Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #361
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Omg get out of this thread.. if you have nothing to contribute to the thread then get out and go make your own thread. And before you make your own thread of what coilovers are best or what should I buy? Go use the search button, or google. Your not the first person to try and modify his 240sx, there are plenty of threads, forums etc that cover are your noob questions. You will not be spoon fed here.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #362
Frankz91
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Frankz91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I will post wat ever I want thank you very much Miss
Frankz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:18 PM   #363
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
^^ Haha with that attitude little kid, I doubt it. Your ignorance, foolishness will catch up with you. Btw read the rules for the forum before you get pinked or even worst banned etc. If you expect people to help you dont get such an attitude, there's no need for it.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #364
Frankz91
Zilvia Addict

Mmmmmmmmhhhhmmmm.ok
Old 05-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #365
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Alrightttt... Back on topic,

Bought a set of Fortune 500's a while back for my track coupe build, and just bought a set of 500's for my daily S14 Wednesday night.

I have to say Fortune Auto's customer service (Terry) is second to none. He has great explanations on anything suspension related you could ask. Shipping is super quick also... Virginia to Florida both times took two buisness days.

Couldnt ask for a better company to be supported by.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:44 PM   #366
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
You can get custom spring rates when you order your fortunes, the only problem is softer springs will allow more body movement, and you will rub and scrape more if you are going for the SLAMMED LOOK ON WEEKENDS.

Honestly fortunes with the default 7k/6k springs aren't as bad as some of the coilover setups I've ridden on.

Might get annoying if you live somewhere with a crapton a potholes though, I hate going to dc sometimes.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #367
Frankz91
Zilvia Addict

Alright ko
So you would recommended Fortune 500 as a DD for non drifters
Old 05-31-2012, 11:36 PM   #368
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Look it up your self cause it's covered in these threads... Quit being lazy.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:37 PM   #369
Frankz91
Zilvia Addict

Did I ask you no okay Thank You
Old 05-31-2012, 11:53 PM   #370
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
are you really a drifter?
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:54 PM   #371
Frankz91
Zilvia Addict

No drifting period just Cruzing
Old 06-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #372
chwks13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
chwks13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lol, kids these days. Grow the fuck up man. These people have told you a million times what to do. Search search search SEARCH.

Or just go on eBay and type in "Godspeed 240sx". Those are cheap as hell and will work just fine for the SLAMMED LOOK ON WEEKENDS
chwks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #373
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankz91 View Post
Alright ko
So you would recommended Fortune 500 as a DD for non drifters
Yes. Go buy them...like NOW!

Go buy them from ImportImageRacing | Discount Performance Parts | Subaru, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Mazda Import Image Racing because they are awesome. Then take it to a shop like GR Performance or Garage Life and pay them to install because it's super duper difficult to do.

No questions ask because they da best on EVERYTHING YOU WANT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #374
amolao
Zilvia Member

amolao is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you currently or planning to sell just the strut insert for extra convenience of "rebuilding" the coil overs at home without the extra turn around time of the typical overhaul job you provide..??

How much is the swift upgrade (are the helpers springs included?) for s13 1989 510's....?

Thanks

http://home.sw.rr.com/longstorenissan ***UPDATED 13 AUG 05 ***

Last edited by amolao; 07-20-2012 at 04:02 PM..
amolao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #375
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
There is no "strut insert". They're monotube, but I think you can buy them individually.

The springs are $150 a pair I think. Also there's no real point in swift helper springs. They are compressed all the way when the car is on the ground anyway.
Perfect Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #376
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-of-E View Post
pay them to install because it's super duper difficult to do.
Maybe if you have no arms....
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #377
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I cut the springs on my fortune's, I felt bad
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #378
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I cut the springs on my fortune's, I felt bad
To cheap to buy swifts? I know that was a dumb question... You covered your fender in duct tape instads of painting it.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #379
chuki.s13.coupe.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
chuki.s13.coupe. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Are you just trolling Sylas?
chuki.s13.coupe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #380
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hope this is the right place to ask. I recently bought a set of brand new FA500s for my coupe, and I'm having an issue with one of them. The front passenger side is clunking on rebound(?) I believe. When going over bumps in the road/potholes/etc. When the wheel comes up in travel, compressing the coil, it's a strange bump/clunking sound. Also, on the same side I'm hearing a binding noise when turning the wheel stationary. I pulled the wheel and knuckle off to inspect it and the tophat will barely rotate at all which is causing the actual insert to turn instead of the tophat. I've tried shooting some silicon lube inside the pillowball but it's still very stiff and won't turn. This is only on the front passenger coilover, none of the others. Overall very happy with the 500s, the ride incredibly well, would just like to figure out if theres a way to correct those issues.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #381
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
SuperBlackS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallH View Post
Hope this is the right place to ask. I recently bought a set of brand new FA500s for my coupe, and I'm having an issue with one of them. The front passenger side is clunking on rebound(?) I believe. When going over bumps in the road/potholes/etc. When the wheel comes up in travel, compressing the coil, it's a strange bump/clunking sound. Also, on the same side I'm hearing a binding noise when turning the wheel stationary. I pulled the wheel and knuckle off to inspect it and the tophat will barely rotate at all which is causing the actual insert to turn instead of the tophat. I've tried shooting some silicon lube inside the pillowball but it's still very stiff and won't turn. This is only on the front passenger coilover, none of the others. Overall very happy with the 500s, the ride incredibly well, would just like to figure out if theres a way to correct those issues.
Have you checked your bushings recently, they might be out to lunch.

I would also Contact Terry at Fortune Auto, he's a great guy and got me taken care of when I had issues with the top mounts.

Also: I have the Version 3 set of 500s loaded with swifts. They're not bad. More comfortable than my Tein SS or GroundControl/Eibach kit that came on the car. I can deal with them daily, but I feel a bit embarassed when I put other people in the car... Especially women, cuz they're soft...

Helped my friend swap 510s into his EvoX GSR, no lie, they were more forgiving than his stock sping/struts (not the Bilstein mind you), and I have a sensitive back side. Those were the Version 4s tho. Make no mistake, these guys are serious about suspension, and they back it up with good service.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #382
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
As Super Black mentioned, have you checked all of your bushings?

And the binding noise you hear is normal. Add a bit of preload & it should go away. If that doesn't work, order the thrust bearings that Fortune Auto sells. And while you're at that, go ahead & add the said amount of preload that Fortune says you should add.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #383
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I have purchased the Dreadnoughts for my S13. Is the fronts adjustable? It doesn't look like it.

Also, I find it sad how much lack of compression on the rears after 15 clicks from hard. It feels like there's more compression going to hard than software. Unless the indicators are reversed ^_^;;; On bumpy roads, full soft on turns on bumpy track road/track, I had a lot of lost of traction and things got pretty bumpy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #384
amolao
Zilvia Member

amolao is an unknown quantity at this point
I received my 500s with swift springs for my s13. A couple of questions:
The rears seem to be too "short", I have insert only about an inch in the bottom bracket and I can only get approximately one finger distance between rear tire and fender. I think that there will a little more adjustment play just for safety reasons, and not everybody wants to ride slammed. Maybe the swift springs are shorter springs and the shorter series 4 bottom bracket is also shorter which makes things worse.
And are the adjuster rods removable at all...?

http://home.sw.rr.com/longstorenissan ***UPDATED 13 AUG 05 ***
amolao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #385
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolao View Post
I can only get approximately one finger distance between rear tire and fender...not everybody wants to ride slammed.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #386
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
^Hahahahaha, perfect execution.

Anyway, I'm unfamiliar with series 4's. But why don't you just raise the lower bracket back to where you wanted? That isn't slammed nor will you have to worry about scraping anywhere with that kind of height.

And I don't think the adjusters come off like the previous series.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #387
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolao View Post
I received my 500s with swift springs for my s13. A couple of questions:
The rears seem to be too "short", I have insert only about an inch in the bottom bracket and I can only get approximately one finger distance between rear tire and fender. I think that there will a little more adjustment play just for safety reasons, and not everybody wants to ride slammed. Maybe the swift springs are shorter springs and the shorter series 4 bottom bracket is also shorter which makes things worse.
And are the adjuster rods removable at all...?
You have to ask for the extended rears. If you don't they assume you want to hellaflush your ride and scrape all over the place.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #388
jewlz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
jewlz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
S13 Front Top Bearing Mount Insulator
PDM Racing - Suspension
jewlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #389
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBlackS14 View Post
Have you checked your bushings recently, they might be out to lunch.

I would also Contact Terry at Fortune Auto, he's a great guy and got me taken care of when I had issues with the top mounts.

Also: I have the Version 3 set of 500s loaded with swifts. They're not bad. More comfortable than my Tein SS or GroundControl/Eibach kit that came on the car. I can deal with them daily, but I feel a bit embarassed when I put other people in the car... Especially women, cuz they're soft...

Helped my friend swap 510s into his EvoX GSR, no lie, they were more forgiving than his stock sping/struts (not the Bilstein mind you), and I have a sensitive back side. Those were the Version 4s tho. Make no mistake, these guys are serious about suspension, and they back it up with good service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
As Super Black mentioned, have you checked all of your bushings?

And the binding noise you hear is normal. Add a bit of preload & it should go away. If that doesn't work, order the thrust bearings that Fortune Auto sells. And while you're at that, go ahead & add the said amount of preload that Fortune says you should add.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewlz View Post
S13 Front Top Bearing Mount Insulator
PDM Racing - Suspension
Well, since this has been bugging me, I finally decided to take the coils off and check them out. These coilovers have only been used between 8/2/2012 and 10/12/2012 at the time of this post. The side that has been giving me trouble (front pass), is indeed blown. The shock tube will compress all the way down, and does not come back up. Awesome.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #390
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Well, since this has been bugging me, I finally decided to take the coils off and check them out. These coilovers have only been used between 8/2/2012 and 10/12/2012 at the time of this post. The side that has been giving me trouble (front pass), is indeed blown. The shock tube will compress all the way down, and does not come back up. Awesome.
Call up Fortune. I'm sure they'll help you out.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote