Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Car Audio section? Yes or No
Yes, a Car Audio section would be lovely 233 74.44%
No, what the F#@K! is Car Audio! 80 25.56%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #31
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Defintely a good idea.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2009, 08:05 PM   #32
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
What is "wire tucks with peer-reviewed pinouts"?

Is this what we do every day in the Tech forum?
Kind of. I'd like to see a section for it, like Supraforums has (at least I think that's where I found all my 1JZ and 2JZ stuff organized all nice), as 'Tech' is very crowded and the search function doesn't work well for the people that need it since we use correct terminology, and the people that need the help usually don't know what that is, otherwise they'd be doing it themselves lol.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #33
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

twistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of light
I voted yes...

I've written a few 240sx specific tutorials for stereo and other electronic installs... none of them are here on zilvia though, I'd consider posting them up here if there was a valid section for it.
twistedsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #34
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
'Tech' is very crowded and the search function doesn't work well for the people that need it since we use correct terminology, and the people that need the help usually don't know what that is, otherwise they'd be doing it themselves lol.

Sometimes I have problems searching in Tech. It's like trying to find a needle in a needlestack.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #35
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Sometimes I have problems searching in Tech. It's like trying to find a needle in a needlestack.
Seriously! Sometimes the responses are in threads with dumb titles, to I skip over them lol.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #36
mikefc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
mikefc is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
... and then you have people like me, and all the other people I've done systems for - doing nothing the easy way: custom wiring throughout the car, multiple types/layers of sound deadening installed, custom sealed door enclosures for front stage midrange, and tweeter attenuation for windows up/windows down listening... I will be taking my car out for IASCA SQc competition this season, and definitely have the best sounding (and possibly most innovative) S-chassis I've ever heard - I'm interested to see where everyone else's at since I got out of the IASCA comps in 2001-2002.

I get it that you won't be posting a whole lot in the subforum or whatever, or don't think there's enough interest, but coming from the guy that everyone asks for when they post audio questions (or just need advice), THERE IS A TON of information on this site regarding custom electronics and audio, and it's spread all the fuck around.

Engine wiring could be in there, but I'm more interested in a location for:
*wire tucks with peer-reviewed pinouts for everything (Supraforums has this, for instance)
*chassis modification for better sound (sound deadening, where to do it, how much to use, etc)
*Front stage choice/modifications/etc - by far the most important part of any audio setup - much more involved here than picking out some fucking 4x6's from Best Buy!
*Subwoofer choice and placement/enclosures, with measurements if anyone actually goes and competes - lots of info out there on what type of box to put your sub in, but every chassis is different! S13 coupe/hatch/S14 all have different placements, and I use different designs for each.

Jeez, after this post, if this doesn't go through I'll just put up an audio section on JordanInnovations.com lol.

This would be perfect.
mikefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #37
cxlo8331
Nissanaholic!

Location: Feasting on the flesh of the guilty, and drinking the blood of the innocent (714)
Trader Rating: (17)
cxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
I thought I was the car audio section.

Seriously though, even though there are many decent car audio forums, I think there's enough interest (and random posts) that are S-chassis specific that a car audio section would be helpful.
word!

jefe should moderate.

cxlo8331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #38
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (22)
Rick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxlo8331 View Post

jefe should moderate.

I'll 2nd that motion.. I feel that he would be the right man for the job, if extra moderation is deemed necessary by the powers that be.

1997 Nissan 240sx SE(Rb25det+GT35r= 486whp on 93pump):http://zilvia.net/f/premium-member-b...oject-2-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
Take it literally, kill someone, aim for the face in whatever method you use to do so, and it is the most righteously gratifying feeling ever, almost orgasmic.
Rick-95ZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:58 PM   #39
druthafoo
Zilvia Junkie

druthafoo is an unknown quantity at this point
!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k

I havent really laid the foundation for my car audio background yet.

reminds me.. i was the audio mod on boxden.com HAHAHA omg I can't believe I used to be heavy on that site.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #40
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
3rd. Yea Jordon, we nominate you. Set the rules for that section of the forum. Then make a sticky of common info.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #41
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxlo8331 View Post
word!

jefe should moderate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-95ZE View Post
I'll 2nd that motion.. I feel that he would be the right man for the job, if extra moderation is deemed necessary by the powers that be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertsnowcarver View Post
3rd. Yea Jordon, we nominate you. Set the rules for that section of the forum. Then make a sticky of common info.
Haha, Rick asked me this via PM once the thread really started rolling. I'm in there like swimwear, baby - so down!

Of course, if I were to spend any more time on Zilvia, my girl might leave me... but then I'd have more time to spend on my car, and on Zilvia...

Old 09-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #42
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Hmmmmmmm...... decisions... Zilvia will always be there... GF may or may not always be there..... We shouldn't get into this on here

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #43
r6_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
r6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
... and then you have people like me, and all the other people I've done systems for - doing nothing the easy way: custom wiring throughout the car, multiple types/layers of sound deadening installed, custom sealed door enclosures for front stage midrange, and tweeter attenuation for windows up/windows down listening... I will be taking my car out for IASCA SQc competition this season, and definitely have the best sounding (and possibly most innovative) S-chassis I've ever heard - I'm interested to see where everyone else's at since I got out of the IASCA comps in 2001-2002.

I get it that you won't be posting a whole lot in the subforum or whatever, or don't think there's enough interest, but coming from the guy that everyone asks for when they post audio questions (or just need advice), THERE IS A TON of information on this site regarding custom electronics and audio, and it's spread all the fuck around.

Engine wiring could be in there, but I'm more interested in a location for:
*wire tucks with peer-reviewed pinouts for everything (Supraforums has this, for instance)
*chassis modification for better sound (sound deadening, where to do it, how much to use, etc)
*Front stage choice/modifications/etc - by far the most important part of any audio setup - much more involved here than picking out some fucking 4x6's from Best Buy!
*Subwoofer choice and placement/enclosures, with measurements if anyone actually goes and competes - lots of info out there on what type of box to put your sub in, but every chassis is different! S13 coupe/hatch/S14 all have different placements, and I use different designs for each.

Jeez, after this post, if this doesn't go through I'll just put up an audio section on JordanInnovations.com lol.
Fully quoted again cuz this is a damn good post.

I would like to upgrade my paper fluttering bass speaker setup, but I'm not going to lie I really don't know jack shit.

I've looked at car audio forums, but they're a little too extreme for me.

Hopefully, having a section like this would help for those that are looking for a properly decent setup (like me) that doesn't rattle the trunk and dim the lights when the subs hit, but still have a car that handles and drives nice.

Also by doing this, it would help get rid of the dumb posts like, "My motor is my stereo." or "Subwoofers are dumb, they take up too much weight." Since the people that usually say this (most 240 owners), won't bother looking in there.
r6_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #44
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Rick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfection
Keep the votes coming..

1997 Nissan 240sx SE(Rb25det+GT35r= 486whp on 93pump):http://zilvia.net/f/premium-member-b...oject-2-a.html
Quote:
Take it literally, kill someone, aim for the face in whatever method you use to do so, and it is the most righteously gratifying feeling ever, almost orgasmic.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:45 PM   #45
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Glad to see people are still voting! I talked to Phlip and he's down with not having to moderate it lol, he's got to talk to the Admins about making a new subsection and mod changes though.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:40 AM   #46
r6_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
r6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfectionr6_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sweet, are voting is making a difference.
r6_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #47
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
You know if you need wiring assistance and pinouts on S-cars, I got you.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #48
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

I'm very happy to see that there seems to be a (constant 70ish%) interest, I'm hopeful for the reality .

Quote:
Old 10-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #49
g6civcx
Post Whore!

While we're waiting, can someone recommend a good filler that will block sound? I want to stuff the area between the inner and outer rear fenders on my car to reduce the echo chamber effect.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #50
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
While we're waiting, can someone recommend a good filler that will block sound? I want to stuff the area between the inner and outer rear fenders on my car to reduce the echo chamber effect.
That's one of the things I'm dealing with right now! I personally know Anthony (Ant) from Second Skin Audio (the owner of DIYMA.com, Do It Yourself Mobile Audio), so he was the first one I talked to when I decided to jump into making my car quiet.

What I ended up with was bulk packs of Damplifier Pro (their better version of Dynamat Extreme) and one bulk pack of Luxury Liner Pro (their mass-loaded closed-cell-foam/vinyl barrier).

Damplifier Pro: - link -

Luxury Liner Pro: - link -

For filling quarterpanels I have at least one layer of Damplifier Pro covering the outer quarterpanel, the wheel arch, and the inner quarterpanel, and have cut and folded Luxury Liner Pro to fit in there - to work best, the closed-cell foam barrier should be as complete as possible (no gaps). I haven't finished everything so I can't comment on the difference it makes, but I can say that the "clap test" shows significantly less reflection inside the car.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #51
KOUKIboy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
KOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio180sx View Post
i think a audio section would be dope to see how people do there 240's with systems and how they use there trunk space wisely
I put 4 6x9 s in the car, a small amp underneath the seat and a slim sub in the trunk (12).....That sucka hits hard.....And hell yes we should have an audio section....
Old 10-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #52
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
What I ended up with was bulk packs of Damplifier Pro (their better version of Dynamat Extreme) and one bulk pack of Luxury Liner Pro (their mass-loaded closed-cell-foam/vinyl barrier).

For filling quarterpanels I have at least one layer of Damplifier Pro covering the outer quarterpanel, the wheel arch, and the inner quarterpanel, and have cut and folded Luxury Liner Pro to fit in there - to work best, the closed-cell foam barrier should be as complete as possible (no gaps). I haven't finished everything so I can't comment on the difference it makes, but I can say that the "clap test" shows significantly less reflection inside the car.
I want to completely fill in the area. Is there something that can do that? Something like expanding foam or something like that.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #53
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
I want to completely fill in the area. Is there something that can do that? Something like expanding foam or something like that.
That's what I used to have! Doesn't work AT ALL. You can layer the Luxury Liner Pro to absorb slightly more ambient noise, but the big reduction comes from damping the vibrating metal panels, and creating a noise barrier with a single layer of something like Luxury Liner.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #54
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
im at work and logged in just to votes, yes, it would be lovely
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #55
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
That's what I used to have! Doesn't work AT ALL. You can layer the Luxury Liner Pro to absorb slightly more ambient noise, but the big reduction comes from damping the vibrating metal panels, and creating a noise barrier with a single layer of something like Luxury Liner.
I talked to the local audio installer and they recommended: http://shop.selectproducts.com/diy/itemdesc.asp?CartId={FA3EVERESTB2011-2C04-4633-9B4A-AE4EB5DC3597}&ic=FGXFOAMQ&eq=&Tp=

I'm going to have a layer of Xtreme and 1/2" Dynaliner over the interior surface any way. I just want something to fill in the gap to dampen the echo a little more.

Russ recommended jute padding as well.

I picked up some polyfill and it's definitely out. Too flammable.

The stuff your recommended is good, but I think would be too expensive considering the insulation I already have on top of the area.

I think I'll look into Russ's suggestion and see if I can make any headway there.

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #56
rebornS14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
rebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rebornS14
YAY for car audio! i can show off my new system there.
rebornS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #57
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
I talked to the local audio installer and they recommended: http://shop.selectproducts.com/diy/itemdesc.asp?CartId={FA3EVERESTB2011-2C04-4633-9B4A-AE4EB5DC3597}&ic=FGXFOAMQ&eq=&Tp=

I'm going to have a layer of Xtreme and 1/2" Dynaliner over the interior surface any way. I just want something to fill in the gap to dampen the echo a little more.

Russ recommended jute padding as well.

I picked up some polyfill and it's definitely out. Too flammable.

The stuff your recommended is good, but I think would be too expensive considering the insulation I already have on top of the area.

I think I'll look into Russ's suggestion and see if I can make any headway there.

Thanks.
That fiberglass stuff doesn't harden strong enough to stop vibration, and isn't as effective as dynaliner/Luxury Liner/any mass-loaded closed-cell-foam barriers at stopping sound. From an audiophile standpoint, unlike a room, cars generally don't have enough volume to make stopping ambient noise feasible... once the noise is in, it's most likely going to stay. You can fill that space with anything you want, but the people I've talked to about the same exact problem say don't bother filling it with anything - just mass-load the panels with Dynamat/Damplifier/etc and put a barrier over it.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:48 AM   #58
Baron Fel
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Baron Fel is making a name for him/her selfBaron Fel is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't want this. There is no downside

now accepting funds for the LS1 swap!
Baron Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #59
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
That fiberglass stuff doesn't harden strong enough to stop vibration, and isn't as effective as dynaliner/Luxury Liner/any mass-loaded closed-cell-foam barriers at stopping sound. From an audiophile standpoint, unlike a room, cars generally don't have enough volume to make stopping ambient noise feasible... once the noise is in, it's most likely going to stay. You can fill that space with anything you want, but the people I've talked to about the same exact problem say don't bother filling it with anything - just mass-load the panels with Dynamat/Damplifier/etc and put a barrier over it.
You say nothing. Russ says jute. Local audio guy says expanding foam.

Right now I'm tempted to just spray each side with 2 cans of Mr. Gasket insulation, stuff them full of jute padding, and throw in a couple ounces of expanding foam.

Then I'll run Xtreme and 1/2" Dynaliner on the interior panel and be done
Old 10-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #60
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Quote:
You say nothing. Russ says jute. Local audio guy says expanding foam.

Right now I'm tempted to just spray each side with 2 cans of Mr. Gasket insulation, stuff them full of jute padding, and throw in a couple ounces of expanding foam.

Then I'll run Xtreme and 1/2" Dynaliner on the interior panel and be done

Personally,I FUCKING HATE EXPANDING FOAM ,aka Great Stuff, aka MESSY-ASS BULLSHIT! Once you spray that shit in or on anything, you will have a hard time getting that shit off..

I've worked for a few shops that loved to use that shit..I remember a few installs that I had to chisel through about a pound of hardened foam to regain access to a bolt that loosened something crucial..

I would only say that if you're going to use expandi-anything ,just use caution when and where you spray it, use gloves , don't wear any nice clothes, and for the the love of GOD, don't drip any on your carpet..

Quote: