Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Clutch problem - Please help

Hi, Well yesterday a friend and i put in a new clutch and flywheel to my car. After everything was replaced and tranny was back up, we took it for a test drive.. the car started as normal..pedal feels firm as usual, but when trying to change into gears..i would need to push the pedal down hard, almost through the floor..so hard i think it will break my floorboard!! we bled the slave cylinder and nothing changed.. and the master and slave cylinders were replaced a couple of months ago.. any idea on how to solve this issue?
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Did you bleed both points??
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
just the slave cylinder was bled..
Old 03-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I dont think its a bleeding issue, as usually if there is air, the pedal is SOFT.
what clutch did you put in?
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

its an exedy oem replacement clutch
Old 03-27-2008, 06:58 AM   #6
posdrift240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
posdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You can adjust the clutch slave with the rod on the pedal going threw the firewall. Try that, it fixed my problem along time ago.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:05 PM   #7
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

yeah it worked..thanks! just now everytime i get to 2500rpm+ the shifter gets really stiff and vibrates, as if theres huge pressure on the shifter/tranny