Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-09-2017, 11:30 PM   #1
no1ww

Trader Rating: (0)
no1ww is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Please help!

Hello everyone, I am new to these forums and will be on here for awhile I hope because I have researched and learned a lot of things until now and they all been helpful! But I am currently in a situation where it has been discussed a lot of times and on a ton of other engines etc. but none of their suggestions help me fix my problem.
So today was a sunny day I decided to wash my engine bay, I have a Nissan 240sx 1989 coupe with a 1JZ swap it's a non-vvti anyway I pressure washed then used purple power and then cleaned everything by hand and rinsed. Now I know that usually when you do this there might be water ending up in the air filter or by the sparkplugs/coil packs anyways my car starts idles perfectly fine so I go for a run to the gas station (for some milk) I put gas in the car yesterday so I'm taking a turn on one of the streets driving in 1st and I accelerate but at one point the car looses all power and my air/fuel gauge shows 24.9 in the red zone. Reeving up the engine a little bit brings it back to normal so I continue to drive normally. Now I can drive the car normally 1st, second, third, forth to fifth but the problem comes if I actually try to step on the gas it will build up all this power and dump it out. I have a small turbo it's a 30mm so pretty much before this my car will be very responsive in 1st, 2 and 3 where as in 4th and 5th as you would assume the turbo cannot handle it and it just dumps all the power out which I am fine with but now this happened. So I checked the spark plugs they were not wet at all but I decided to pull them out and change them with new ones because I am the 2nd owner of this 240 anyways they looked bad so I bought brand new ones NGK 6097s specifically for the 1jz as many people have used in the past and still do. My question is what is going on? I just can't see anything else going wrong and don't have a clue I will come back from work tomorrow and see if it has magically fixed (dried out) but I hardly doubt it's a wet part that went bad. Thanks in advance for all your suggestion and I will keep an eye out for your replies ( :
no1ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2017, 11:34 PM   #2
Alex_Zenki

Alex_Zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
I've seen weird behavior from getting foreign contaminants on the maf before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alex_Zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #3
no1ww

no1ww is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey just wanted to update everyone that I found out that on cylinder 6 my coil pack was bad so I'm waiting on the new one right now and will update you guys to let you know if the issue was resolved! ( :
no1ww is offline   Reply With Quote