Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
Tkwjh07
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Tkwjh07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Advice on getting a SAFC

I have been getting mixed opinions on different people. Some say its a waist of time some say its good. What do you guys suggest? i Have a enthalpy tuned ecu. Should i just save up for something like a power fc or just spend that extra 150 bucks for now so i will have something to use then build my way for a better standalone? LMK.
Tkwjh07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
SAFC and Power FC don't belong in the same sentence.
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Safc if u don't care about your shit and want it to blow up. Those 2 shouldn't be used in the same sentence. 150$ to tune your air flow..... Waste.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Advise? Dont
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #5
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
it depends on your setup. half the people that jump on the "zomg its blows up engines, why? something to do with your airflow maf, it bad" bandwagon fit into one of two categories:

1) used it wayyyyyyyyyy beyond what it's meant for
2) jump on the bandwagon since some og tuners don't like it

if you have a STOCK setup with boltons and maybe slighly larger boost it's fine to clean up and smooth your a:f. when you are trying to use it to tune your larger turbo, injectors, and cams setup your a dumb shit. OR if you have an enthlapy like in your case and what to SMOOTH or FINE TUNE (i.e. not major tuning) it's fine. it's not a tuning device and shouldn't be looked at one. it sole purpose is to mildy correct a:f...and even then you're talking MINOR corrections.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
+1, If you already have a rom tune and all you're doing is fine tuning the tune, its fine.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #7
BNASTYs13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (50)
BNASTYs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BNASTYs13
i think its fine if you have a rom tune with good ignition timing. the safc would be great to fine tune the fuel trims and its also a good monitor for duty cycles and revs and such.

get the safc2 or neo. the first gen is a joke. fuel trims are based off a 100 rpm table. its pathetic.
BNASTYs13 is offline   Reply With Quote