Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #15331
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Would anyone care to explain how stock quarter panels like these are so cleanly flared out by that much?? Do most people just go to a shop and have them do it? Or are these just overfenders that I'm clearly NOT seeing...? Really wanna do this to my car (otherwise I'd just go to overfenders :P)

Amateur photography by me
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #15332
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobellman_2007 View Post
Would anyone care to explain how stock quarter panels like these are so cleanly flared out by that much?? Do most people just go to a shop and have them do it? Or are these just overfenders that I'm clearly NOT seeing...? Really wanna do this to my car (otherwise I'd just go to overfenders :P)

Because they're probably not rolled. Could've used molding sponges or whatever their called
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #15333
Heytheremr2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Heytheremr2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
A local guy is selling a set of Cusco strut bars. But they're for an S13 and I own an S14. I've gathered that the front will bolt on, no problem. I remember reading up on coilovers and it being mentioned that the rears are definitely not interchangeable between models. Does that include strut bars aka braces? I have been trying to read up on it but all the threads I find either don't specify about rears or it turns into members bickering over how to install a strut brace in an s14 in general.
Heytheremr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #15334
crewchief05
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
crewchief05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Would a z32 TT rear sway bar fit a s14? I have one and would rather use it than buy a different one. Anyone ever try this?
crewchief05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #15335
crewchief05
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
crewchief05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
sorry to open this back up. I just need some clarification.

I plan on using the z32tt/q45 axles and q45 diff.

My question is will that fit into the stock s14 knuckles(uprights)? or do i have to use the TT or q45 knuckles. I know without using the axles they are to short or long regardless. But again if I am using the axles and hubs will they fit into the stock s14 knuckles?

No one ever mentioned this or asked this question. i searched.

will q45 hubs/spindles fit in stick knuckles? wat about z32 tt hubs/spindles?
crewchief05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #15336
ZERTA RACING
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
ZERTA RACING is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:

Those are over fenders for sure zoom in on the door area an you can see it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
ZERTA RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #15337
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle View Post
So, Z31 caliper bracket, but stock calipers allows for rotors that are thicker or have a larger diameter? Which rotors would work well for that setup?
larger diameter for more pad surface.

http://zilvia.net/f/archive-faqs/291...-calipers.html

Quote:

on stock fenders is possible, but it obviously wont look like that (on a fender rolling job itself), so roll it bang it out to how it fits perfect with the wheel/tire specs your looking for with no rubbing, then apply bodywork to clean it up.

MY question

stock injectors on a s13 is purple right?

i have one injector only thats gresyish hint of purple, which injector could that be?
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #15338
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
on stock fenders is possible, but it obviously wont look like that (on a fender rolling job itself), so roll it bang it out to how it fits perfect with the wheel/tire specs your looking for with no rubbing, then apply bodywork to clean it up.
Thanks for the response.

I know fender rolling won't do that. I've already rolled my fenders :P and have done a VERY tiny bit of DIY fender pulling/flaring. Check it out:

Before:

After:

This tiny bit of flare definitely helped with rubbing issues, but I am fascinated by how sexy my car looks closer to the ground and want to go lower, so I was just curious what it took to get a deeper/bigger, if you will, flare/pull. I also don't mind paint damage, as my car is only primered :P

Old 11-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #15339
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks guys for the inputs with my little to no info lol

will get with the owner and unfuck ourselves
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #15340
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
i was going to do that, but i painted my car already and im not about that life anymore lol
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:55 AM   #15341
s13Breh

s13Breh is an unknown quantity at this point
would a s14 sr20det greddy pully kit fit on a s13 blacktop? And s13 pulley kit to s14?? thanks!
s13Breh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #15342
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERTA RACING View Post
Those are over fenders for sure zoom in on the door area an you can see it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
IF, before you paint, have the skills with torch, hammer, dolly, and sand block, one can accomplish this without overfenders. I watched a guy do this to my Pop's '67 XKE E Type so he could run 9" Corvette wheels on it. I have seen it also done on nickel-dime's and 2002's as well.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #15343
jjjawberg
Zilvia Member

jjjawberg is an unknown quantity at this point
does any one know what a 255 35 18-tire look like on a 18x10.5 wheel?
Old 11-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #15344
240Cali
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjawberg View Post
does any one know what a 255 35 18-tire look like on a 18x10.5 wheel?
Tyrestretch.com - Because Size Matters!
this is 245-35-18 you get the idea..

Old 11-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #15345
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
so with all these people making reproductions of aero,

WHY hasn't anyone made rear overs????
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #15346
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
IF, before you paint, have the skills with torch, hammer, dolly, and sand block, one can accomplish this without overfenders. I watched a guy do this to my Pop's '67 XKE E Type so he could run 9" Corvette wheels on it. I have seen it also done on nickel-dime's and 2002's as well.
Interesting. Thanks for the list of tools.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #15347
blusx

blusx is an unknown quantity at this point
Q: when doing a under dash wire tuck is it alot easier pulling out all the wiring and doing it out of the car or is it better to do it inside the car? Q2: do i have to use a new fuse box from (ie autozone) or can i use existing fuseboxes?
blusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #15348
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
will an s14 sr coldpipe work on an s13 sr with a freddy intake manifold?
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #15349
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by blusx View Post
Q: when doing a under dash wire tuck is it alot easier pulling out all the wiring and doing it out of the car or is it better to do it inside the car? Q2: do i have to use a new fuse box from (ie autozone) or can i use existing fuseboxes?
like,. placing the engine bay harness under the dash?
...its definitely easier to do it all out of the car. Staying organized and thorough is pretty much all its about, and its just easier to do that when you have more room to do so. Space is tight under the dash once its all crammed in there. So you might need to pull it in and out a couple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
Good question...lol
if it doesnt work, itd be damn close, could always trim a little and play with different couplers at that point
Old 11-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #15350
s14j
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (72)
s14j is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
so i have a question.

i replaced my old s14 subframe bushings with new PBM bushings.

i keep hearing a creaking noise from the passenger side. but i dont know what it is?
has anyone else experienced this?
its not a clunk but a creak going up and down drive ways or even when i push the car down from the back i can hear it.

any insight would be appreciated thanks!
Old 11-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #15351
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
does anyone know what brake justin shreeve have on his silvia? 300zx?
Old 11-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #15352
blusx

blusx is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=conrad_s13.5;5469947]like,. placing the engine bay harness under the dash?
...its definitely easier to do it all out of the car. Staying organized and thorough is pretty much all its about, and its just easier to do that when you have more room to do so. Space is tight under the dash once its all crammed in there. So you might need to pull it in and out a couple times.

Thanks for the reply. But i meant only the harness under the dash allthe wiring for the enginebay has been tucked. Since im not running a/c nor heater i just have a huge annoing ball of wiring under the dash that looks horrible and i just wantes to trim that but dont know what would be easier, if to do it in there or just pull it all out. Oh and all my fuse boxes from the engine bay are already under the the dash also
blusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #15353
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Spacer Question, not quite generic, but definitely for a zenki:
OE SE wheels are 6.5 x 16 +40 and fit tucked in by maybe 20mm or so(Don't have a car to get exact stock measurement, it gets painted next week)

I have a set of knock off Gram Lights G-Games made by ICW(they came with my parts car, still have back half that has had the front half cut surgically removed) in 7 x 7.5 +42

How much spacer rear, and front, will I need to push these out to the fender lip, not quite flush, but to fill so I only may need a bit of roll at the top of the inner lip? My newb math is telling me go 20mm rear, 15mm front, but I am looking to experience before I buy once so I don't buy twice and cry
Old 11-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #15354
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Where do we post for appraisal? Wanna sell my S13, got huge list of parts that are on. Tons of pics. But I kinda have no clue what to ask for it.
?
?
?
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #15355
240zach
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
240zach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Don't know if this question has risen yet but oh well

i just got an hks ssqv and had it welded and put it on and hooked everything up and its not blowing off, i even have the screw all the way out.
there is vacuum going to it as i can feel it from the hose when i unplug it
its teed off from my fpr (just for clarification)
the diaphram seems fine i can push it in without an issue. but it just doesntwant to blow off. im just getting comp surge even at full boost(stock)
could it just be dead? anyone else have this issue? any tips or help?
240zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #15356
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240zach View Post

i just got an hks ssqv and had it welded and put it on and hooked everything up and its not blowing off, i even have the screw all the way out.
the diaphram seems fine i can push it in without an issue. but it just doesntwant to blow off. im just getting comp surge even at full boost(stock)
What motor and why in the world would you tee that off your FPR?
Old 11-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #15357
240zach
Zilvia Addict

its an sr20 and if there is something teed off from fpr it will compensate by putting in a little more fuel. where as a tee off from an actuator line might cause over boosting which in my opinion is worse than running a little rich.
i would use another source from my intake mani and run my actuator off my hot pipe but i dont have a nipple for that so im running it like this for the time being
Old 11-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #15358
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
its an sr20 and if there is something teed off from fpr than it just throws in more fuel. where as a tee off from an actuator line might cause over boosting which in my opinion is worse than running a little rich.
i would use another source from my intake mani and run my actuator off my hot pipe but i dont have a nipple for that so im running it like this for the time being
You don't have the nipple under the throttle body?
Old 11-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #15359
240zach
Zilvia Addict

i can see last i check its a boost line only i think im not completely sure. regardless though the placement doesnt matter as long as my bov has a vacuum/boost source which it does and its still not blowing off.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #15360
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashiriya415 View Post
Where do we post for appraisal? Wanna sell my S13, got huge list of parts that are on. Tons of pics. But I kinda have no clue what to ask for it.
?
?
?
There really isn't a section for it, and I know the mods don't like threads about it...tough spot really as so many people erase the price of cars and stuff after it's sold (I know I do at times too when I fire sale stuff as to not affect the market pricing).

Quote:

Very odd that's not working at all. Try another boost source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14j View Post
so i have a question.

i replaced my old s14 subframe bushings with new PBM bushings.

i keep hearing a creaking noise from the passenger side. but i dont know what it is?
has anyone else experienced this?
its not a clunk but a creak going up and down drive ways or even when i push the car down from the back i can hear it.

any insight would be appreciated thanks!
And it didn't make that sound at all before the install?

Odd that a subframe bushing would do that, however just nut/bolt and go over all the parts you may have taken off. Could be a strut/coilover too.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote