Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #661
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^^ Damn that is like the perfect race car.... whats the engine specs and suspension setup?

Love the bracing and roll cage... All done right!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #662
teamsprock
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
teamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I had Mazworx CNC the combustion chamber, and build the block. It has Tomei 270's with SLA's and HKS gears. Then a Full Race twin scroll 3076. It makes 461 hp and I rev it to 9K.

Suspension is all SPL arms, and Stance coilovers. If anyone is interested I'll post all my mods next week when I have my computer. I'd like to get some Koni's or Moton's but now that its about finished I am losing interest in it and wanting to sell it and start a new car.
teamsprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #663
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Why not go out and drive it? So many people on these forums spend so much time and money building track worthy cas and only do a few events. Go drive the damn thing, the more you track it the faster you get, the more you respect the mods and their capabilities. Its all fun when you push the limits of the car and actually get results from each change.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #664
teamsprock
Zilvia Addict

teamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the rough
I drive it a lot, and I love it. I've always been one who loves building the car and seeing it all work together. I enjoy driving it but I miss working on it all the time. Its probably better being close to the way I want it since I have two kids now and less time to tinker with it.

You get your wing on? I can't wait to see pictures.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #665
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Well what do you mean you drive it? Do you track it like every other month? I mean god I go to the track and there are always little tweaks to suspension setup and how to get better cooling?

On a 20 min stint, how do you keep your temps down? As WhiteGLX knows, more boost = more heat....
Old 05-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #666
teamsprock
Zilvia Addict

We only get two real track days a year, then the rest of the time its just SCCAing every weekend and a few drives up the pass.

I didn't mean to imply I don't have a lot I can still work on and tweak, I just enjoy the build part as much as the driving part, and when you live in Montana there is a lot more months in the year for working in the garage than there is driving. If all goes well I'll get farther south this year to more track days. Just a paid and expensive to go 10 hours minimum to get to any good tracks.

I haven't had any cooling problems yet, I have a pretty big Setrab oil cooler than made a huge differance.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #667
slider2828
Post Whore!

Oh man Montana, that is true.... Cold and wet a lot of the times of the year.....

Yeah I have a Setrab 619 as well... Keeps things cool.... Do you run it at 450+ hp on the track so full on?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #668
teamsprock
Zilvia Addict

I usually run it closer to 400 due to traction limitations. I have ran it hard at 460 with no problems but that was on a little cooler day. Around 85 degree air temps. The tracks I have been on however do not have a lot of WOT points for very long periods of time. I am usually closer to 60-70% throttle. This next track on the 29th has a lot of long 140+ mph straights. We'll see how it does, I am getting ready to install a couple vents before then too that will hopefully allow some of the heat to escape, I have been doing a lot of research on what section of the hood has the lowest outside pressure so the heat can evacuate as simple as possible. I may also add a NACA duct to help suck in some cool air as well if I end up needing that. I really don't want to have any vents but I think it will help out a lot especially SCCA on slower courses.

It gets pretty cold up here but not too much moisture. I was just in SF last week and it felt a lot cooler down there due to the moisture. We're always really dry up here.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #669
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Small update, unmotivated weekend, but this week is looking very promising.

Wont have my ECU back in time for this weekends event, wont have 02 sensors in time for the event, and even if i do get everything i wont have any testing time before hand, ****....oh well.

pics....

Headers before final welding...

Wing

Flares no wing

Old 05-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #670
slider2828
Post Whore!

Hey awesome!!!! What overfenders are those? I am looking for some....

God your car is exactly how I want my car to look... Nothing fancy, simple and effective.... AWESOME!!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #671
teamsprock
Zilvia Addict

Looks awesome, what size tires are you running? Any clearance issues when turning sharp on the firewall? I think I am going to raise my car up and put 265's up front but right now I have a slight rub on sharp turns with 245's.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #672
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsprock View Post
Looks awesome, what size tires are you running? Any clearance issues when turning sharp on the firewall? I think I am going to raise my car up and put 265's up front but right now I have a slight rub on sharp turns with 245's.

275/40R17 all around. And yes they rub, i have to modify my bump stops on the LCA's to they dont touch. I never turn the car enough on track to rub anywhere, so this modification wont hurt me, and it will prevent rubbing.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #673
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Hey awesome!!!! What overfenders are those? I am looking for some....

God your car is exactly how I want my car to look... Nothing fancy, simple and effective.... AWESOME!!!!

The fender flares are JUN flares, the fronts are modified, and trimmed for better fitment with my other body pieces. Wait till you see it all assembled in the open, goin to look super agressive.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #674
teamsprock
Zilvia Addict

Nice to know, I have been trying to decide what tires I am going to run and I think I also will run 275's all around. I am thinking about running some Hankook C91's but we'll see. Thanks for the response.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:23 AM   #675
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Wing looks good Casey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGLX View Post
Small update, unmotivated weekend, but this week is looking very promising.

Wont have my ECU back in time for this weekends event, wont have 02 sensors in time for the event, and even if i do get everything i wont have any testing time before hand, ****....oh well.

pics....

Headers before final welding...

Wing

Flares no wing

kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:41 AM   #676
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

completed pictures will really do the car justice...in about a week i think ill be ready for those.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:33 AM   #677
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognition View Post
Wing looks good Casey.
yeah dude, wing looks amazing. Nice job on the wings Kognition, i like your wing on the THMotorsports sti!
chiboy002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #678
slider2828
Post Whore!

Man those overfenders are soooooo expensive.... wow... I don't think I can afford something like that.... What are the specs on the rims? Any spacers? Cause I think it looks perfect as well....
Old 05-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #679
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Thanks for reminding me to check on those guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
yeah dude, wing looks amazing. Nice job on the wings Kognition, i like your wing on the THMotorsports sti!
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #680
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Man those overfenders are soooooo expensive.... wow... I don't think I can afford something like that.... What are the specs on the rims? Any spacers? Cause I think it looks perfect as well....
I didnt pay that price for them, i got them 5th hand never used. Others on the market are almost identical and cheaper, look into datsun 240z flares, same thing, not bubble flares.

Wheels are 17x9.5 +12 with 20mm spacers.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:05 PM   #681
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

New oil cooler lines done.
Starter solenoid relocation done.
Headers & exhaust installed.
Shifter bracket and shifter installed.
Wing bracket/ submount installed.
Hood clearance increased with larger spacers (ghetto but cheapest option).
Starter wires and alt charge wires installed
Wiring started and mapped out, far from complete.

Lots of progress, few engine things left before final pics can be shown, then itll look great and have just the wiring left.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #682
slider2828
Post Whore!

Damn wiring is so nice with the motor out or harness out.... man I am thinking about pulling my motor just for wiring and a clutch job to clean up stuff.... Its a LOT of work in a 240sx with all the fixings....
Old 05-22-2010, 08:39 AM   #683
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

the only wiring left is in the cabin, have to connect all the positives and grounds, signals to Stack display and such.....

Old 05-24-2010, 07:45 AM   #684
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

UPDATE!!!

just electrical work left, and a few engine dress up jobs in terms of zip-tyes and adel clamps to hold things still.

Starter fix....weird huh?

New oil cooler lines with fire sleeve sourced from old aircraft lines from work.

Bumper and splitter install for wheel clearance check, its very tight.

Engine assembled.....few touch-ups left for today.

Splitter setup, may need more bracing in the middle i will figure that out later if necessary.

Enjoy more full car updates this week once the electrical is all finished. Working on a tach signal fix with another swap guy as you read.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #685
confuzed240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
confuzed240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What a beautiful car. Let me know when you are done with it, I will take it off your hands!

Is that a custom splitter?
confuzed240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #686
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by confuzed240 View Post
What a beautiful car. Let me know when you are done with it, I will take it off your hands!

Is that a custom splitter?
i made the splitter.

Oddly enough, i will be looking into selling this car as a rolling race chassis completely stripped next year so i can move up to an S14. It will have all the body pieces on it still, minus the wing. no engine, suspension, or brakes tho.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #687
slider2828
Post Whore!

Where the heck did you get those metal rods and ends to up that splitter? I am TOTALLY looking for some....

AWWW... why move to S14? Better geometry? Stiffer chassis?

But your car is beautiful... wish I can get my car close to that.... What did you use for the splitter? I am thinking white wood from Home Depot as I don't have access or funds to really nice material....
Old 05-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #688
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Still needs electrical finished, but very very close to running.

Where it sleeps.....

So just a little electrical left, fluids, and fuel lines, then running.....

Old 05-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #689
slider2828
Post Whore!

OMG that is sick!!!!... THe look will scare the thieves away..... rawr!!!

Hey why s14? and Where did you get those rods for the splitter?
Old 05-25-2010, 04:20 AM   #690
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

S14 because its a newer less damaged chassis with more space to fit everything, tires, driver, engine, etc..

rods are SS threaded rod from McMaster Carr with the cheapest AL rod ends they odder as well. All with 1/4-28 thread.