Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:05 PM   #1
Stancyeze
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Stancyeze is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 SR Lean at Idle...

So basically back in November 2016 I finally got my SR swapped into my S14 with a RSEnthalpy tune for everything I have on the car (mic, 3in exhaust, stock MAF, stock injectors, 255 walboro, etc.) and the car ran flawlessly and the AFR's were perfect. Around 14.5 at idle and 11.5-12 under boost.

Here's where the lean part takes place... I tore the whole car down and rewired the entire chassis, took motor back out to paint my tube front/engine bay. Put everything back together and the car fired up. Noticed my AFR at idle wouldn't even read on my wideband at idle but if you rev it, it shows anywhere from 10.5-13.5 (this is with the car on a lift, so this was not in boost). Also, when starting up cold, it takes a while for the motor to finally crank over, you have to give it throttle for it to finally run and then it idles on 1-2 cylinders for 5-10 seconds then it idles fine. Also, when you first get it to start it AFR's are perfect at 14.5 for 5-10 seconds then they go off the charts lean.

Fuel pump is hardwired to 12v's at all times as well.

I've seen a lot of people with this problem, but no one has resolved it...
Stancyeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2017, 10:28 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
sounds like O2 sensor was damaged, try unplugging it.

that or you have a vacuum leak between maf and turbo
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:47 AM   #3
Stancyeze
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Stancyeze is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
sounds like O2 sensor was damaged, try unplugging it.

that or you have a vacuum leak between maf and turbo
I currently don't have a o2 hooked up, just the wideband. I can plug one in and see if it changes anything.
Stancyeze is offline   Reply With Quote