Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:17 PM   #1
Dogsbody

Trader Rating: (0)
Dogsbody is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S14 Z32 rear brake converison, e-brake routing issues

Hi Zilvia,

I'm finishing up odds and ends on a '97 S14 with an LS1 (Sikky swap kit). The e-brake cables for the stock setup were previously rubbing on the driveshaft, I thought to fix the issue I'd finish up a Z32 brake swap (the fronts are already done).

The vehicle is at a shop getting the rear brakes done, and they are currently stuck trying to get the e-brake cables routed (I found an R33 cable, which is supposed to work). There simply does not seem to be enough clearance to route an R33 e-brake cable around the Sikky driveshaft yoke in the stock location.

The shop thought to add spacers to lower the subframe, to get a half inch or so clearance. This doesn't seem the best approach to me, since if anything the subframe needs to be raised to get back to stock geometry (car is lowered a little). Has anyone run into this issue and what was their fix? Pics would be greatly helpful, there seems to be a lot of old threads around the issue but I haven't seen a clear answer on how anyone fixed it.
Dogsbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links