Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:59 AM   #31
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
cool french ww1 rifle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQan6gn37A4
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2016, 06:37 PM   #32
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known

this pic is so badass
Old 01-22-2016, 10:17 AM   #33
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I like this thread...

Turns on TV
Tunes to the history channel
Ancient aliens...
Ancient aliens guy
Turns TV off

LOL

I love them WWII motorcycles

Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:16 AM   #34
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
I like this thread...

Turns on TV
Tunes to the history channel
Ancient aliens...
Ancient aliens guy
Turns TV off
IKR?

Not to mention this bullshit.

Ugh, last week I was at a hotel while I was going to my interviews,
turned to history channel and it was literally a show about them rowing a boat in an underground cave acting like the cave was the "gate to Hades"
"there are many mentions of Hell in a variety of religions" " but is there an actual gate to hell underneath the ground?"

Old 01-23-2016, 02:05 AM   #35
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Your tipping the boat here lol

Next thing you know this thread is going to go south into a religious debate

History and conspiracies go together like peanut butter and jelly

Example:
Late Night Crew #1
Old 01-31-2016, 05:41 PM   #36
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Alexander the Great's reply to king Darius

When alexander the great was conquering the east with the might of Western Civilization, King darius of Persia sent him a letter offering concessions.

"While Alexander was still at Marathus there came to him envoys from Darius with a letter from him and a request they conveyed verbally to release Darius' mother, wife and children. The letter's contents were to the effect that there had been friendship and alliance [1] between Philip and Artaxerxes [III], but when Artaxerxes' son Arses [2] came to the throne, Philip was the initial aggressor against Arses, though he had suffered no harm from the Persians. Since Darius' own accession Alexander had not sent any envoy to confirm the old friendship and alliance, but crossed with an army to Asia and did the Persians much harm. This was why Darius had come down [from Persia to Issus] to defend his country and preserve his ancestral rule. The battle had been decided as some god willed, but he, as one king to another, was asking for his captive wife, mother and children, and was prepared to make a treaty of friendship with Alexander and to be his ally. He requested Alexander to send envoys to accompany the Persian emissaries Meniscus and Arsimas and to exchange mutual assurances.

Alexander drafted a reply to this letter and sent Thersippus to accompany the envoys from Darius, with instructions to hand over the letter to Darius but not to engage in any negotiations. Alexander's letter read as follows: 'Your ancestors invaded Macedonia [3] and the rest of Greece [4] and did us harm although we had not done you any previous injury. I have been appointed commander-in-chief of the Greeks and it is with the aim of punishing the Persians that I have crossed into Asia, since you are the aggressors. You gave support to the people of Perinthus, who had done my father harm, and Ochus [5] sent a force to Thrace, which was under our rule. My father died at the hand of conspirators instigated by you [6], as you yourself boasted to everybody in your letters, you killed Arses [2] with the help of Bagoas [7] and gained your throne through unjust means, in defiance of Persian custom and doing wrong to the Persians. You sent unfriendly letters to the Greeks about me, to push them to war against me, and sent money to the Spartans and some other Greeks, which none of the other cities would accept apart from the Spartans. Your envoys corrupted my friends and sought to destroy the peace which I established among the Greeks [8].

I therefore led an expedition against you, and you started the quarrel. But now I have defeated in battle first your generals and satraps, and now you in person and your army, and by the grace of the gods I control the country. All those who fought on your side and did not die in battle but came over to me, I hold myself responsible for them; they are not on my side under duress but are taking part in the expedition of their own free will. Approach me therefore as the lord of all Asia. If you are afraid of suffering harm at my hands by coming in person, send some of your friends to receive proper assurances. Come to me to ask and receive your mother, your wife, your children and anything else you wish. Whatever you can persuade me to give shall be yours.

In future whenever you communicate with me, send to me as king of Asia; do not write to me as an equal, but state your demands to the master of all your possessions. If not, I shall deal with you as a wrongdoer. If you wish to lay claim to the title of king, then stand your ground and fight for it; do not take to flight, as I shall pursue you wherever you may be.'"

Later after the battle of Guagmela I think it was, king darius offered his own alliance, all the Land west of the euraphrates, and his daughter's hand in marriage, Alexanders reply was That already was going to have all land on both of the euraphrates, and that as for Darius' daughter, she was a captive of Alexander, and he would do with her as he wished!

Basically he was like "I already got that shit bruh, and I do what I want"

Like a boss man
Old 01-31-2016, 06:07 PM   #37
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

also when you are looking up quotes, and you begin to type in JU ( for julius ceasar quotes) Justin Bieber quotes comes up first! what kind of shitty era is this
Old 02-01-2016, 05:52 AM   #38
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
also when you are looking up quotes, and you begin to type in JU ( for julius ceasar quotes) Justin Bieber quotes comes up first! what kind of shitty era is this
Late Night Crew #1
Old 02-14-2016, 11:43 AM   #39
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/mil...vy-tank.html/2

these tanks are cool
Old 03-20-2016, 07:59 PM   #40
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Fransisco Pizarro conquering the entire inca emprire with only 350 guys.
If any of you have been to central and south america back in the deep jungles and shit, you can imagine how badass these guys were for just yolo swagging their way through unknown jungles full of savages.

for the short version, they find and capture the inca king,whom they know nothing about, make his subjects fill a room with gold as ransom, and then kill the king anyway. they then fight of an army of 60,000 natives with their 350 guys, and conquer the capital.
then the 2 main explorers almagro and pizarro argue over who gets to keep all the wealth and pizarro kills almagro

Western civilization man, like a boss

long version

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Pizarro

In 1531, Pizarro once again landed in the coasts near Ecuador, the province of Coaque and the region of esmeraldas, where some gold, silver, and emeralds were procured and then dispatched to Almagro, who had stayed in Panama to gather more recruits.[4]:139–140 Sebastián de Belalcázar soon arrived with 30 men.[4]:141 Though Pizarro's main objective was then to set sail and dock at Tumbes like his previous expedition, he was forced to confront the Punian natives in the Battle of Puná, leaving three or four Spaniards dead and many wounded. Soon after, Hernando de Soto, another conquistador who had joined the expedition, arrived with 100 volunteers and horses to aid Pizarro and with him sailed towards Tumbes,[4]:143 only to find the place deserted and destroyed. Their two fellow conquistadors expected they had disappeared or died under murky circumstances. The chiefs explained the fierce tribes of Punians had earlier attacked them and ransacked the place.[4]:152–153

As Tumbes no longer afforded the safe accommodations Pizarro sought, he decided to lead an excursion into the interior of the land in May 1532, and established the first Spanish settlement in Peru, San Miguel de Piura, and a repartimiento.[4]:153–154 An earlier settlement than this in South America was Santa Marta, Colombia, established in 1526, but this was the first in Peru.

Leaving 50 men back at the settlement under the command of Antonio Navarro, Pizarro proceeded with his conquest accompanied by 200 men on 24 Sept. 1532.[4]:155–156 After arriving at Zaran, Hernando de Soto was dispatched to a Peruvian garrison at Caxas. After a week, he returned with an envoy from the Inca himself, with some presents, and an invitation to visit the Inca ruler's camp.[4]:156–158

Following the defeat of his brother, Huáscar, Atahualpa had been resting in the Sierra of northern Peru, near Cajamarca, in the nearby thermal baths known today as the Inca Baths. Arriving Cajamarca on 15 Nov. 1532, Pizarro had a force of just 110 foot soldiers, 67 cavalry, three arquebuses, and two falconets. He sent Hernando Pizarro and Hernando de Soto to meet with Atahualpa in his camp. Atahuallpa agreed to meet Pizarro in his Cajamarca plaza fortress the next day. Fray Vincente de Valverde and native interpreter Felipillo approached Atahualpa in Cajamarca's central plaza. After the Dominican friar expounded the "true faith" and the need to pay tribute to the Emperor Charles the Fifth, Atahualpa replied, "I will be no man's tributary." His complacency, because fewer than 200 Spanish remained, as opposed to his 50,000-man army, of which 6000 accompanied him to Cajamarca, sealed his fate and that of the Inca empire.[4]:157,161,166–177

Atahualpa's refusal led Pizarro and his force to attack the Inca army in what became the Battle of Cajamarca on 16 November 1532. The Spanish were successful and Pizarro executed Atahualpa's 12-man honor guard and took the Inca captive at the so-called Ransom Room. By February 1533, Almagro had joined Pizarro in Cajamarca with an additional 150 men with 50 horses.[4]:186–194

Despite fulfilling his promise of filling one room (22 by 17 feet or 7 by 5 metres)[9] with gold and two with silver, Atahualpa was convicted of 12 charges, including killing his brother, and plotting against Pizarro and his forces. He was executed by garrote on 29 August 1533. Francisco Pizarro and de Soto were opposed to Atahualpa's execution, but Francisco consented to the trial due to the "great agitation among the soldiers", particularly by Almagro. De Soto was on a reconnaissance mission the day of the trial and execution, and upon his return expressed his dismay, stating, "he should have been taken to Castile and judged by the emperor."[4]:202–204,206[10] King Charles later wrote to Pizarro: "We have been displeased by the death of Atahualpa, since he was a monarch, and particularly as it was done in the name of justice."

Pizarro advanced with his army of 500 Spaniards toward Cuzco, accompanied by Chalcuchimac before he was burned at the stake. Manco Inca Yupanqui joined Pizarro after the death of Túpac Huallpa.[4]:191,210,216

During the exploration of Cuzco, Pizarro was impressed and through his officers wrote back to King Charles I of Spain, saying:

"This city is the greatest and the finest ever seen in this country or anywhere in the Indies... We can assure your Majesty that it is so beautiful and has such fine buildings that it would be remarkable even in Spain."

The Spanish sealed the conquest of Peru by entering Cuzco on 15 November 1533.[4]:216 Jauja in the fertile Mantaro Valley was established as Peru's provisional capital in April 1534,[6]:286 but it was too far up in the mountains and far from the sea to serve as the Spanish capital of Peru. Pizarro thus founded the city of Lima in Peru's central coast on 6 January 1535, which he considered as one of the most important things he had created in life.[4]:227–229

After the final effort of the Inca to recover Cuzco had been defeated by Almagro, a dispute occurred between Pizarro and him respecting the limits of their jurisdiction; both claimed the city of Cuzco. The king of Spain had awarded the Governorate of New Toledo to Almagro and the Governorate of New Castile to Pizarro. The dispute had originated from a disagreement on how to interpret the limit between both governorates.[4]:254–256

This led to confrontations between the Pizarro brothers and Almagro, who was eventually defeated during the Battle of Las Salinas (1538) and executed. Almagro's son, also named Diego and known as El Mozo, was later stripped of his lands and left bankrupt by Pizarro.

Atahualpa's wife, 10-year-old Cuxirimay Ocllo Yupanqui, was with Atahualpa's army in Cajamarca and had stayed with him while he was imprisoned. Following his execution, she was taken to Cuzco and given the name Dona Angelina. By 1538, it was known she was Pizarro's mistress, having borne him two sons, Juan and Francisco.[11]
Old 04-26-2016, 11:10 AM   #41
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/wor...buildings.html

Eagle's Nest is still around, they use it as a restaurant apparently
Old 05-24-2016, 06:40 PM   #42
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGKdcNCYW8g

Okinawa is Freaking brutal man. Just finished reading this book by this Sledge guy, it was real good. Marines are totally badass

I had this better video that was declassified marine footage, that was brutal and realistic and shit, but apparently it is no longer available for my country on youtube.

Strange that I can't watch US marine footage in the US...........

Any way it was a good book.

I also read this book about Shanghai in 1937, called "stalingrad on the yangzhe" or some such thing. It was a pretty good china theater book too. My only problem with it was that the author immediately took sides with the Chinese instead of being unbiased ( especially considering that it was the Chinese that broke truce and started the offensive). Anyway the book was alright, it was funny because throughout the book the author talks about how well the Chinese were doing and all this pro-Chinese stuff and in the end it lists the casualties and its like 300k chinese losses and like 39k japanese.
ya I guess the chinese were doing real good militarily......stupid author.

I also read a great book called Iron Kingdom, about the history of Prussia, which I would also recommend
Old 05-24-2016, 11:15 PM   #43
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My history piece is the B-52. I may have been in the Navy but these things are amazing. Designed to carry nukes they helped us with MAD. Though unlike the B-70, once ICBMs became a thing these did not just go away, they transitioned rolls to a conventional bomber. They are expected to have a 100 year service life, and to think the B-2 is already getting replaced and isn't even 20yo.

As for family history, my grandpa trained for the invasion of Japan, the US dropping those bombs likely saved more lives then they took as the losses were projected to be so high they didn't bother to train how to get back out of Japan. Then his son, my uncle, married a German girl who was the daughter of a low rank nazi officer. When my grandpa asked him why he fought for Hitler he responded with "why did you fight for FDR, because you were patriotic, and you were shown all these horrible things we did." The same thing happened to us, you were responsible for many war crimes. As for me, I was part of the crew that attempted to rescue the second ship taken hostage by pirates in over 100 years. Both ships happened to be in Dejbuti at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:21 PM   #44
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
My history piece is the B-52. I may have been in the Navy but these things are amazing. Designed to carry nukes they helped us with MAD. Though unlike the B-70, once ICBMs became a thing these did not just go away, they transitioned rolls to a conventional bomber. They are expected to have a 100 year service life, and to think the B-2 is already getting replaced and isn't even 20yo.

As for family history, my grandpa trained for the invasion of Japan, the US dropping those bombs likely saved more lives then they took as the losses were projected to be so high they didn't bother to train how to get back out of Japan. Then his son, my uncle, married a German girl who was the daughter of a low rank nazi officer. When my grandpa asked him why he fought for Hitler he responded with "why did you fight for FDR, because you were patriotic, and you were shown all these horrible things we did." The same thing happened to us, you were responsible for many war crimes. As for me, I was part of the crew that attempted to rescue the second ship taken hostage by pirates in over 100 years. Both ships happened to be in Dejbuti at the same time.
Thats a kickass family history dude, I've only seen B2's flying around, I would like to see a B52 at least once. especially during takeoff when they dump water or whatever into the jet engines for more power and it makes those cool steam trails.

My WW2 family history is really just dutch people under occupation. No real military stuffs. My grandparents did hide jews and shit, and my great opa on my other side smuggled weapons for resistance people. My grandfather also was in the Dutch-Indonesian war that happened after WW2, but I think he was just a mechanic. One grandfather was a US MP, and had to go round up deserters, draft dodgers, and black-market stuff in the US

Dutch resistance people kinda sound like douche-bags though. I've read this one story about how during winter one year, resistance members skated across this river at night, knocked on the Nazi governors door, and shot him right in the face when he answered, then they skated away.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:58 PM   #45
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The trails you see are because they are dumping so much fuel into the engines they don't quite burn it all. They used to have water injection which was even smokier though the newer engines don't need that like they did in the 50s. When we would light off the gas turbine engines on my ship they would puff so much white smoke, per the engineers all four engines lighting off would use about 55 gallons of fuel together in about 5 seconds.

You won't see our names in any history books, but these family histories are almost as important. They pass on things that the big history books forget, or overlook. Generation memories are an interesting subject, inter-generational adds to that. What your grandparents did was important as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:02 PM   #46
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Ah, didnt know they stopped using the water injection. Thats cool that you are up to date on that stuff, and know about it.

Also yes, i would agree that family history stuff is important, because it also adds a personal element as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2016, 04:09 PM   #47
Splintercellsz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Splintercellsz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGKdcNCYW8g

Okinawa is Freaking brutal man. Just finished reading this book by this Sledge guy, it was real good. Marines are totally badass

I had this better video that was declassified marine footage, that was brutal and realistic and shit, but apparently it is no longer available for my country on youtube.

Strange that I can't watch US marine footage in the US...........

Any way it was a good book.

I also read this book about Shanghai in 1937, called "stalingrad on the yangzhe" or some such thing. It was a pretty good china theater book too. My only problem with it was that the author immediately took sides with the Chinese instead of being unbiased ( especially considering that it was the Chinese that broke truce and started the offensive). Anyway the book was alright, it was funny because throughout the book the author talks about how well the Chinese were doing and all this pro-Chinese stuff and in the end it lists the casualties and its like 300k chinese losses and like 39k japanese.
ya I guess the chinese were doing real good militarily......stupid author.

I also read a great book called Iron Kingdom, about the history of Prussia, which I would also recommend
Look into the TV series called "The Pacific". It's about that book. Great series, I throughly enjoyed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Splintercellsz is offline   Reply With Quote