Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-29-2005, 08:12 AM   #91
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftone
is the 91 wiring different from the 89 n 90 for sr20det swap
1st of all, wrong topic, and 2nd of all, um, search much?
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2005, 08:14 AM   #92
sciamop
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
sciamop is making a name for him/her selfsciamop is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How's the gas mileage on the SR20DE?

---

Grassroots Motorsports magazine just did bolt-on upgrades for their 91 Sentra SE-R project car: intake, exhaust, timing advance and new fuel filter = 134hp at the wheels (113hp originally). If you can get the S13 down to B13 weight (2400lbs), it should be a good combination. The SR20DE is a rewarding engine when pushed hard (6500-7000 RPM); the KA is a rewarding engine when not pushed hard (2000 - 3500 RPM).

---

I think this swap would be a lot more popular if the importers would sell them for cheap (under $500). Due to the B13/Classic, the NA SR has a decent aftermarket, so the parts are already there to make it a hit in the S13 world...
http://www.whistlehog.com/blog
sciamop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:19 AM   #93
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Man, I got 145hp and Tq with I/H/E on the KA... Pulled to redline too.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:48 PM   #94
sciamop
Zilvia Member

sciamop is making a name for him/her selfsciamop is making a name for him/her self
Man, I got 145hp and Tq with I/H/E on the KA... Pulled to redline too.

Who said anything about headers?

IIRC, the JDM SR20DE (9.5:1) makes 10HP more (150hp) than the US market SR. So theoretically, it would make ~144whp with I/E. Mike Kojima claims that Hotshot headers are good for 9whp. So our imaginary SR20DE is now making north of 150hp at the wheel with the same mods as the KA.

It is a bit Honda-ish to argue about 6whp, but we can honestly say that the SR20 owns the KA on its home turf -- natural aspiration! Right?!!

Not necessarily.

FWD (ie Grassroots Sentra) has less drivetrain loss than RWD. So if your (S14DB) figures are correct, a RWD SR20DE with I/H/E will most likely make the same or slightly more/less power than a KA with the same mods...

I think we need a dyno run... or better yet, 1/4 mile times!

PS My Sentra SE-R has been in the garage for 3 weeks now (replacing: BMC, axles, H20 pump, etc) -- I'm jones-ing for the SR20DE!
http://www.whistlehog.com/blog
sciamop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:35 AM   #95
nissantuner22
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (-1)
nissantuner22 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nissantuner22
While a lot of parts transfer over, I'm going to have to make a custom header for it. That damn steering column owns exhaust.

Current Project: Operation: N/A SR: 93 Silvia Q SR20DE Engine with go fast goodies. ,
"Common problems 240sx's suffer from are curbs, trees, ditches, and other immovable objects."thx247

"on the tounge... there is no guardrails."- citizen
nissantuner22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:07 PM   #96
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
That thing rocked my socks off last night.

I went to open the throttle real quick to see how the throttle response was compared to most KAs or SR-DETs, and OMG, it was amazing.

That alone has me sold on the SR20DE. Now the hunt for S15 Autech motor begins... muahahahahaha!!
Old 12-31-2005, 03:04 PM   #97
nissantuner22
Zilvia FREAK!

HAHA, there was one for sale a while back. guy wanted 4000 for it. WOOOOOOO

Keep it, it would be cheaper to get a VE head... know what i mean?

I know you love that eager to revness sosideways

Current Project: Operation: N/A SR: 93 Silvia Q SR20DE Engine with go fast goodies. ,
"Common problems 240sx's suffer from are curbs, trees, ditches, and other immovable objects."thx247

Old 12-31-2005, 04:01 PM   #98
S14zenkiQ's
Leaky Injector

S14zenkiQ's is making a name for him/her selfS14zenkiQ's is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissantuner22
While a lot of parts transfer over, I'm going to have to make a custom header for it. That damn steering column owns exhaust.
I've heard that KA headers work with slight modifications to the flange, I dont know for sure, but it's worth a shot.
S14zenkiQ's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:28 PM   #99
nissantuner22
Zilvia FREAK!

yes I'ved heard the same thing. Cutting the flange, and getting it to match up with the ports on the SR.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:57 PM   #100
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Not trying to rip you, but your claims really are biased with no significant fact (dyno result's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciamop
Mike Kojima claims that Hotshot headers are good for 9whp.
Beyond any "claims" the DC sports header for KA makes that much (actually 8.2WHP) plus alot of torque with an actual dyno result. The collector size of the DC sports is 2,1/8", the hot shot for the sr actually breaths better with a 2,1/2" collector....So whats your point? KA still made more power with a SMALLER collector, and still made more torque, and achieved more power earlier in the power band.......
Now members in NICO and Fresh Alloy as well as JWT have claimed almost 10WHP using the the HOT SHOT header same collector size used on the SR, but supposedly there is the claim that the Hot shot dyno dips in the midrange significantly, unlike the DC sports...... If you can come up with a dyno of the HOT SHOT for the SR I would be interested to see the results.....

Quote:
How's the gas mileage on the SR20DE?
KA will get better gas mileage due to the fact that it runs smog emissions (egr/BPT), it actually decreases fuel dumping. The KA also makes more power in it's stroke at lower RPM. Both the SR, and the KA use the same werner synchros system for there transmissions. Shifting between 2500RPM and 3000RPM the KA will make more power earlier, also allowing for earlier shift points than the sr.
The majority of fuel conservation deals with when you shift, you can drag the RPM's out on either the KA or SR and get extremely bad gas mileage.

Quote:
Grassroots Motorsports magazine just did bolt-on upgrades for their 91 Sentra SE-R project car: intake, exhaust, timing advance and new fuel filter = 134hp at the wheels (113hp originally). If you can get the S13 down to B13 weight (2400lbs), it should be a good combination. The SR20DE is a rewarding engine when pushed hard (6500-7000 RPM); the KA is a rewarding engine when not pushed hard (2000 - 3500 RPM).

Still there is a big difference between FF and FR. FR degredation loss is relatively 15%, degredation loss is relatively 10% for FF. Comparing any type of dyno results claiming that the SR makes more power than KA is ludacriss, there is no comparisson. What you should do is compare a SOHC ALTIMA, or Stanza KA, to the Sentra SE-R sr20de.
I think alot of the Altima, and stanza guy's would laugh at those results for the se-r, (those KA guy's are SOHC)LOL.

Quote:
I think this swap would be a lot more popular if the importers would sell them for cheap (under $500). Due to the B13/Classic, the NA SR has a decent aftermarket, so the parts are already there to make it a hit in the S13 world...

NO!!!!!! The swap will never be popular cheap or not. The only thing that makes the SR popular is having a turbo and the potential to boost with a good amount of high rev. The fact is it is still illegal for street use weither you think it's cool or not. NA SR fails by a large significant margin when it comes to making relatively good power.

Just for a refrence. Here is a KA with stock fram filter,JWT tune, header, and CAT back exhaust.NO other modifications. 40WHP gain!!!!!
I don't see an NA SR pullying those kind of numbers with a tune and basic bolt on's.

Last edited by BigVinnie; 01-02-2006 at 07:14 PM..
BigVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #101
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

Cashizslick can only hope to improve
Quote:
The swap will never be popular cheap or not. The only thing that makes the SR popular is having a turbo and the potential to boost with a good amount of high rev. The fact is it is still illegal for street use weither you think it's cool or not. NA SR fails by a large significant margin when it comes to making relatively good power.
Not to bash the thread starter on his motor choice, but aside from being "original" this is a pretty pointless swap. . . . there is no point in swapping a motor that decreases your displacement that much (edit; a non-boosted motor).

Its a cool swap because its rare . . .thats about it. Im glad u got it running and that you like it.
Cashizslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:27 AM   #102
big-jg

big-jg is an unknown quantity at this point
one like high raving light weight fun the other like lots of low end toque... SR20DE and KA24DE are almost the same when stock, performance wise. KA24DE has about 20 more toque at a much lower RPM.. but SR20DE is over all a much rav happy and lighter engine.. lighter the car the less toque it need to go as fast.. that's why 200SX or SE-R is faster then 240SX.. MY P10 G20 is actually faster then My auto 240SX (KA24E tho) even with a much heavier body then the 240sx. and i don't know about the FR SR's My FF SR has all the EGR/BET and it gets 28 in city and 35 on high way.
the KA and SR’s block is about the same, strength wise, They all can support up to about 400 hp stock. so KA is not any stronger then SR … as for this swap.. What he did is renew his car. is not that easy to get a KA in good condition, With that engine, that car can possibly last another 100k + miles. And the fact of having a different 240SX then every one else’s is something extra. And the sound of high raving NA engine . in the morning.. god I love it.. .. now with my KA24E dead.. SR20DE here I come lol… (no money for DET)
Question:
1) how hard is it to do a AT to MT swap.. I need to change the entire drive shaft for the MT right??
2) and what is the different between a KA24e wiring harness and a DE one??
3) And how much would it cost to take it to a shop?? I live in apartment.. for all of you lucky people who has a garage/yard.. lol
big-jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:51 AM   #103
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by big-jg
Question:
1) how hard is it to do a AT to MT swap.. I need to change the entire drive shaft for the MT right??
2) and what is the different between a KA24e wiring harness and a DE one??
3) And how much would it cost to take it to a shop?? I live in apartment.. for all of you lucky people who has a garage/yard.. lol
Why don't you search instead of changing subjects? Didn't you see the other user get yelled at for that in this thread?
Old 01-03-2006, 09:06 AM   #104
big-jg

big-jg is an unknown quantity at this point
the thread is about how to swap a SR20DE in to a S13 body.. not which engine is better.. i'm just trying to change it back... u need to chill.. the thread need to change subject anyway ...............
big-jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #105
nissantuner22
Zilvia FREAK!

It all comes down to personal preference guys. As much fun as it is to sit and debate which engine is better, how bout we leave that to people who actually DO the swaps, and DO the mods. This is the last post for this thread, hopefully those who are interested in the swap learned something.

As for how FAST my car is compared to a KA motor, I didn't lose anything. I did however gain response, RPM's, and piece of mind knowing the motor i swapped in is low miles, and will last me for many many years. I'm not putting down 200WHP N/A, and im not turbo...so I guess this swap isn't regarded as JDM tyte for you guys. I apologize for not being just another SR20DET swap in the vast sea of nissans. If anyone has any questions regarding the swap, PM me, I'll try to help as best I can.

Too many keyboard drifters and haters ruining a perfectly good technical thread.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #106
delphis
Zilvia Junkie

delphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissantuner22 View Post
89 maxima clutch and pressure plate work, you must use a 90 throw out bearing from a 240.

O Kazuo, its easier because of the wiring, its literally plug and play. That and you dont have to cut out part of your fender for the SMIC.

Heres some pics, hopefully by the end of today it will look almost like an engine.
You know you can use an entire clutch kit from a det, you just have to replace the flywheel with on from a det and you will be good to go.
delphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #107
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
awesome search but i think he BETTER BE DONE WITH THE SWAP BY NOW
Old 08-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #108
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphis View Post
You know you can use an entire clutch kit from a det, you just have to replace the flywheel with on from a det and you will be good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftwerks View Post
awesome search but i think he BETTER BE DONE WITH THE SWAP BY NOW
He has. He was driving around like a week after the posts he made about the swap.

He drove the car to my house like a week after that post where he pointed out all the stuff I did to his harness, and I even got a ride in the car with him.

delphis - way to go digging up an old thread to give the guy a tip 3 years after the fact.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:16 AM   #109
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
anyone have info on S14 wiring for a DE motor in s13 ?

can KA harness be used on the s14 ?
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #110
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Did you really just bump a 7 year old thread?
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:55 AM   #111
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Look at the join date, tho...
Old 07-11-2017, 10:08 AM   #112
Kr883p

Kr883p is an unknown quantity at this point
i know its years later but im doing a sr20de to my s14 im just trying to figure the wiring situation any tips or advice
Kr883p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:21 AM   #113
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr883p View Post
i know its years later but im doing a sr20de to my s14 im just trying to figure the wiring situation any tips or advice
http://bfy.tw/CmMI

Research the rest for the s14.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:52 AM   #114
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
People get mad when other people don't search and start new threads.
Same people get made when other people bump old threads that are relevant to what they are asking/interested in...
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:59 AM   #115
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
People get mad when other people don't search and start new threads.
Same people get made when other people bump old threads that are relevant to what they are asking/interested in...
preacher right here. Seriously, no one wants to answer or entertain a genuine question on the forums anymore, the only flourishing threads nowadays are the shit ones like doing it wrong and random picture reader threads >__>

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote