Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
CrazyTrance
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
CrazyTrance is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
s13 swaybar clearances?

I dont know if this has been covered before but I'm trying to figure out what the clearance differences are between the aftermarket and stock front sway bars.

I have a problem where i got to know a curb real well and it bent up a lca, broke a tension rod, and now my sway bar wont clear the new oil pan i put on. When i look down the sway bar it seems to have bent. Well needles to say i dont have a front sway bar on my car anymore until i can either bend it back to fit, or buy a new one.

Anyways, with the vh45 i've got in there, the stock sway bar just BARELY fits to begin with and rubbed on the front of the oil pan anyways.

vv Pictures vv

Its kinda hard to tell from those pictures how close it really is, i dont have a picture from the side showing just how close it is. But i assure you there isn't much more than 1mm between the two.

So i'm curious which sway bars would actually allow for more clearance.

I'm pretty sure the whiteline one would as i've seen how low that one hangs. But what about the others? Anybody got pictures of them installed? I keep finding pictures of the bars, but not installed.

Last edited by CrazyTrance; 12-06-2008 at 01:33 AM..
CrazyTrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
CrazyTrance
Zilvia Member

seriously? Nobody?
Old 12-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTrance View Post
bent up a lca, broke a tension rod, and now my sway bar wont clear the new oil pan i put on. When i look down the sway bar it seems to have bent.
Nobody wants to touch this thread because of this. You're going to have a difficult time finding clearance specs especially if you don't say what your "swap" is.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
looks like a VK45 from his avatar

lexus baby
5t341tH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:28 AM   #5
CrazyTrance
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
Nobody wants to touch this thread because of this. You're going to have a difficult time finding clearance specs especially if you don't say what your "swap" is.
Ok.. all anyone had to do was ask then. I didn't think it was a big deal since all i asked was if anyone knew how much more clearance over stock certain aftermarket bars give.

I've got a vh45de in my coupe