Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #541
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
racepar1 post up the video i wanna see it
Old 03-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #542
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiggler666 View Post
racepar1 post up the video i wanna see it
I need a video editing program, preferrably free, as the video is too long.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:48 PM   #543
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
ALL DONE!!!!!!

Rear windows all done...

Interior completed, just need to cut off the extra rear view mirror support.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #544
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Ok, the headlights NEED to go. At least make lexan covers for them. I love it though. I see at LEAST 3 different paint colors on the underhood shot. Now THAT is a proper track car! LOL!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #545
Maximamike
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Maximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cage + interior look great.
Maximamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #546
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Ok, the headlights NEED to go. At least make lexan covers for them. I love it though. I see at LEAST 3 different paint colors on the underhood shot. Now THAT is a proper track car! LOL!

headlights will be going since i cant get an inspection slip, no need for them meow. Old covers are going back on, actually talked about doing it today had it not been raining.

Hood is red since i got it after my hood cam up on me last year at an event, and the black/gray is exterior black vs old gray engine bay...

Old 03-16-2009, 05:43 AM   #547
driftstyre
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
driftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftstyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGLX View Post
headlights will be going since i cant get an inspection slip, no need for them meow. Old covers are going back on, actually talked about doing it today had it not been raining.

Hood is red since i got it after my hood cam up on me last year at an event, and the black/gray is exterior black vs old gray engine bay...
You should keep the lights incase you do 25 hrs of thunderhill Car is looking good, ideal for some hillclimbs up here.
driftstyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:14 AM   #548
xs240
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
xs240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I LOVE your interior it's amazing...

By the way which lights are these, are these the eastbear ones? They don't look like the crappy sticking out ebay ones:

They look awesome + weight savings hehe, actually they look like a retarded panda bear, but lol... i still like them.
xs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #549
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

I will not be selling the lights, nor removing the wiring, just pulling the assemblies out and installing my hallow gutted flip-up covers. No night racing most likely, no one else can fit into my car im too tall and have the seat mounted specially for me, a towering 6'4" @ 220lb monstrosity.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #550
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
I will not be selling the lights, nor removing the wiring, just pulling the assemblies out and installing my hallow gutted flip-up covers. No night racing most likely, no one else can fit into my car im too tall and have the seat mounted specially for me, a towering 6'4" @ 220lb monstrosity.
LOL! So what happens if a student wants you to drive their miata for a session? One knee out each window? LOL!
Old 03-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #551
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
I need a video editing program, preferrably free, as the video is too long.
virtualdub baby.... awesome and free!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #552
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
LOL! So what happens if a student wants you to drive their miata for a session? One knee out each window? LOL!
i dont drive students cars, i make it a habit to only put my self in charge of what is mine. Same with letting people driving my car...only very close friends who i know are in lots of control.

I only get into students cars if i fit as well, if my knees hit the dash, or my head hits the roof, i dont instruct them, its not safe and i cant sit uncomfortable for 20-30 sessions....F that.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #553
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
i dont drive students cars, i make it a habit to only put my self in charge of what is mine. Same with letting people driving my car...only very close friends who i know are in lots of control.

I only get into students cars if i fit as well, if my knees hit the dash, or my head hits the roof, i dont instruct them, its not safe and i cant sit uncomfortable for 20-30 sessions....F that.

LOL!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:52 AM   #554
insanemaniac

Trader Rating: (0)
insanemaniac has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was wondering if you guys have issues with turbo manifold heating up BMC I have a turbo manifold where all the piping snake up and then down to the turbo putting the hot pipes about 3-5 inches away from the BMC and the lines. I've seen a few posters experiment with heat shields (bought/made) What do you guys think?

Running s15 SR20 1.4 bar GT2871...
insanemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:51 AM   #555
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanemaniac View Post
I was wondering if you guys have issues with turbo manifold heating up BMC I have a turbo manifold where all the piping snake up and then down to the turbo putting the hot pipes about 3-5 inches away from the BMC and the lines. I've seen a few posters experiment with heat shields (bought/made) What do you guys think?

Well I am running a stock kade and I have melted 2 of the the clips that hold the front brake lines to the chasis. I am planning to buy or make a heatshield (megan makes a bolt-in one) and I am going to put a naca duct in the hood that blows right on the master. I also run 3" brake ducts that blow right through the center of the rotor. I need to finish my "version 2" brake ducts before the redline time attack next weekend.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:38 AM   #556
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanemaniac View Post

wrap your manifold. will drastically reduce under hood temps.

DEI thermal wrap and DEI thermal silocone spray to coat it.
they also make stainless steel locking tabs.

i never post in here, but i have a quesiton.

i have no desire to go front mount, and i was wondering if i create some ducting for my stock sidemount IC.

because right now i have that stock plastic "shroud" that comes wiht stock SR20 sidemounts, but betewen that and the bumper there is space where air can escape and not go through the fins of my IC and i think it'd be better to just not alow that to happen and force all the air to the IC with a scoop/ducting.

does anyone know if create ducting to basiaclly trap all the air from the front bumper vent directly to the IC if it will make any real difference?
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #557
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark View Post
wrap your manifold. will drastically reduce under hood temps.

DEI thermal wrap and DEI thermal silocone spray to coat it.
they also make stainless steel locking tabs.

i never post in here, but i have a quesiton.

i have no desire to go front mount, and i was wondering if i create some ducting for my stock sidemount IC.

because right now i have that stock plastic "shroud" that comes wiht stock SR20 sidemounts, but betewen that and the bumper there is space where air can escape and not go through the fins of my IC and i think it'd be better to just not alow that to happen and force all the air to the IC with a scoop/ducting.

does anyone know if create ducting to basiaclly trap all the air from the front bumper vent directly to the IC if it will make any real difference?
Since you already pretty much have a duct I doubt it will make any discernable difference. You need a bigger intercooler. If I was going to go SR I would have a front mount, but move the radiator back and mount it where the a/c condenser normally goes. That way you can't see it and you don't bang it on stuff.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #558
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Since you already pretty much have a duct I doubt it will make any discernable difference. You need a bigger intercooler. If I was going to go SR I would have a front mount, but move the radiator back and mount it where the a/c condenser normally goes. That way you can't see it and you don't bang it on stuff.
like this......

Old 03-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #559
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Lol.... Mounting a thicker Radiator to where the condenser is, but I don't think you can use a clutch fan any more....

I use a heatshield from an F18, no problems here....

Heat wrap or make a divider between your manifold and bmc... NO problems here.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #560
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
like this......

Pretty much, but I wouldn't need that big of an intercooler so I could mount it even farther back. The best turbo that I would possibly have is the s-15 spec-r turbo. You don't need a huge ass intercooler like that on the boost and power levels that that turbo would run.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #561
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

they are saying to mount the IC where the AC condenser used to be. Rad stays in the same location, that way clutch fan and shroud still fit.

like this....

Old 03-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #562
slider2828
Post Whore!

O mount the IC where it used to be.... So that is called mid mount correct? Basically inside or in betwen the radiator support. Wasn't there a thread on this saying its no good cause it is too close to the radiator and the heat exchange is not so good?
Old 03-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #563
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
i was actually putting some thought into that as well, plus it would be nice short piping PLUS i wouldn't have to lose my front bumper.

i kinda like that mid mount setup. plus the piping shouldn't be too hard for someone like me who really doesn't fab.

but thanks racepar, that's really what i was looking for. is it worth me making ducting? i was thinking htat maybe it would drastically drop my core temperatures. but F it, i need a bigger IC.
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #564
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
they are saying to mount the IC where the AC condenser used to be. Rad stays in the same location, that way clutch fan and shroud still fit.

like this....
I would just run e-fans and move the radiator about 6" back. Then the intercooler could be mounted inside the rad support and it won't be too close to the radiator. Of course I would build some ducting too.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #565
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

i dont like e-fans...never have.......and putting the rad so far back and the IC to far in seems kind of pointless unless you are just trying to hide things. I like having them out front yet still protected by lower rad support. Having less electrical things is a plus from my point of view, so i use the factory fan and shroud, works wonders on hot track days here on the east coast.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #566
MandTPhotography
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
MandTPhotography is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ahhh so this is where the non-cali elitist wheel fitment whore JDM fanboy asshats are...

Thank God.

I thought Zilvia was done for.
MandTPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #567
slider2828
Post Whore!

There was a whole thread discussing about mid mounts, the reduction in intercooler piping is minial to performance...

Yup I still with clutch fan with shroud too...
Old 03-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #568
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandTPhotography View Post
Ahhh so this is where the non-cali elitist wheel fitment whore JDM fanboy asshats are...

Thank God.

I thought Zilvia was done for.

????????? Is that sarcasm or just a general statement that could have stayed off this, so far, informative thread that is completely unrelated to the usual s-chassis scene.

otherwise...UPDATE!!!!

First event of the year is this weekend at VIR with NASA. I am hoping to have good students that are eager to learn and go fast, they are the most fun to ride with. I am also doing a kart enduro at night with a bunch of other instructors, holpefully i can get some goo dphotos and or-video from that as well .

Old 03-19-2009, 12:27 AM   #569
Rexbo
Leaky Injector

Rexbo is making a name for him/her selfRexbo is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to Rexbo Send a message via MSN to Rexbo
Quote:
I also run 3" brake ducts that blow right through the center of the rotor. I need to finish my "version 2" brake ducts before the redline time attack next weekend.
I'll be there with Mike @ Kogniton on Sunday, I'll tell him to bring some goodies I think you'll like in the magical ways of brake cooling

Also... on the FMIC topic, ruthless self-promotion is getting the best of me:

k no more of that
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #570
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

decent lap from my last session in HPDE4 this past weekend at VIR

240sx on VIR Full on Vimeo