Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:07 AM   #10021
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
I actually own the older version Sentra (the bubble booty one, B15) that Nissan tried to make into a 'sporty' sedan with their n and r tuned nismo package. They didn't do much then and they didn't do much now.

I knew it would be a disappointment because as mentioned many times before, Nissan does NOT, in any way shape of form, live up to their slogan "Innovation That Excites".

What innovation? Excites who? Their GT-R is the ONLY thing they did that excited the 'few' who can afford it and even that is getting old.
Drive a SE-R B13 even in stock form its loads of fun....
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2016, 01:12 PM   #10022
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
I actually want to restore a B13 SE-R to be a little sleeper.
The B13, in my opinion, is the start of Nissan's step in the right direction when it comes to the sentra. But this thread isn't about that.

On another forum, people cried when the Nismo sentra numbers came out, and I kept reminding them of the IDX (sorry if it's a sore subject for some....lol).
THAT would have been Nissan's claim to fame.

IF, by the very damn slim chance that it failed/flopped, they could look back and say 'well we tried' and we wouldn't have anything to gripe about.
But instead they keep in their shell and say that they are Innovative. I don't know why, but their slogan is actually upsetting me now.....lol
Old 11-17-2016, 02:08 PM   #10023
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post

Early Nissans are very under rated. They got over shadowed by the whole Honda crazy.

Shame we never got the Pulsar GTI-R. Even in an only FWD N/A trim that car would have been a hoot.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:26 PM   #10024
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
To bad we didnt get SSS bluebirds and turbo primeras too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 04:00 PM   #10025
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/g...tag=CAD590a51e

A year in, Hyundai is even doing a better job at a luxury brand than Nissan is with Infiniti.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:37 PM   #10026
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection

A year in, Hyundai is even doing a better job at a luxury brand than Nissan is with Infiniti.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:38 PM   #10027
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
doesn't infiniti make the redsport or whatever with essentially the same setup though?
Old 11-17-2016, 05:11 PM   #10028
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
doesn't infiniti make the redsport or whatever with essentially the same setup though?
Yes it does. And everything else is a snooze fest.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:09 PM   #10029
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Yes it does. And everything else is a snooze fest.

Meh, i wont be buying any new cars, but i cant say there would really be any korean car i would want either tbh.
I cant understand yalls pro hyundai/kia stance , other than that heavy ass genesis coupe they really have no performance history....but we"ve been over this, maybe i just dont understand the appeal i guess

Old 11-18-2016, 11:13 AM   #10030
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

Hyundai should put this engine in a coupe.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:18 AM   #10031
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
thats PROBABLY whats going to happen with the next Genny Coupe given its going luxury and being made into more of a "touring car"

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:27 AM   #10032
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
thats PROBABLY whats going to happen with the next Genny Coupe given its going luxury and being made into more of a "touring car"
Yep, G60 or G70 coupe or something.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:30 AM   #10033
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Maybe Hyundai won't be chickenshits and let it keep a manual option.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:52 PM   #10034
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Nope! count on it being automatic only!

the manual transmission will be gone in the US within the next 7-10 years altogether. only 7% of "new" cars are still produced in manual... down from 25% in 2010.

so yeah, kiss rowing your own boat good bye by 2025!

funny thing is... 80% of cars in Europe are STILL produced in manual guise. fucking lazy yanks!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:55 PM   #10035
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
In other countries, you have to learn in a manual car because if you can drive a manual, you can drive an auto. Ofcouse the opposite isn't true.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:13 PM   #10036
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Nope! count on it being automatic only!

the manual transmission will be gone in the US within the next 7-10 years altogether. only 7% of "new" cars are still produced in manual... down from 25% in 2010.

so yeah, kiss rowing your own boat good bye by 2025!

funny thing is... 80% of cars in Europe are STILL produced in manual guise. fucking lazy yanks!
So you think the pony cars will get rid of manuals and go to double clutches then?
Old 11-19-2016, 02:59 PM   #10037
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Manuals are what you need for a sports car... until you drive on the 405 fwy, 10 fwy etc.. :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #10038
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Or have a bum ass left knee. Makes driving a manual in stop and go traffic absolutely miserable.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 07:36 PM   #10039
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah so cars not being manual isn't a deal breaker for me

AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 07:50 PM   #10040
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsGravy View Post
Manuals are what you need for a sports car... until you drive on the 405 fwy, 10 fwy etc.. :/

Fucking Move then
Old 11-19-2016, 08:29 PM   #10041
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsGravy View Post
Yeah so cars not being manual isn't a deal breaker for me

california isn't exactly sports car funland to begin with
Old 11-19-2016, 09:02 PM   #10042
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
You guys are a bunch of girls

My daily is stick, my toy is stick and I drive both in traffic to and from work and would have it no other way. I can't stand driving auto
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:53 PM   #10043
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post

My daily is stick, my toy is stick and I drive both in traffic to and from work and would have it no other way. I can't stand driving auto

Old 11-19-2016, 11:04 PM   #10044
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Transmissions are a waste of space.
Direct drive is the ultimate evolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glf_k4qGBAA
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 03:14 AM   #10045
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post

Good for you. Want a trophy or something? I did it daily for almost 20 years until I sold my s14 and bought a truck due to work and family needs. Ran service calls in that damned car for a year, shifting gears half the day got tiresome and painful.
Next daily might be a stick since I don't drive nearly as much as I used to. I do miss it.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #10046
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
california isn't exactly sports car funland to begin with
Says the uninformed kid from Texas. Dude we have a ton of great driving roads here, more than Texas by a long shot. In fact the list of great roads is pretty damn big.
All you seem to be focusing on is the talk about driving in Major metropolitan areas and I don't care what state you live driving in Major metropolitan areas is a clusterfuck to begin with.
Dallas
Houston
Miami
Altanta
Boston
New York
Chicago
Seattle

Etc....

Notice how none of those are California cities.

Think before you speak as California is actually sports car fun land as we have so many kick ass roads to drive in this huge state.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:06 PM   #10047
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Says the uninformed kid from Texas. Dude we have a ton of great driving roads here, more than Texas by a long shot. In fact the list of great roads is pretty damn big.
All you seem to be focusing on is the talk about driving in Major metropolitan areas and I don't care what state you live driving in Major metropolitan areas is a clusterfuck to begin with.
Dallas
Houston
Miami
Altanta
Boston
New York
Chicago
Seattle

Etc....

Notice how none of those are California cities.

Think before you speak as California is actually sports car fun land as we have so many kick ass roads to drive in this huge state.

I meant cuz strict emissions rules. there are few fun texas roads, most are long and strait
Old 11-20-2016, 03:29 PM   #10048
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I think we can all agree we don't want to see an end to manuals. But it'll happen eventually. Autonomous cars will probably be the biggest blow to manual cars' future. By 2025 we'll have a lot of autonomous cars on the road but it won't be an all autonomous market by then. I think there will still be manuals to be had, but once autonomous cars completely kill car culture they'll be a thing of the past. This is not a knock against CA, ok yes it is, CA will probably be the first state to pass a mandate for an only autonomous roadway and make actually driving a car illegal. Ironic considering the importance and history of car culture in CA. I predict there will be a shift in popular opinion some 40 years (heck maybe sooner) where people will look at people that WANT to drive cars as morons, and blame them for all kinds of shit like global warming, deaths, etc. It'll be a shift like gay marriage or marijuana usage, etc. Public opinion can change fast if it becomes a "social " issue, which the Left (especially in CA) is good at doing. Don't forget Mrs Clinton's husband voted against gay marriage just like 5 administrations ago. This shift will be like 2050 or some shit.

Sorry to get political but that's what's going to kill it, kill it.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:02 PM   #10049
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Glad I'll be to damned old to drive or dead by then, because that future sounds awful.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:06 PM   #10050
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
Glad I'll be to damned old to drive or dead by then, because that future sounds awful.

They"ll be robot wives though