makes me sick but still feel the need to spend more haha
JSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:28 PM   #63
HeyGirlHeyyy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
HeyGirlHeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post

I always laugh at the delusional bros who say "my 240 is a panty dropper. yadda yadda." Pfft, more like boxers coated with pre.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:55 AM   #64
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i always laugh at delusional bros who think <insert car here> is a panty dropper

cars & money only make you a mark

you gotta have game
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:34 AM   #65
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'll go a step further and say that I am not attracted to the type of women who would even know or care what a Skyline or 240sx is.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:42 AM   #66
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Point of fact....only thing you should think about stressing your cash for is a house...or paying off credit cards..

If that's not your game..shit man...life only happens once, enjoy it...

oh and learn how to turn an effin wrench... (not saying anyone here doesn't..just a life suggestion)

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:22 AM   #67
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Thank you, Tony Robbins. I dont know what we would do without your sage advice and wisdom. I have read your books and watched your DVDs, you are up there with great minds like Tom Vu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzsSpDyBc_4

Some fuckin bullshitters on this forum.
Worthy of the lulz.
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:05 PM   #68
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Unfortunately we live in a country that has severely limited our cars performance by harsh punishment to the driver making it pointless to have a car that goes 200MPH and hold 2Gs in the corners since you can only legally do 65 - 85 MPH, anything above that you will end up paying thousands of dollars. If you take a turn and your tires squeal with the wonderful sound of grip, you will be pulled over and charged with reckless driving, licence suspended, maybe jail time, so no point in having a car that grips. Our governments have failed to invest the correct amount of money into road repairs so there is no use to have a low car to drive each day. With all that limitation, the reasons to spend money on legitimate parts has gone too since you will never push your car to the limit of requiring those parts.

The more you think about it the more appealing a corolla sounds.
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:22 PM   #69
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
^^^^^^^Another totally mis-informed punter^^^^^^^^^^Even your understanding of physics is wrong....

FREEDOM: it's a large part of what makes America great...

You're right, there are laws to keep the masses safe...it's your choice to break them you gotta pay to play.....

heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:45 PM   #70
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by heychris View Post
^^^^^^^Another totally mis-informed punter^^^^^^^^^^Even your understanding of physics is wrong....

FREEDOM: it's a large part of what makes America great...

You're right, there are laws to keep the masses safe...it's your choice to break them you gotta pay to play.....

....oh boy......
Old 01-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #71
iRONDONkey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
iRONDONkey is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
MURICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
iRONDONkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:25 PM   #72
iRONDONkey
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
My Skyline is an appreciating asset.
it also gets me this kind of asset.

wrong car bro.

will get you laid. proven and backed by science.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:28 PM   #73
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
If your on Zilvia it is safe to assume you are insane like the rest of us I'm @ 13k for building a perfectly running 2jzgte powered sc300 with blown turbo's. So yea I get it... Highway will now check his checking balance to see if that other 5k I need is available yet
Old 01-30-2015, 02:27 PM   #74
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRONDONkey View Post
wrong car bro.

will get you laid. proven and backed by science.
My Skyline has advanced suspension tunning which has been developed to bounce titties out of bras and bunn cheeks out of pantaloons.

So once I engage the pedal of the clutch fork pivot part and mash the acceleration selector foot then lady parts of reproduction nature unveil and I can insert my passion and the three of us jam on like Dave Mathews and his brethren on a Saturday night after sipping non alcoholic beverages spiked with alcohol and marijuana.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:53 PM   #75
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
on the topic of picking up broads with your motor-carriage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VglD8xIm5Yk
Old 01-30-2015, 02:57 PM   #76
iRONDONkey
Zilvia Junkie

someone go try that with their 240 or skyline and record it.

LUL
Old 01-30-2015, 04:56 PM   #77
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Hell, I'll bet 99.9% of women wouldn't see the difference between a R32 and an old mazda protege lol
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:46 PM   #78
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I have to agree with a lot of the other responses here. I have somewhere around 17 into my build and havent had a running car in 8 months. Its the name of the game
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:50 PM   #79
blkvrtswp
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
blkvrtswp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
So once I engage the pedal of the clutch fork pivot part and mash the acceleration selector foot then lady parts of reproduction nature unveil and I can insert my passion and the three of us jam on like Dave Mathews and his brethren on a Saturday night after sipping non alcoholic beverages spiked with alcohol and marijuana.
Spam-bot reported.

Seriously, I like working on my S13. I know every freaking bolt and clip, most torque specs without looking them up and my plans stretch at least 2 years into the future on a car I have already owned for 7 years.

When people ask me 'When will it be done?' I just laugh. I'll NEVER be 'done' with it!
blkvrtswp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:29 PM   #80
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
If you take a turn and your tires squeal with the wonderful sound of grip, you will be pulled over and charged with reckless driving, licence suspended, maybe jail time, so no point in having a car that grips.
tires that grip dont squeel, jagoff
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:25 PM   #81
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Maybe it's just me, but I don't worry too much about the time I've spent around the car, nor the money I've spent on it. I don't think of working on my car as some kind of trench warfare.

Don't be confused and think I'm romanticizing my car and writing haikus about it either.
It's just fun. That's it.

It is the way my life is structured that whenever I get some time to work on the car, it's fun.

It wouldn't be as much fun if I had no responsibilities other than to eat, sleep, shit, and work on the car. If someone had given me every part I want, and I had as much time as I want with it, then I would not have as much fun as I do now.

This is coming from a 23 year old engineering student with 5 actual hard classes, who is in the middle of helping his dads business move 5 doors down the same shopping center to a bigger store, while working 40 hours a week making shit money, and still sleeping 7-8 hours a night. There are people who work harder than me and achieve more.

Can we all stop engaging in the pissing contest? Can we stop with the cries for attention?
I'd like to just have fun while I am on this planet. There might not be an afterlife to enjoy eternally. Let's just help each other have fun before we all get married, have kids, get stuck in a 40 year mortgage, work until we are like 65 years old and die shortly after.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:23 PM   #82
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
tires that grip dont squeel, jagoff
If they are not squealing, you are not driving hard enough.

And if you are not driving hard enough, no point in having grippy tires or a car that grips. Its all a perception just like freedom
Old 02-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #83
Davetwoforty

Davetwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
well, I'll shed some great insight in here. 1st off, the e36 m3 isn't your average cheap bargain car. I know, just sold mine. it was a 97 s52 cosmos black 2dr coupe. absolutely loved it, till the maintenance costs kicked in. The suspension alone set me back 2k, for starters. I've yet to dive into aftermarket parts and their labor. Joining the bmw crew, coming from a s-chassis, was quite overwhelming. But also greatest experience in my 10yrs of modding cars. Power to weight from factory, the e36 m3 is hands down best money for the buck on the market. With a tune, exhaust, muffler delete, and off the shelf bolt ons, you're looking at easily 300hp. Switch gears, the s13 let's face it, is a slow f'n turd.. lol But power to weight ratio = stupidly fast. If one purchased the s14 sr20det, got a used 2871r with all bolt ons, you're looking at price of the e36 m3 stock, except you're faster and lighter for the exact some price. Since I have deep experience in s13s, i know all well of costs and it became worth it to keep things Nissan. Hope this insight helps alittle. Feel free to ask questions or comments per conversation/thread.
Davetwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:35 PM   #84
Davetwoforty

Davetwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
also, purchased s13 sr20det redtop with all bolt ons w/fmic, piping, wiring etc for 2300. Then bought a super clean 92 s13 shell w/spare sr redtop for 2200. Everything paid for from the sale of the m3, and for under 5k. m3 alone cost me 5k + 2800 in "needed" maintenence , or about 8k. Lesson learned here is, knowledge & experience are what will make or break your pocket.
Davetwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:08 AM   #85
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i have an s14b23 in my e30 touring (aka wagon). maintenance on a US e36m, or any US m5x/s5x is childs play in comparison lol
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote