Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-01-2017, 06:44 PM   #15751
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
What the what
I see he decided to go with the more “homemade” style rocketbunny fenders.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2017, 08:14 PM   #15752
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Alright... fess up. Who's this?

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...399209379.html

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:00 AM   #15753
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What the what

i hate you for posting this...but in a loving way.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:55 AM   #15754
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Real pieces of shit in the past couple of pages. Some of those interiors I can almost smell...
Well done guys!
Old 12-02-2017, 05:02 PM   #15755
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
What the what

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:58 PM   #15756
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light

Cmon man seriously? $10,000? Ten THOUSAND dollars for an AUTO 240? I understand how good of condition it’s in, but, not $10k worth. I paid $4k for a mint hatch 3 years ago, and it’s 5 speed. The prices for “collector” 240’s are ridiculous.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/c...409892421.html
Old 12-02-2017, 07:19 PM   #15757
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:10 PM   #15758
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
What the what
Another beauty from VA... I couldn't even bring myself to get close to it at the last meet. Meanwhile my buddy is shooting photos there and everyone got out of the way so he could shoot this thing. He laughed and told them to go back to their places to block all the ugly.
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #15759
SlmdCpe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared420sx View Post

I mean, its bad.. But it could be SOOOO much worse.

Refer to a few post above.
SlmdCpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:55 PM   #15760
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
I see he decided to go with the more “homemade” style rocketbunny fenders.
You do know that flares are a thing entirely apart from that particular brand, which happens to penetrate your automotive bubble?

If the front had more effective cutouts and ducting, and a better tube design, I'd like it.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:31 PM   #15761
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
You do know that flares are a thing entirely apart from that particular brand, which happens to penetrate your automotive bubble?
this is fake news
Old 12-03-2017, 01:46 PM   #15762
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

If the front had more effective cutouts and ducting, and a better tube design, I'd like it.

I like your style. Keep it up.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:04 PM   #15763
JustinChillenBallin
Leaky Injector

JustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to JustinChillenBallin

https://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/...373045284.html
JustinChillenBallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:14 PM   #15764
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
These guys are back at it again.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/...409925417.html
Old 12-07-2017, 05:28 PM   #15765
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
What the what
are radiators typically mounted like that on v-mounted setups? presumably so the lower hose/pickup will not come in contact with the road?
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:21 PM   #15766
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
are radiators typically mounted like that on v-mounted setups? presumably so the lower hose/pickup will not come in contact with the road?
They typically are not mounted like that.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:30 AM   #15767
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
They typically are not mounted like that.
Believe it or not, they're mounted every which way as necessary, it's just 240s that you're only allowed to modify 3 different ineffectual saggy bumper dragging ways. FUCK anyone who thinks outside the box or builds any kind of one-off.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #15768
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I said typically. Way to take it personal what is it your car or something?

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:01 PM   #15769
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point

anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #15770
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Believe it or not, they're mounted every which way as necessary, it's just 240s that you're only allowed to modify 3 different ineffectual saggy bumper dragging ways. FUCK anyone who thinks outside the box or builds any kind of one-off.
i normally dont comment in this thread, but im going to present you with an argument justifying how this setup below is incorrectly done...

v-mount based intercooler setup in the S-Chassis was created to afford the most air flow possible to the intercooler as well as radiator while eliminating excess heat soaking of the intercooler from ground temperatures as well as radiator heat emissions. with the setup shown above, the radiator hose stretching across the radiator causes turbulence in air flow to the radiator itself, blocks a good deal of surface area by having piping going straight across and is just all around aesthetically unattractive (drift car or not, an eyesore is an eyesore). also, the car appears to be missing side pieces to make up a proper air dam.

now, see the below photo (i was trying to source the old Signal 1580 setup, but couldnt find a proper picture via google)...

take notice that the send pipe on the lower (rather upper) tank has been relocated so nothing obstructs air flow into the radiator. the intercooler has been fit with e-fans to pull more air thru that is being forced into the air dam.

the whole purpose to a vmount is to remove large sections of intercooler piping to allow for faster spooling as well as more efficient airflow/cooling to both the intercooler and radiator by eliminating the two sitting infront/behind one another. having a pipe stretching straight across the front of the radiator almost defeats the purpose of a v-mount setup simply because it creates turbulence and a deflection factor to air coming into the vmount setup itself on both devices. also neglecting to add the side pieces to create an actual air dam hurts the flow of air as its spread any which way it wants to travel versus being directed to the intercooler and radiator.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:57 PM   #15771
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Also LOL at using ditch lights as headlight replacements. What a joke.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #15772
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:

I just realized his parking brake lol.
No way in hell somebody is having an argument in favor of this piece of trash. Everything on it looks like crap, and if that's his idea of a v-mount setup one
can only assume the rest of the car is also is also functioning like crap.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:12 PM   #15773
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
I just realized his parking brake lol.
No way in hell somebody is having an argument in favor of this piece of trash. Everything on it looks like crap, and if that's his idea of a v-mount setup one
can only assume the rest of the car is also is also functioning like crap.
Well it's obviously very poorly executed - I was simply pointing out how backwards it is to talk shit about things being "homemade", instead of a particular brand name, as though that brand has a monopoly on that basic ancient modification. Homemade is not what's wrong with the car, it's just a lame lazy put-down that makes it puzzling as to who the poster thinks is allowed to modify cars.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:49 PM   #15774
drfftn
Zilvia Member

drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
drfftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:23 PM   #15775
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Well it's obviously very poorly executed - I was simply pointing out how backwards it is to talk shit about things being "homemade", instead of a particular brand name, as though that brand has a monopoly on that basic ancient modification. Homemade is not what's wrong with the car, it's just a lame lazy put-down that makes it puzzling as to who the poster thinks is allowed to modify cars.
stop talking.
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:11 AM   #15776
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:

The irony of your user name...

Nobody on the forum is putting down anybody for trying to make custom stuff for their chassis....we're putting down the people who modify something, do a second inspection and don't go "Well thats a poor execution" and run it anyways.

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do something.

Also, in case you didn't get what I meant. You're a moron.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:29 PM   #15777
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
White Knight over here. Want to give the guy a participation trophy for doing a shit job because he tried? It's fucking jank, dude. Shut the fuck up.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #15778
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
The irony of your user name...

Nobody on the forum is putting down anybody for trying to make custom stuff for their chassis....we're putting down the people who modify something, do a second inspection and don't go "Well thats a poor execution" and run it anyways.

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do something.

Also, in case you didn't get what I meant. You're a moron.
People are not static. You can give them what it takes to improve, or you can drive them away, and cut your nose off to spite your face.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:33 PM   #15779
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin

jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #15780
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Alright... fess up. Who's this?[IMG]

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...399209379.html
damn that's sad. almost as sad as not knowing the difference between tubbed and tubed.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote