Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:05 AM   #1
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
hks ssqv bov question

so I recently purchased a hks ssqv bov, i had one years back probably 2011-2012. I've been having a pain trying to get the snap ring to sit flush in the flange groove. I heard something along the lines of the o-ring that sits between the flange and bov being a lot thicker than the older ones, can anyone confirm this? and is there a slightly smaller o-ring i can purchase somewhere that isn't too small that it leaks?
doridoridori is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #2
CrudeTech

Trader Rating: (0)
CrudeTech is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I spent about an hour trying the snap the C clip that came on my used SSQV. After an hour and a new pair of pliers for C clips, I decided to look at the clip that came in the HKS o-ring/clip kit that I had bought previously for the o-ring.

As it turns out, the HKS clip is slightly tapered to that the outside edge of the ring is thinner and easier to snap in. You have to press the valve down in the socket to squeeze the o-ring, the release the C-clip. The tapered edge will allow it to go in and keep the o-ring sealed.

To this day, I hate those snap rings with a passion.

The part # for the HKS kit is 71002-AK016
CrudeTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:05 AM   #3
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Buy snap ring pliers from harbor freight.... super easy
Old 05-13-2017, 03:51 PM   #4
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrudeTech View Post
I spent about an hour trying the snap the C clip that came on my used SSQV. After an hour and a new pair of pliers for C clips, I decided to look at the clip that came in the HKS o-ring/clip kit that I had bought previously for the o-ring.

As it turns out, the HKS clip is slightly tapered to that the outside edge of the ring is thinner and easier to snap in. You have to press the valve down in the socket to squeeze the o-ring, the release the C-clip. The tapered edge will allow it to go in and keep the o-ring sealed.

To this day, I hate those snap rings with a passion.

The part # for the HKS kit is 71002-AK016
interesting, yea it took me FOREVER but i will say the one you have the part number to looks like the same one that came in the box with my hks bov. I eventually got it in there but it was a PITA like a bigger pain than the first hks bov i insalled by myself in less than 5 minutes without an extra pair of hands. This one was a lot worse
doridoridori is offline   Reply With Quote