Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-01-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
SR in the market for an sr

im getting ready to buy an sr and was wondering what reliable, customer freindly, resonably priced place was to buy one from....i know most of you on here are highly experienced w/ the motor so yall have to know something good...so help me out
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Rusker is on a distinguished road
heavy throttle..
Old 04-01-2005, 07:40 PM   #3
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
www.g-dimension.com

i got mine there, and it was in excellent shape and runs perfect
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:12 PM   #4
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
thanks...dousan how much did you pay and for what motor???
Old 04-01-2005, 08:20 PM   #5
eyustfu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
eyustfu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
everyone also seems to like phase2's motors/service
eyustfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:44 PM   #6
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i got a kouki s14 sr20det clip. came wigth EVERYTHINg just about meanign driveshaft, clusters, dash interior parts, hubs brakes tec etc etc
i dont remeber cost it was well over 6 to 8 months ago1.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:48 PM   #7
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

is there anyway at all possible to do the complete swap minus intercooler(using mine off my totaled evolution) for under 5g's?
Old 04-01-2005, 09:02 PM   #8
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
what do you mean by 'complete' swap?

i think the s13 redtop is $2500 + shipping from heavythrottle. iirc that should include everything you need to get it running. that leaves a decent bit for those extras you should be including with the swap.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:05 PM   #9
yellow_jacket
Leaky Injector

yellow_jacket is an unknown quantity at this point
It is easily possible to do a stock swap for under $5,000. Personally I did mine initially for $2,500. Used almost everything from the clip. Just had to buy a fuel pump.

Since you are in Alabama, I would drive over to cardinalperformance.com and pick upa front clip. JARCO is also a great company and would be another hour down the road and probably a few hundred dollars more expensive.
yellow_jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:06 PM   #10
\\300zxttfreak//

\\300zxttfreak// is an unknown quantity at this point
spenser are you wanting a clip or just motor?????? i remember that la extremes can get em and there was another place but i forgot what it was...sorry once i think of it i will tell you tho
Slide Stars
\\300zxttfreak// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:42 PM   #11
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

i really just want a motorset but a clip would be great....is jarco located in alabama?
Old 04-01-2005, 11:18 PM   #12
boosteds13
Zilvia Addict

boosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really nice
Jarco is in Georgia... www.jarcoinc.com

boosteds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 12:18 AM   #13
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

cool thanks...i just got a quote for the s14 motor, tranny and all the odds and ends need plus a full exhaust of my choice and intercooler pipes for 3600 installed at a local shop....is that a good deal?
Old 04-02-2005, 01:38 AM   #14
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
hmmm thats actually suspiciously cheap....
Old 04-02-2005, 08:39 PM   #15
slivia-junkie
Leaky Injector

slivia-junkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusker
heavy throttle..
i second that just got mine from them excelent
slivia-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 08:46 PM   #16
ScottMan
Zilvia Junkie

ScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ScottMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_jacket
Since you are in Alabama, I would drive over to cardinalperformance.com and pick upa front clip.
I second this. Chip has some incredible product and is a great guy to deal with. You really, REALLY don't want to skimp on your motor. I only trust a few shops to work on my car and none of them around here to do an SR swap except for Batlground in Atlanta. If the price is really good, the swap probably won't be.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:47 PM   #17
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx
hmmm thats actually suspiciously cheap....
i agree... better get some references for that shop.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:40 PM   #18
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

yeah, price is great, shop is about 3 months old and have already done 3 swaps in s14s alone, and have seen and driven 2 of them and they are flawless, plus the shop has a SPEC clutch sponsered s14 that is totally sick which they are putting in D1 as soon as they find a driver, and i worked w/ half of the staff there at Next Level Performance before it shut down...so i know my swap will be done with the utmost attention to detail...so i guess im good eh?