Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Archive and FAQs

Archive and FAQs Archives and Frequently Asked Questions about the 240SX are in here.

Old 12-26-2002, 06:55 PM   #1
gatonmy3
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
gatonmy3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rewiring 97 headlights

first off i would like to know what in the hell happened to the topic on 97 front end conversions, that thread was really helpfully and would be in what i need now.

I am in the process of getting the h1 connectors for the lights but i still have a little while until i receive them if anybody knows how to cut the wiring harness from the 95 and wire it straight into the h1s without the connector that would be helpful. please email me with tips if possible thanks. [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2002, 09:27 PM   #2
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
They moved the thread some where in Tech Talk. I've done the conversion, but I'm still waiting on my connectors. However I did cut a harness to power up my lights. Whatever you do.....DO NOT CUT YOUR HARNESS.

Ok this is what I have done and I highly recommend you DO NOT DO THIS. I cut the headlight harness and sticked the wires into the H4 socket.....its works but....BAD IDEA. This is because I have to buy a new headlight harness (two of course). Also your risking a potential fire, serious corrosion(sp) and the wires will fall out once in awhile if they are not strapped down. But I only did this because the headlight harness cost me $22 to replace and I'm not keeping this setup too long. I will try to post info when I get my connectors and also give a semi-detailed write-up (still under some work).

E-mail me at: [email protected] if you have anymore questions....or just PM or response to this thread.

Last edited by SimpleS14; 12-26-2002 at 09:30 PM..
Old 12-30-2002, 10:56 PM   #3
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Ok...this is what I did....

Since my headlight harness is already cut, I bought some female connectors from radio shack. They are flat and come in a small packaged labeled "Fully Insulated Connectors". Now what I did is mend and solder the exposed wire onto this connectors and simple plugged them into my H4 socket. Of course I kept the plastic insulator that came with the connectors and wrapped it up with electric tape and heat shrink.

If this is too confusing any me any more questions.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:10 PM   #4
Sniper-X
Zilvia Junkie

Sniper-X is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey GT, sorry I didn't reply to your PM sooner. So I'll just post here. I have my connectors in, but haven't had the chance to install them and slice the wires. I'll probably get on it on sunday or something. but we'll have to see. The whole deal shouldn't take too long and should work just fine though.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:57 PM   #5
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

It's cool, its actually not to late since I have another headlight harness. Let us know how it goes and BTW...where did you get your connectors?
Old 01-02-2003, 12:06 AM   #6
Sniper-X
Zilvia Junkie

Sniper-X is an unknown quantity at this point
I get all of my stuff directly from Nissan. That's the best and easiest way for me.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:44 AM   #7
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
wth..thats very odd, becuz i went to the NISSAN dealer, they wouldnt let it go without buying the whole headlight wiring harness!