Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #181
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
^ Thanks!

Well, my cousin and I made some progress yesterday...

Borat Approved...

SPEC clutch, looked to be in super good shape...

Empty! What a mess...

And here are my other christmas goodies:

[image lost]

HKS Acuator, Work CR Kai Decals and blue aluminum lug nuts, Peak Performance Street transmission mount, and Cusco engine mounts. I'm going to work on cleaning/tearing the bay apart more and cleaning up the motor tomorrow, so I'll post some more pics if I make decent progress. I'm also going to drop off the two wheels with curb rash/ very slight bends to a wheel shop to have them repaired, then I am going to have all 4 of them painted.

I've never really pulled/dropped a motor in before, so that was pretty cool. I'm sure it will be a lot more of a pain going back in, haha. Updates should be coming along at least weekly now!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 11:07 AM..
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #182
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
2 Wheels are in the shop being repaired, should be out tomorrow or Wednesday. My D Max floor mats will be here today after waiting since July, canceling my order last week, and ordering them from another vendor. FINALLY! I'll post pics when I get home tonight.

I am going to order some parts this week... I think I will replace the water pump while the motor is out, and do a Nismo thermostat as well. The 180 front end was supposed to leave Japan in mid-December, so I sent an email on the status of that as well. I bought an AEM Wideband, but just filed a paypal claim after waiting a month for that. Sigh... I hate scammers.

I'm hoping to finish cleaning up the motor this week and start bolting some of the goodies on. I am still trying to decide if I want to stick with the Tomei turbo elbow/GReddy downpipe combo I have now, or pony up for a PBM Cobra downpipe. I like the one piece design, flex pipe section, and bung for a wideband sensor... so we'll see.

Wheels will be going in for paint next week I hope- any suggestions for color? I am thinking about just sticking with the gloss gray/silver they are now...

I also got onto the Speed Hunters deal, which was not really a major accomplishment, but still felt pretty cool. lol. Just purchased an ACT StreetLite flywheel from another member today, so that should be here this week too. More pics and updates soon...

EDIT: FINALLY!!! D-MAX FLOOR MATS!!

My cat gets in EVERY pic I take of parts, lol...

[image lost]

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 11:07 AM..
Old 01-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #183
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I ordered the following replacement stuff yesterday from Russell at NissanParts.cc:

OEM Water Pump
OEM Oil Pump
Z32 Fuel Filter
S14 Oil Strainer Pickup/Gasket
Pitwork Alternator Belt
Pitwork Power Steering Belt
PCV Valve
Flywheel Bolts

As for other engine stuff, I don't really know yet. I would love to do Tomei Poncams, Rocker arm stoppers, and other stuff in the head- head gasket, head studs, etc... but I'm not sure if I really need to and want to spend the money or not. I am also considering a timing CHAIN (lol) replacement, but again- it depends on what kind of condition it is in and how far I want to take it. I have never really worked with the inside of an engine before, so that makes me a bit hesitant. Cams would be awesome, but it opens up a whole can of worms and additional cost. We'll see what happens...

ACT Flywheel is here:

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 11:08 AM..
Old 01-07-2010, 08:11 AM   #184
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Timing belt huh ?

:P
Old 01-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #185
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Aww ass... I'm used to Toyotas, if you can't tell. LOL.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #186
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I got my wheels back from the shop yesterday- had all of the curb rash smoothed out and a ding repaired. Hoping to have them painted and mounted up soon...

[image lost]

I have a few more goodies showing up today, so I'll update again tomorrow.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 11:11 AM..
Old 01-15-2010, 08:52 AM   #187
newslidz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
newslidz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to newslidz
Your build looks great keep it up so because your pushing me to continue on with my car farther then i thought it would be

JUST A RED TOP SR
newslidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #188
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Tomei + Greddy sounds like a better combo. PBM stuff is only really necessary if you're going to be unnecessarily low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #189
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

That may be true. I blew the gasket between my turbo and manifold last fall because of the catback piping scraping the ground. I am not even very low, so I wanted to address that issue. With the Tomei manifold on there as well, I really want to have the flex section to hopefully keep it from cracking- even though it does have a brace with it.

The exhaust setup on the car right now is what came with it when I bought it. In the spring, I will be running the Tomei Manifold, Cobra Downpipe, test pipe, and a D-Max ground clearance catback, which will be here tomorrow. With that stuff and the CS poly exhaust bushings I got, everything should tuck up pretty nice and I won't have to worry as much.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #190
s.steven18
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
s.steven18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
very clean build. looks allot better with nice fiting quality parts. keep up the good work!
s.steven18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #191
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Thanks!

Just another quick update for tonight...

Hooray! OEM Goodness!

Front Cover/Seal/Oil Pump, Water pump, Pitwork belts, PCV valve, flywheel bolts, s14 oil pickup/strainer/gasket, kouki 180sx position lights, z32 fuel filter:

[image lost]

This was all free stuff NissanParts.cc/Russell threw in for me- w00t!

I really need to bust some ace and get the motor/bay cleaned up completely so that I can get to installing all of the crap laying around. The apartment is overflowing, haha.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 11:32 AM..
Old 01-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #192
lightsource
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
lightsource is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lightsource
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I really need to bust some ace and get the motor/bay cleaned up completely so that I can get to installing all of the crap laying around. The apartment is overflowing, haha.
I bet it is.

My dad gave me shit for having a FRACTION of the stuff you have.

Good luck with all of this, it's gonna be sick!

Can't wait to see, wish my build was as epic as yours is gonna be.
lightsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #193
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

haha, awesome sig...

The hardest thing is getting motivated to go out in this cold and get it done. The pole barn the car is in right now doesn't heat up very fast in this weather. That, and working on trying to buy a house right now, so I just don't have a lot of free time. Things should start moving along more quickly soon though!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-16-2010, 12:12 AM   #194
yellowxhoodie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
yellowxhoodie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
subscribed!
yellowxhoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:03 AM   #195
david.drftr13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
david.drftr13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to david.drftr13
gah this thing is so clean! love the transformation, keep up the good work!
david.drftr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #196
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
where did you get the Boss harness protector? i cant find it??
Old 01-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #197
dreamin240sx
Zilvia Junkie

dreamin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to dreamin240sx
Ur car is so fukin amazing. people like u make me still sane. thanks man ur car is beautiful.. i also love the sr20 valve cover (great color choice)
Old 01-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #198
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ haha, thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead View Post
where did you get the Boss harness protector? i cant find it??
I found it from a Zilvia member... I guess it is pretty hard to find. I've never seen a site selling them or anything before.

I'll have an update on Sunday or Monday with pics. I have a few goodies showing up this week.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-29-2010, 08:59 AM   #199
mikefc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
mikefc is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Your cat is so awesome!
mikefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:51 PM   #200
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

lol thanks, he's a handful sometimes... but he's pretty cool.

So I sold the exhaust that came with my car (since it was pretty beat up) and scored a D-Max exhaust for more ground clearance- not to mention I got it new for a CRAZY price from RavSpec:

I finished up assembly of my GReddy Manifold this weekend- painted the fuel rail, caps, FPR, and throttle body. I also used allen head stainless hardware to freshen things up and get rid of the phillips head screws. And of course, new throttle body and IACV gaskets.

I installed the Deatschwerks 650cc Injectors as well:

[image lost]

I got these goodies in from FR Sport on Friday: Apexi 1.1 mm head Gasket, Tomei Rocker Arm Stoppers, DIF Water Temp Sensor Adapter, ARP Head Studs:

Kouki front is here, pics tomorrow

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 11:34 AM..
Old 01-31-2010, 10:19 PM   #201
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
god damn everything is looking great, i love my dmax floor mats haha and haven't even left them in the car for more than a few minutes, they fit awesome.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:07 PM   #202
sincity_sil80
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sincity_sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
haha your cats got interest in 240's .. thats the business! your build is awesome.. coming along nicely.. props

20 till 3:00 =
sincity_sil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:24 PM   #203
ChicagoS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
ChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her selfChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ChicagoS14
Super sweet build! BTW. I think I seen your Solara at the Toyota of Elmhurst car show ?
Old 02-01-2010, 01:40 AM   #204
lightsource
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
lightsource is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lightsource
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
lol thanks, he's a handful sometimes... but he's pretty cool.

So I sold the exhaust that came with my car (since it was pretty beat up) and scored a D-Max exhaust for more ground clearance- not to mention I got it new for a CRAZY price from RavSpec:

I finished up assembly of my GReddy Manifold this weekend- painted the fuel rail, caps, FPR, and throttle body. I also used allen head stainless hardware to freshen things up and get rid of the phillips head screws. And of course, new throttle body and IACV gaskets.

I installed the Deatschwerks 650cc Injectors as well:

I got these goodies in from FR Sport on Friday: Apexi 1.1 mm head Gasket, Tomei Rocker Arm Stoppers, DIF Water Temp Sensor Adapter, ARP Head Studs:

Kouki front is here, pics tomorrow
sly devil
lightsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:26 AM   #205
JDMSTYLE
Zilvia Member

JDMSTYLE is an unknown quantity at this point
this is a great build. just went through all 7 pages and it just keeps getting better!
JDMSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #206
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks for the comments! I'll post some pics of the motor all torn apart later this week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoS14 View Post
Super sweet build! BTW. I think I seen your Solara at the Toyota of Elmhurst car show ?
Yep, that was probably me! I only went one year, but I don't think they had it in 2009... I was there for the August 2008 show. Sadly, it was rear ended and totaled a week later.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #207
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

After over 3 months of waiting... BEHOLD.

New OEM Kouki 180SX bumper, used OEM front lip:

Here are the signals, position lights, and bumper that came with my lip from Japan/FindJDM.com:

OEM 180SX Turn Signals:

NISMO slave cylinder and thermostat:

GReddy lightweight pulleys (my stock pulleys were in BAD shape):

(Got some ground wires free with the pulleys. And the Zilvia calendar my pile got in to, lol)

Sorry that my pics suck, haha. More updates soon!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 11:37 AM..
Old 02-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #208
mothon
Zilvia Addict

mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
I like all the quality parts. Is the car going to stay black?
Old 02-02-2010, 07:26 AM   #209
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Yeah, I am going to stick with black. I was considering going with Midnight Purple, but I don't want to paint the jambs or anything. Black has really grown on me a lot with this car- all of my previous cars have been white, haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #210
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
welcome to the dark side haha. i fell in love with black cars after i got mine as well, my last 240's were all white as well
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote