Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:57 PM   #10591
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Yes, the sedan market is DRY. And that goes for long time staples like the Accord, Camry, 3 Series, etc. Luxury and sport sedans are being hit even harder. Ford JUST released the Fusion Sport and you can get them for $10k off. At $35k the thing was already one of the bang for your bucks on the market. EVERYONE is buying CUVs in all shapes and sizes.

So point being, this Stinger GT should be pretty cheap soon and another great deal.
Ahhh... I didn't realize the market shift was that drastic. Sedans used to be everyone's bread & butter. Time for me to start looking for some great steals & check out my local auctions.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #10592
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The Future RWD Coupes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post

Literally waiting for Exitspeed to destroy this rationale with actual market analysis.

We"ll see i guess, might just be my dislike of supras talking, but i still doubt it will do great in the markets. Sports cars are commonly low sales #"s relative to everything else anyway. I still dont think it will sell out on pre-orders like many other new models have.

I must not understand sports car economics though, cuz they still sell 370z"s.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:05 AM   #10593
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rumors of an RX-9 happening again.

http://jalopnik.com/obscure-japanese...1797017101/amp
Old 07-19-2017, 08:35 AM   #10594
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
*Yawn* Doubt its gonna happen.

In my opinion, Mazda should just combine the RX7/8 and MX5 models. Basically, a hardtop Miata with a N/A rotary in it. I mean, they obviously want to keep the rotary alive even though it's on life support but the damn thing hates heat/turbos. The Miata has always been an underpowered little bitch, but with power at least around Renesis level, it might be PDQ. The lighter chassis might help it in the MPG department too. Nothing to be done about the shitty emissions though. Anyways, just a random thought.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:32 AM   #10595
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Honda MR car leaks via patent.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/19/m...#slide-6815846
Old 07-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #10596
johnydoesit
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
johnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The 2018 Ford Mustang GT has 460 HP, hits 60 MPH in under 4.0 seconds. The Ecoboost now has 350tq and does 0-60 in under 5 seconds with the performance pack.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...eration-specs/
johnydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:36 AM   #10597
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i still like that car mmmmmmmmmm ecoboost mustang!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:27 AM   #10598
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully the aftermarket steps in with alternative front end.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #10599
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Roush is already on it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:24 AM   #10600
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

More news on the Sedanapocalypse front. CTS and ATS are being replaced with one car.

http://jalopnik.com/cadillac-is-repl...sed-1797332648
Old 07-28-2017, 09:28 AM   #10601
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
More news on the Sedanapocalypse front. CTS and ATS are being replaced with one car.

http://jalopnik.com/cadillac-is-repl...sed-1797332648
I'm interested in the upcoming A3 fighter they mentioned. As someone that's only 5'6", that's about the perfect size for me haha.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:38 AM   #10602
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
I'm interested in the upcoming A3 fighter they mentioned. As someone that's only 5'6", that's about the perfect size for me haha.
As long as it's RWD and not based on the FWD Cruze (which is not a bad platform but it's not the absolute bad ass Alpha platform). I mean GM tried that with the Buick Verano and despite it being a very well received and capable car in its segment it didn't sell. I feel like now, if you are going to do a sedan it has to have a purpose.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #10603
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Quote:
As long as it's RWD and not based on the FWD Cruze (which is not a bad platform but it's not the absolute bad ass Alpha platform). I mean GM tried that with the Buick Verano and despite it being a very well received and capable car in its segment it didn't sell. I feel like now, if you are going to do a sedan it has to have a purpose.
Agreed NEEDS to be RWD. If they're shooting for the A3/S3/RS3, it's a step in the right direction.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:51 PM   #10604
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Agreed NEEDS to be RWD. If they're shooting for the A3/S3/RS3, it's a step in the right direction.
ALTHOUGH, they could make it on the new platform of the Holden Commadore/Buick Regal, which is standard AWD and only available in a Hatch or Wagon. There's 3 engine available for that platform too. The extra utility could actually make it meet the "practical" need that buyers want (which is why CUV's are so big in the first place). It would seem like it could cannabalize the new Regal's sales but Buick's and Cadillac's just look so wildly different.

I LOVE the new GS coming out, but in Cadillac clothing it would just be amazing,

All interesting.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:04 PM   #10605
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Fuck other people, but this is pretty dope.

https://www.autoblog.com/amp/2017/08...mode-854wi3m5/

The fact that the "quite hour" can be set makes it.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:08 PM   #10606
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I'd use the hell out of that. Kids stay asleep when I have to work night shift.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #10607
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

New Z4. Gives us a little peak at the Supra. LOVE it.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/08/17/...-pebble-beach/
Old 08-17-2017, 12:55 PM   #10608
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Wow. Way better looking that the current model. That thing is glorious. Hope BMW doesn't wuss out on the transmission options.

I also just glad that there's no hint of that fugly FT1 nose... hopefully the Supra will look close to this too.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:04 PM   #10609
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^Wow. Way better looking that the current model. That thing is glorious. Hope BMW doesn't wuss out on the transmission options.

I also just glad that there's no hint of that fugly FT1 nose... hopefully the Supra will look close to this too.
http://blog.caranddriver.com/yes-lea...ot-for-toyota/

Manual for Z4, not for Supra. That is fucking stupid.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #10610
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
http://blog.caranddriver.com/yes-lea...ot-for-toyota/

Manual for Z4, not for Supra. That is fucking stupid.
That SUCKS.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:27 PM   #10611
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

It's almost like Toyota can't get away from pandering to retirees.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:20 PM   #10612
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
It's almost like Toyota can't get away from pandering to retirees.

Color me spectical though. Akio Toyoda SPECIFICALLY said (and has made good on his word with the 86 and direction they've taken the Camry) that they are going to make Toyota a sporty brand. There's also almost ZERO reason to offer the manual in the BMW and not the Supra, unless that was part of the partnership. Which, based off of what I just said, seems unlikely.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet money (albeit a small amount) on it. And I'm not a betting man, unless I have cards in my hand.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:17 PM   #10613
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Color me spectical though. Akio Toyoda SPECIFICALLY said (and has made good on his word with the 86 and direction they've taken the Camry) that they are going to make Toyota a sporty brand. There's also almost ZERO reason to offer the manual in the BMW and not the Supra, unless that was part of the partnership. Which, based off of what I just said, seems unlikely.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet money (albeit a small amount) on it. And I'm not a betting man, unless I have cards in my hand.

Agreed. It doesn't make a ton of sense to offer it in the BMW but not the Supra. But it does give them double the press to leak it without a manual option now and then "add" a manual option closer to release. Keeps it at the forefront of the news without having to actually release any other real information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MightyMouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:21 AM   #10614
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Saw this on FB today

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:58 AM   #10615
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Yeah I like that thing.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:45 AM   #10616
simmode1
Post Whore!

Oh, that Stinger looks better here than in the promo shots I posted previously. I'm just waiting for a coupe version.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:51 PM   #10617
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Supra is supposed to be unveiled next month! Eeeek!

http://www.motortrend.com/news/new-t...t-month-japan/
Old 09-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #10618
olah.inc
Zilvia Member

olah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Supra is supposed to be unveiled next month! Eeeek!

http://www.motortrend.com/news/new-t...t-month-japan/
via Imgflip Meme Generator
olah.inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:30 PM   #10619
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Based off of all the spy shots, it's going to look a LOT like the MK4. If you hate that, then the new one will "look like shit" too I guess. That's all subjective though so...
Old 09-03-2017, 08:11 AM   #10620
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Based off of all the spy shots, it's going to look a LOT like the MK4. If you hate that, then the new one will "look like shit" too I guess. That's all subjective though so...
Very true. Looks are subjective.

I'm interested in how this car will handle, powertrain/drivetrain, price and interior ergonomics. Also how it stacks up against other cars in its class.