Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-05-2010, 01:52 AM   #151
Gorilla Unit 33
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Gorilla Unit 33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Well, Autopower NEVER would even be a considerable option for me. I've seen them. I think they are horrrible.
Im just wondering if your speaking of the 6pt or the 4pt by auto power? I havent seen a 6pt in person but i have seen pics like the one above and agree that id never rock one of those. Although i have seen Auto Powers 4pts in a friend of mines S13 coupe and Touge Factory's S13 coupe and have to say its pretty nice for a Roll bar.
Gorilla Unit 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #152
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
The 4 point (or any that stay behind the driver seem ok.

The full cages are a joke from what I've seen.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #153
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ok, so I bought a Cusco/Safety 21 6 point bolt-in cage for my s13 hatch with a sunroof. I have everything bolted in and it all lines up.

EXCEPT, I still have automatic seatbelts. The top cross bar that goes above the windshield will not fit in between the two side bars. Its over an inch too long. The side bars are pushing on the a-pillar trim so there is no room to spread them further apart.

My main question is, does anybody have a 6pt with the automatic seatbelts still functioning? Im not dying to keep them, but I would like to keep the a-pillar plastic trim attatched. What are my options? Please help!
Old 06-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #154
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
I think some of you are mistaking what "roll" means when some of these cages are being discussed.Its an anti roll cage; as in handling characteristics, not a type of crash.
Sorry, this was so retarded I had to quote it.

There is no physical way putting some bars inside your car will reduce body roll. In fact, if you want to get technical, the weight of the bars closer to the top of the car will slightly raise the center of gravity in the car, increasing roll. Or maybe, you mean "anti roll cage" as some kind of device that prevents the car from rolling over. In which case the idea is even more idiotic.

Chassis stiffness maybe, but not roll.
Perfect Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #155
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterps13 View Post
Ok, so I bought a Cusco/Safety 21 6 point bolt-in cage for my s13 hatch with a sunroof. I have everything bolted in and it all lines up.

EXCEPT, I still have automatic seatbelts. The top cross bar that goes above the windshield will not fit in between the two side bars. Its over an inch too long. The side bars are pushing on the a-pillar trim so there is no room to spread them further apart.

My main question is, does anybody have a 6pt with the automatic seatbelts still functioning? Im not dying to keep them, but I would like to keep the a-pillar plastic trim attatched. What are my options? Please help!
weird i never thought of that, i don't think the seat belt trac should interfer at all, when i put mine in i still had my a-pillar plastic and it didn't even touch it, although i didn't have the auto seat belts anymore but still, possibility u have the wrong halo bar?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #156
NeedCAforS13
Zilvia Addict

NeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to NeedCAforS13
Quote:

I thought it was fairly well known that the auto seat belts/trim don't fit with Cusco cages? Oh well.

http://www.freshalloy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54607
Old 07-09-2010, 03:57 AM   #157
shogun!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
shogun! is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here is mine. Test fitted it in the car (with sunroof) and it goes in well.
Pictures installed later on.

Bought from Apex Performance UK. FIA-approved

Old 07-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #158
phade
Leaky Injector

phade is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun! View Post
Here is mine. Test fitted it in the car (with sunroof) and it goes in well.
Pictures installed later on.

Bought from Apex Performance UK. FIA-approved

First.

Awesome pictures.

Second link to a place where I can purchase it in the states? Thanks
phade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #159
shogun!
Zilvia Junkie

shogun! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by phade View Post
First.

Awesome pictures.

Second link to a place where I can purchase it in the states? Thanks
Thanks mate.

I am sorry. I do not know where to get it or a similar design in the States. I would have helped you if I could. But, Apex Performance deliver over seas.

Apex Performance Parts welcome page

Drop them an email and ask about shipping etc.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:23 AM   #160
sk8junky

sk8junky is an unknown quantity at this point
does anyone have the demesions for the main hoop in an s14
sk8junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #161
slowvia
Zilvia Junkie

slowvia is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO a bolt in cage is alot like a 2 inch harness. Useless, and just for looks.
slowvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #162
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowvia View Post
IMO a bolt in cage is alot like a 2 inch harness. Useless, and just for looks.

Tell me about that time you flipped your car that had the bolt-in cage.
I want other people to hear the story.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #163
slowvia
Zilvia Junkie

slowvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Tell me about that time you flipped your car that had the bolt-in cage.
I want other people to hear the story.
See above

JK
But hey, its your car, do as you please. It still wont stop me from laughing.
slowvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #164
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze

Laugh it up! lol.

Cusco 6 point bolt in for hatch w/ sunroof. Includes optional add-on bar. Fitment is tight to the roof/headliner.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #165
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews

I got a Autopower 4pt ... tight fitment but totally looks dope..

FYI- cage its up for grabs as well... im upgrading to a 6 pt soon.
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #166
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowvia View Post
See above

JK
But hey, its your car, do as you please. It still wont stop me from laughing.
I don't have a car.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #167
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

I forgot to update this thread like a year ago. I finally got the damn thing in, after sitting on the center console and wedging both of my feet onto the dash bars and pushing as hard as I could outward with my legs. It would have been comical to watch, as I was by myself trying to do this.

I have had the cage in, along with the automatic seat belts, for over a year now with no issues at all. The belts work fine, the cage does not interfere with the tracks or seat belts what-so-ever. The cage was a freaking nightmare to get in, and I scratched the hell out of it, but its in there. I figured I should clear up the rumors and let ya'll know.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #168
sk8junky

sk8junky is an unknown quantity at this point
need help asap

hey guys, building a bolt it and need it done asap, but i dont want to fuk it up, so does any one have the dimensions for and s14 main hoop, as in length and angles
if someone does please post up,

thanks
sk8junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #169
AnDyStYLe

AnDyStYLe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel View Post
Just to let ppl know. The cusco cage shown in my previous post is from a Silvia S13 W/O Sunroof.

It fitted BOLT-ON in my hatchback 180sx, no modification required.

Here's a Safety21, I had this one before I get the silvia cusco cage.

Not much details of the Safety21 but it show that does fit well with all interior trim without major modification.
Bit of a bump in topic sorry guys

After doing some research, I realised that the 180sx Cusco cages have the same part number for sunroof and non sunroof. Pictures I've seen shows evidence that the 180sx hoops sit further back than the s13 ones, regardless of being a sunroof or non sunroof.

The s13 non sunroof hoop sits closer to the front. However, I'm not sure when it comes to s13 sunroof models.

Question for the OP... Does the s13 and 180sx Cusco hoops bolt into the floor in the exact same position? Seeing as though you have fitted both 180sx and s13 into an 180sx, did you need to drill extra holes in the floor?

I currently have an s13 non sunroof Cusco chromoly 5-point to bolt into my 180sx. However, I would have preferred it to sit further back like the proper 180sx model. Although, if it bolts in the same location I'll fit it up until I can track down a proper 180sx one.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Andy
AnDyStYLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #170
Silviasurfer

Silviasurfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys sry to spoil the thread iam looking for a s14 non sunroof cage....... if u know where i can find one or u got one for sale let me know thanks
Silviasurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:11 AM   #171
InsTanCeZ
Zilvia Addict

InsTanCeZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question... How the eff do you cut out the rear panel trim so awesomely?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:15 AM   #172
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsTanCeZ View Post
Question... How the eff do you cut out the rear panel trim so awesomely?
hole saw/dremel
Old 11-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #173
WhipsGoneWild.net
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
WhipsGoneWild.net is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

Laugh it up! lol.

Cusco 6 point bolt in for hatch w/ sunroof. Includes optional add-on bar. Fitment is tight to the roof/headliner.
anymore pics? Im looking to do bolt in (s13 hatch w/ sunroof) for now just dont feel like gutting interior and yes I do have passengers in back seats and no its not my dd
Old 11-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #174
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Check out Flikr.com/camryonbronze there are a few pics scattered around there.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #175
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Can anyone comment on auto power cages for s13, I would like to see a pic with a bucket seat installed, I concerned on the fitment of the door bar
Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #176
theabbott
Leaky Injector

theabbott is an unknown quantity at this point
im digging that cusco cage
theabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:16 AM   #177
dwnshft2drft
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
I know its an old thread, any one selling cusco or safety 21 roll cage for the S14?
dwnshft2drft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:08 PM   #178
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 07-03-2015, 11:39 PM   #179
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Totally forgot about this thread haha.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:14 PM   #180
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Bump it up !!!

Does anyone know if cusco changed their manufacturing process on their cages? I ask because I just bought an 8 pt from a guy who had it for a few years and the plates the cage is welded to are smaller than a 6 pt I just sold.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote