Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
A-to-the-J

Trader Rating: (0)
A-to-the-J is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stumbling @ 5500

Ive got a stock KA24DE in my S14, whenever I get on it, around 5500 the car starts to stumble like I hit fuel cut or something. Any help on this?
A-to-the-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
When's the last time you've done a tune up? A tune up being - fuel filter, spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor.

Also how old is your 02? If you haven't touched anything on the motor in a really long time it wouldn't be a bad idea to change out the air filter and clean the MAF while you're at it.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
A-to-the-J

Trader Rating: (0)
A-to-the-J is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
When's the last time you've done a tune up? A tune up being - fuel filter, spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor.

Also how old is your 02? If you haven't touched anything on the motor in a really long time it wouldn't be a bad idea to change out the air filter and clean the MAF while you're at it.
The car was previously NA-T but I swapped it back to N/A to get some things re-done. The spark plugs and wires were changed along with the o2 sensor last month and I put back on the AEM Intake for the N/A with a new filter. Distributor cap and Rotor are original and so is the fuel filter. This car only has about 62k miles on it. I'll see about cleaning up the MAF, hopefully that takes care of my problem. The car is currently on jackstands because I got my rack rebuilt, I just picked up my Steering Rack Bushings today, so It'll probably go back in a little bit later.
A-to-the-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:18 PM   #4
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I'm not really sure the MAF cleaning will help a whole lot but doing it won't hurt.

You should check all of your grounds as well, high RPM stumbling could be because a ground shakes loose at that frequency.

If this was an SR I'd say check your coil packs and coil pack harness. Since it isn't and your main ignition crap has been recently replaced you might want to go over everything you changed - like if you happened to of changed your fuel pump go and make sure all of the connections are good.

That being said it wouldn't hurt to go through all of your sensors and give them a good "shake test" (when the motors running shake the connectors w/ your hand and see if it effects the idling or if they feel loose, etc).

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote