Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
BiGMerK215

Trader Rating: (0)
BiGMerK215 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
93 s13 Hatch no start, Bad ECU?

ok so I finally got back to putting my 240 back together after rebuilding the head, installing new clutch, steering, etc. freshened almost everything under the hood in a 6 month period.

car is fully reassembled correctly. First I had simple no crank no start issue. Checked fuses all good, jumped starter solenoid and still only got a click out of it. So i pulled starter it passed good on the bench test so I reinstalled and pulled the plugs so the motor would spin more freely. I now cranks as it should with the key but still struggling to start.

NOTE: Digital indash Clock is flashing and ACC relay (I believe) is continuously clicking. seems almost like a short or bad ground somewhere but ive added grounds in attempt to rule this out. something is definetly irregular here.

I remember I had the car outside for a wile with a cover on it but it blew off in the rain. Car is stripped down for paint (sunroof not installed). Thats why im considering the ecu replacement because nothing else seems to help.

I know mechanical timing is spot on and ignition timing should be near perfect.
Any advice on pin pointing my issue would be greatly appreciated. I hate to just throw parts at the car without knowing for sure.

Thanks!
BiGMerK215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links