Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-12-2023, 02:08 PM   #1
Miyudorii

Trader Rating: (0)
Miyudorii is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nissan S14 Front Angle Setup

How?s it going guys 🫡
I?m Vince from Germany
Thinking about to do a project thread later on 😄
I need some pro opinions from you guys 😄
I?m planning to ?upgrade? my front suspension setup with an angle kit.
Suspension setup will be either BC Racing DS Series or Tein Super Drift (tell me your thoughts)
Now, idk if the whole GK Tech front angle kit would be way ?too much? for an grassroot drifter..
I?m that type of guy, who tends to overkill everything when I know there are better options even if it?s too much lol

Some guys told me the simplest setup would be B Knuckles with reinforced LCA?s, Ikeya Formula Tension Rods, and JZX tension rods ends.

Yeah I know, the gk tech front setup would be about 1900? compared to something ?easier? but as I said - I like to overkill things 😅

Thanks 😎
Miyudorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2023, 07:37 AM   #2
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Sounds fun. I've thought about ankle kit for my car as well. Mostly for the turning radius and the ability to run wild amounts of negative camber in the front. I'm curious what you end up doing.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:03 AM   #3
Miyudorii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Sounds fun. I've thought about ankle kit for my car as well. Mostly for the turning radius and the ability to run wild amounts of negative camber in the front. I'm curious what you end up doing.
Well the thing is, getting the full front and rear end from GK Tech would be the best you can do/buy for sure but not all have full pockets to get those setups especially as a rookie haha
That?s why I?m curious, what would be a good decent pricy setup..

Anyway I?m waiting for Black Friday maybe I can save then some money tho haha
Shipping to Germany is sometimes more expensive as the product ��
Old 08-14-2023, 10:27 AM   #4
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
If you're low go with a Parts Shop Max Super Angle or Heatmaker Hotside knuckle. The roll center correction will help make the car not feel like shit when very low. The MAX knuckle doesn't require a core and is well-priced.

If you're not low go with a standard modified knuckle. Most shops incorporate bump steer correction into the revised pick up point, but you won't see any roll center correction. B-Knuckle and Villains are good examples of this.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 12:22 PM   #5
Miyudorii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
If you're low go with a Parts Shop Max Super Angle or Heatmaker Hotside knuckle. The roll center correction will help make the car not feel like shit when very low. The MAX knuckle doesn't require a core and is well-priced.

If you're not low go with a standard modified knuckle. Most shops incorporate bump steer correction into the revised pick up point, but you won't see any roll center correction. B-Knuckle and Villains are good examples of this.

Already thought about PSM Knuckles tho
Sammit for example used/uses B-Knuckles with Ikeya Formula Tie Rod and JZX Tie rod end because of its strength and the kink for clearness.
Some other Japanese guy (Toshi) told me his Meihan Setup
B-Knuckles, Ikeya Formula Tie rod + ends - that?s it

Im curious now if the PSM knuckles would be compatible with ikeya formula and jzx tie rods - for strength etc.
Old 08-14-2023, 01:34 PM   #6
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
If strength's your goal, the PSM inner tie rod is probably the strongest out there. I personally prefer a standard Moog OE rod, anything short of a mistake and they will hold up. I'd rather have a tie rod bend and take the hit than anything else in there, namely the rack.

As for outers, I've never heard of using JZX. If your knuckle has bump steer correction, there's no need to run anything but an OE outer. Just make sure everything you buy is for S14. Most aftermarket companies use M14 inners, so make sure your outer is for S14 (S13 uses M12 thread).

The length of your inner is determined by the length of your FLCA and presence of rack spacers. For example, my S13 has 25mm extended FLCA, with the asymmetrical GK Tech NON OFFSET (fuck those) rack spacers. I run a GK Tech inner tie rod on the smaller spacer side (cut to length) and a Q45 inner on the largers spacer size, with Moog S14 stock outers. I love this setup. It's fully capable and easy to maintain.

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=497539

This ^^ thread has been very helpful in determining your ITR length for your setup. Just know that if you need additional length, GK Tech's is longer than you'll ever need, and is fully threaded so you can cut to whatever size you need.
Old 08-14-2023, 02:24 PM   #7
Miyudorii

No, just strength isnt my goal haha
I want a good decent setup for not pro driving if you know what I mean
Thats why I asked if getting the whole gk tech front end would be heavy overkill for a amateur drifter..
Old 08-15-2023, 05:52 AM   #8
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyudorii View Post
No, just strength isnt my goal haha
I want a good decent setup for not pro driving if you know what I mean
Thats why I asked if getting the whole gk tech front end would be heavy overkill for a amateur drifter..
YES.

Modified stock knuckles have worked well for ~20 years now. Keep it simple, keep it maintainable, keep it reversable.