Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #391
cchondro
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
cchondro is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks great man !!!
cchondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #392
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Team Feint Heart's Coverage

Here is a really cool blog post from Team Feint Heart about Sonoma Series Round 1.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #393
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Check out this new program aimed at bringing the drift community together.

The Takeover

The takeover is a global drift club. Basically it's video game style achievements in real life drifting. Challenge your friends to battles, go to drift events, earn ranks and prizes. Really fun idea to bring everyone together.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #394
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Some awesome pictures from this past Wednesday night at Sonoma Raceway.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #395
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Are you back in action with a back-halved fuckin' racecar?!

Awesome!

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #396
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Are you back in action with a back-halved fuckin' racecar?!

Awesome!
Oh ya bro. Front half race car coming soonish.. and maybe a new color.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #397
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Nice to see it back together,yes plz new color
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #398
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Paint is coming after this season. I have a feeling I might bang into something else.

Did some new vinyl.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #399
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Doing some more shakedown today. Adjusted a bunch of shit and new clutch master. Fingers crossed the clutch works and I don't have to do a crazy clutch job between now and Sunday.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #400
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

ProAm ready! Let's do this!

Old 03-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #401
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Here is a comparison of angle between my car and my friend Sean Hoover's girlfriends car lol.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #402
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Also (insert shameless self promotion).... My BCL wing finally arrived. If you want to see pictures go head over to my Facebook page Matt Madrigali Racing and give it a like! Once I have 300 likes I'll post up some pics!

Old 03-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #403
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I got some seriously high powered hatch struts to hold up this wing! Go give my page a like! 17 more likes and I'll post up some pics!

Matt Madrigali Racing on Facebook
Old 03-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #404
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Car needs paint.... bad....

Old 03-24-2013, 02:18 AM   #405
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Car looks great bro.

I've been keeping up with this car for a long time now.

Glad you're having fun it. Keep it up.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #406
pigeon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
pigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Shit yes. Love the wing. Are you running a spacer up front and do you rub on the tension rod at lock?
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #407
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeon View Post
Shit yes. Love the wing. Are you running a spacer up front and do you rub on the tension rod at lock?
Thanks! I am running a 15mm spacer to make the wheels 17x9 0 offset. I rub on the sway bar because PBM lower control arms move the tc rods inboard quite a bit.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #408
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Yesterday could have gone better for Golden Gate Drift ProAm Round 1. Qualified 4th but got one hell of a bracket. Had to go up against a LS S14 right off the bad, went OMT and won but the clutch wasn't feeling so good. Top 8 went up against another V8 S chassis, went OMT again and was called a loss even though I felt I threw down a gangster follow run. I've got to get higher on the bank. Clutch is done, work on car starts next weekend.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #409
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Got any footage of your runs?
di-devol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #410
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
Got any footage of your runs?
I wasn't taking any footage. I decided to skip on it so I could focus on driving. Carbon Studios will be putting together a video from the event and I will post it up as soon as it is done.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #411
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Sorry you got knocked out duder, car looks great. Did you notice an increase in grip with the wing?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #412
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Sorry you got knocked out duder, car looks great. Did you notice an increase in grip with the wing?
No lol. I'm a ricer. Shit just looks gangster.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #413
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
I wasn't taking any footage. I decided to skip on it so I could focus on driving. Carbon Studios will be putting together a video from the event and I will post it up as soon as it is done.
Awesome! I meant any footage, I can understand you not wanting to lose focus.
di-devol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #414
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Cool wing! Car almost looks better with no rear bumper haha

Are you planning on staying sr ?
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #415
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
Cool wing! Car almost looks better with no rear bumper haha

Are you planning on staying sr ?
Definitely not. The plan was to stay SR for ProAm and go LS once I get into FD, but at this rate SR might not be enough for ProAm any more. There were no less than 9 Schassis LS cars out at ProAm, 2 on the podium including the winner.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #416
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
Definitely not. The plan was to stay SR for ProAm and go LS once I get into FD, but at this rate SR might not be enough for ProAm any more. There were no less than 9 Schassis LS cars out at ProAm, 2 on the podium including the winner.
I don't like your logic here, but I can't put into words what I don't like about it.

So 2 out of the top 3 had a LS motor, what did the other guy have? Surely it had to be an LS because there were 9 total LS powered cars there and only a LS can beat a LS.

While you are contemplating switching motors, don't forget who actually drives the car: you! Just because someone has a LS in their car, doesn't mean they aren't also a damn good driver. Maybe they could out drive you in your own car. (not trying to say you are a bad driver, just a scenario)

meh, I don't know how to end my rant. end/
Old 03-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #417
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
This car makes me want to play TWISTED METAL
Old 03-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #418
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
I don't like your logic here, but I can't put into words what I don't like about it.

So 2 out of the top 3 had a LS motor, what did the other guy have? Surely it had to be an LS because there were 9 total LS powered cars there and only a LS can beat a LS.

While you are contemplating switching motors, don't forget who actually drives the car: you! Just because someone has a LS in their car, doesn't mean they aren't also a damn good driver. Maybe they could out drive you in your own car. (not trying to say you are a bad driver, just a scenario)

meh, I don't know how to end my rant. end/
It's a set up issue and I feel I am at a disadvantage. Going through the bank I don't have quite the speed to get into third but I'm raping the limiter in 2nd. The v8 guys can just leave it in third and pulling onto the second bank they dust me. It's just frustrating and I know I need to just man up and drive harder. Nothing on the other drivers, I just want to maximize the tools I have at my disposal.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #419
cchondro
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
cchondro is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You need to way out your options though.
You don't need to go V8 you could easily keep up and or stomp them with a 1jz or a 2jz, call me biased but it's true. Don't get me wrong a roaring LS sweeping banks is awesome but I'm tired of everyone saying "I'm under powered, I need a V8"
and if we are specifically talking about FD look who won last year....
Speaking on what I know a full 2JZ swap, (motor, trans, harness, ecu can be had anywhere between 2-5000$) a LS is around 5000$ for the motor and trans.

Not trying to say your thoughts are wrong but just saying weigh your options first. I do agree though that a SR is very underpowered for ProAm
good luck bro
cchondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #420
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchondro View Post
a LS is around 5000$ for the motor alone.
LOL WHAT? Couldn't be more wrong.
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote