Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-21-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
ksuberk54
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ksuberk54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thinking about buying an R33 - advice please

so I respond to this very vague craigslist ad for a skyline r33 with no pics or price.

me: u still have the skyline for sale? any pics? clean US title? What's the lowest price you will sell for? Thanks.

him: $15000 come take it patents bitchin bout it..
**(also sent 3 pics of r33 that make it look nice)**

me: does it have a legal US title? how many miles? What else can u tell me about it? Also do you have a pic of the bond release from NHTSA and the hs-7 document?

him: Tat I don't have but I do have a title clean n clear..title in Wisconsin
The car starts n all but jus won't engage in going forward or back..I sure u jus have to Aline the clutch again. I put in a new clutch myself n it was driving earlier this spring but my gf stalled out on it n it mite of slip. But the cars was running really good and I have tookin really good care of the car for almost 5 years now,

Me: It's titled as a 240 isn't it?

No response as of now. This seems a little sketchy to me but obviously I would love to have an R33 over my 350z. Thoughts? Advice?
Old 05-21-2015, 11:01 AM   #2
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
JM216S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #3
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
inb4shitstorm
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:11 AM   #4
drumer_boy456
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
drumer_boy456 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
is that r33 here in kansas too? that i know of there is only 1 R33 in olathe
drumer_boy456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:25 AM   #5
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Not quite sure who's more stupid, you for thinking that there is a federally legal R33 for 15k floating around on craigslist or him for his explanation of the clutch issue...

hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:55 AM   #6
10psitx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
10psitx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Buyer- has you have duh NHTSA paper work for legal title r33?

Seller- i has no of dat...i Wisconsin fresh title for no movement r33

Buyer- (in brain) i ask in Zilvia of dem tink good r33

Zilvia- WTF!! stupid, idiotic question are you asking? Did you not think to google NHTSA regulations for importation of vehicles into the US first?

Buyer- ......
10psitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:03 PM   #7
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That seems like a great deal. Go snatch it up before the government sees his ad on Craigslist and comes and impounded it to crush it. All you would have to do is hide the car in a barn somewhere, get anothe 240sx, swap the engine into it, cut and remove r33 panels and put them on the 240 and BOOOOM! You have an R33 that is fully drive able. The doors have to go on backwards since R33 a right hand drive car and 240 is left hand and you cannot have the steering wheel and the pedals on the same side, but other than that it's not a problem

Everything transfers from an R33 to the s-chassis easily, it's a remove and replace bolt on affair. It's what I did with my R33

Also if you buy it from him and he gives you the title, he is on the hook for any issues you run into trying to register the car or any fees you pay due to it.
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:41 PM   #8
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
No, you should buy my car. I'll give you a good price because you seem like nice guy okay?
Old 05-21-2015, 12:47 PM   #9
ksuberk54
Leaky Injector

Didn't think I would get roasted like this. I'm not on here very often. I'm usually on my350z. He did email me back saying it's titled as a 93 Nissan 2DR.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #10
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
does it have a targa top like this R33?

Old 05-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #11
krampus

krampus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuberk54 View Post
Didn't think I would get roasted like this. I'm not on here very often. I'm usually on my350z. He did email me back saying it's titled as a 93 Nissan 2DR.
If you ask this on my350z you will get the same kind of replies. Because it's clearly ridiculous from every angle.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:41 PM   #12
kevinzhou
Zilvia Junkie

kevinzhou is an unknown quantity at this point
we should have new members answer a series of question before getting their account activated...questions like...

what oil should i use for my sr?

what is better sr vs ka vs 2jz?
Old 05-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #13
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
How far away is Kansas from Florida?
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:06 PM   #14
ksuberk54
Leaky Injector

Dude is selling it in Wisconsin. I'm willing to drive almost anywhere to get the car I want. Obviously the advice is to not buy it. Thanks for the hate.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:23 PM   #15
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
if its not a motorex car that has a bond release, its not legal, just that simple. A state title means nothing. Its a federal matter. He has no HS-7, has no 3520-1 form. (customs documentation). A state DMV doesn't decide if a car is legal. Just because they give you a plate means nothing. It is still an illegal act of smuggling according to the CBP, ICE, and the FBI.

I can't believe these dumb ass questions are still being asked. If you want a cool JDM car that wasn't sold here. Wait 25 years. Its just that simple. There are plenty in the states illegally. I would hate to pay then get it taken away.....you just basically threw money away for free. Also, if you do buy it and you just so happen not to get caught by the time it is 25 years old, it is still illegal. It's not like you beat the system. You don't have proper documentation. I mean technically, someone could just turn you in lol. You are better off going to the strip club with a kilo and having the time of your life with a bunch of strippers turned hoes.

There are MANY ways to import a car illegally. But there is only ONE way to do it right.

I would not even buy an already imported car without seeing it and looking it over first. You don't know how the previous owner or owners used it. As "godly" as the hype is around GTR's, they are still cars. They do have problems and they are not cheap to fix. You already stated yourself the seller seems shady. Also seems like he is trying to come clean before it becomes his loss. Which is smart on his part.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:04 AM   #16
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I know a shop that chopped an R33 in half in Japan, imported the two halves seperately, then used angle iron to weld the frame back together and sold it for $12k.

scum.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #17
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Can the US feds still come and crush it if it's not plated/used off road only? Or they won't bother?
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:24 AM   #18
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
Can the US feds still come and crush it if it's not plated/used off road only? Or they won't bother?
Yes they will come for the car, come for you, and come for your family!

Beware of the American government
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:28 AM   #19
krampus

krampus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
You can do that through legal methods but not without stipulations,

http://www.nhtsa.gov/CARS/RULES/IMPO...ng/Racing.html
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:33 AM   #20
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboyizmlg View Post
Yes they will come for the car, come for you, and come for your family!

Beware of the American government
Thankfully I'm on the right side of the boarder for this one. 'Plenty' of legal R33 here, they're just a bit expensive.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:45 AM   #21
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
WTF is a boarder?
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:55 AM   #22
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Think he meant border....Canadian. ..Those cars are legal there..as are the Stagea (which my dogs would like very much.........)

To the OP...
Like these other dudes said...you'd be crazy to buy this car at any price since it doesn't have the requisite paperwork associated with it and it would be very difficult nigh impossible to get it once the car turns 25+ years...

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:11 PM   #23
ksuberk54
Leaky Injector

He has it insured with the same company I have. The vin he gave me does not come up in carfax because its the original vin number (11 numbers starting with ECR). Is this a good sign or bad sign it doesnt have an american vin? He says thats the vin number that shows up on his title and the dmv.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #24
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Might be worth $2000, at least you can pull the RB25DET out and use it for another vehicle.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #25
ksuberk54
Leaky Injector

So the car should have an American vin?
Old 05-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #26
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Are you retarded or something? It's illegal no matter what type of VIN it has. Stop looking for an excuse to buy this vehicle.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:29 PM   #27
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you should buy it. It's a great deal. Quit listening to people telling to not buy it, they don't know anything, and wish they were in you situation to be able to buy an r33. You had 10 people telling to not buy it and here I am telling you to do it. Registering it won't be a problem especially since it already has insurance. And if you can't register it, hey you now have an rb25 with everything you need to swap it to another car for much cheaper than you can buy the half clip.

You now have one person telling you to buy it so go out and do it! I did sprinkle in some bad information into my post but that is for you to figure out what. The only way you seem to learn is to go out and do it and see where you get stuck.

Good luck. Very jealous of your situation. I wish I could buy the r33....you said the guy was on Craigslist? What state and city? Maybe I'll contact him instead
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:54 PM   #28
ShakotanGazelle
Zilvia Junkie

ShakotanGazelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
I think you should buy it. It's a great deal. Quit listening to people telling to not buy it, they don't know anything, and wish they were in you situation to be able to buy an r33. You had 10 people telling to not buy it and here I am telling you to do it. Registering it won't be a problem especially since it already has insurance. And if you can't register it, hey you now have an rb25 with everything you need to swap it to another car for much cheaper than you can buy the half clip.

You now have one person telling you to buy it so go out and do it! I did sprinkle in some bad information into my post but that is for you to figure out what. The only way you seem to learn is to go out and do it and see where you get stuck.

Good luck. Very jealous of your situation. I wish I could buy the r33....you said the guy was on Craigslist? What state and city? Maybe I'll contact him instead
word.

Seems legit, OP. 10/10 would buy.
ShakotanGazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:52 AM   #29
sil80d
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
sil80d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
You had to start a thread to realize that you shouldn't buy this??? You're a fucking idiot.
sil80d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:32 AM   #30
ksuberk54
Leaky Injector

There's a handful of reputable shops all over the country selling skylines. I really doubt the govt would come after one person over companies like fast4wheels and black ops performance. Thanks for the advice though guys. Still deciding.