Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
bshotts
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
bshotts is making a name for him/her selfbshotts is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bshotts
s14 *ISIS S14 Dual N1 cat-back exhaust review

The bulk of this text is taken from my review I posted directly on Enjuku’s website, however this includes pics. Enjoy!

I was looking for an S14 cat-back alternative to the outrageous prices of some of the well-known exhaust manufacturers. Asked Ken about the ISIS quality and if they've been satisfied with the products so far and was convinced to give this a try.

Exhaust arrived well-packed only with a few issues: unless they are still residing deep inside the bowls of the exhaust pipes, I didn't receive the gasket/hardware bag which may have just been a slip up; and the right 3.5" exhaust tip was slightly bent but was fixed by shaping it with a soft hammer and the included silencer to match the circular profile. Stainless looked pristine and I examined every weld for any slag or any area where the weld didn't achieve full penetration....couldn't find a single one! My dog's squirrel approves

Installation was straightforward but a bit of advice; start with the middle exhaust hanger on the rear section then move to the rearmost two near the bumper, then finish with the closest to the sway bar/diff. The middle hanger could stand to move 1 to 1.5" forward and the front hanger about 1" rearward. I moved on to the front section and bolted it to my Catco 3" cat while holding up the other end using an M10x1.50 bolt attached to the rear section. After I tightened up to the cat, I moved to the four bolts/nuts to join the front and rear sections, again using a total of four M10x1.50 bolts with a lock washer and flanged hex nuts. Because I didn't have a gasket, I used some high-temp red RTV but plan to fix this soon. Fitment to the OEM bumper is very nice and does not damage the paint. If there was an exhaust to OEM bumper thread, this would be the standard.

Exhaust note is surprisingly quiet especially at idle on my SR20 using a Tomei Expreme and 3" back exhaust, which is nice if you daily for more than 45 minutes to work each way like me. Climb in revs and you notice no rattling/raspiness and a full sounding grunt....makes good music with the turbo spool.

OEM S14 cat-back: 40 lbs.
ISIS S14 Dual N1 cat-back: 35 lbs.

Last edited by bshotts; 05-12-2009 at 06:35 AM..
bshotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #2
grnappletree14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
grnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
good review !!!!!!!!!!!
grnappletree14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:08 AM   #3
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
looks real nice.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
carps13guy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
carps13guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hey man, do you have any sound clips? im thinking of getting one for my s13
carps13guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
Ali 556
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Ali 556 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
good review,

but i think it's a Little close to the bumber and the stock bumber might melt from the heat

btw how much $$$?
Old 08-23-2009, 05:44 AM   #6
bshotts
Zilvia Junkie

bshotts is making a name for him/her selfbshotts is making a name for him/her self
I've got a sound clip for ya....well except for the fact that I can't get the 3gp format to upload correctly. Tell you what, give me an email addy and I won't hesistate to get it to you.

Price for this particular exhaust was a (stainless) steal in my opinion (pun intended); roughly 300 shipped from Enjuku.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:24 AM   #7
Ali 556
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Ali 556 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshotts View Post
I've got a sound clip for ya....well except for the fact that I can't get the 3gp format to upload correctly. Tell you what, give me an email addy and I won't hesistate to get it to you.

[email protected]

Send and i'll upload and post a link to youtube
Old 01-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #8
Blacksilvy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Blacksilvy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Blacksilvy Send a message via MSN to Blacksilvy Send a message via Yahoo to Blacksilvy
i hate to revive an old thread but is this exhaust no longer available now?
Blacksilvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #9
bshotts
Zilvia Junkie

Not sure if Enjuku still offers this, but I am currently offering it up for sale. I'm going more of an OEM route. Here's my FS link: http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/36129...pe-lookie.html
Zoom in a little more, it's not blurry enough.