Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #31
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
also I would recommend this over PFC forever to infiniti
Im glad someone else said it. I sound too biased when I say it.

Quote:
how do I get a copy of the software? so I can tune people's nis-tunes?
we sale the individual user version for for $150 and it limits you to being able to access only 3 different address files and up to 5 different ecus. All of the features are there though, just limited use

And the full unlimited tuner version is $415 and it also has unlimited tuning through emmulators. So on daughter boarded consult ecus, you can have the consult port plugged in and have an emmulator on the daughter board and real time tune through the nistuen software similar as to how you would with a nistune board and then you just need to burn chips when your done. Lots of tuning shops use nistune for this as it is by far a superior platform than the free tuner programs. Nistune also works with calium rt boards.

If you were wanting the single version you can update later to the tuner version for a little more than the difference.

If you have any questions pm me. I dont want to jack his thread anymore.
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #32
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Hawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
s13

Hey, Brandon. Just talked to Andy a little while ago. I decided to get the consult now and go with the Nistune later when I am in Virginia. Just put the order in.

Thanks for your help last night with all my questions!

Did that S14 SR20DET FSM work for you? Like I said, it's not the best copy.
Hawaiian240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #33
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Cool, thanks for the order and hope to hear from you in the near future. The fsm looks good, I just looked at it. I can deal with it because I can actually read it and thats all that matters to me.

No problem for the help, Thats what Im here for
Old 01-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #34
endlessboost
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
endlessboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I talk to Brandon acouple of days ago about a nistune for my ka and he was extremely helpful. I don't know much about the tuning realm of the sr or ka world but he took his time in explaining how some off the stuff works. I dont even have an ecu from him yet but he was explaining how good they were and i was SOLD! Il def be getting a nistune from him in the next week or 2. My only question is, if i get my tune somewhat good and bring it to a tuner to have him fine polish it can i just bring the software to him with all my user information and use his laptop? Are you able to install the software on more than one computer?
endlessboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:35 PM   #35
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessboost View Post
I talk to Brandon acouple of days ago about a nistune for my ka and he was extremely helpful. I don't know much about the tuning realm of the sr or ka world but he took his time in explaining how some off the stuff works. I dont even have an ecu from him yet but he was explaining how good they were and i was SOLD! Il def be getting a nistune from him in the next week or 2. My only question is, if i get my tune somewhat good and bring it to a tuner to have him fine polish it can i just bring the software to him with all my user information and use his laptop? Are you able to install the software on more than one computer?
Thanks for the kind words, but I really dont want to jack the op's thread.
He started this thread in order to show how nicely his tune was done and just gave credit to the people and companies involved.
Please ask your questions here. I made that thread so I wont possible jack someones thread just for posing in it. Ill quote your questions and answere it there. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:32 AM   #36
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
Im glad someone else said it. I sound too biased when I say it.

we sale the individual user version for for $150 and it limits you to being able to access only 3 different address files and up to 5 different ecus. All of the features are there though, just limited use

And the full unlimited tuner version is $415 and it also has unlimited tuning through emmulators. So on daughter boarded consult ecus, you can have the consult port plugged in and have an emmulator on the daughter board and real time tune through the nistuen software similar as to how you would with a nistune board and then you just need to burn chips when your done. Lots of tuning shops use nistune for this as it is by far a superior platform than the free tuner programs. Nistune also works with calium rt boards.

If you were wanting the single version you can update later to the tuner version for a little more than the difference.

If you have any questions pm me. I dont want to jack his thread anymore.
I still think, and no disrespect that if you are truly serious - a Haltech EMS or Rytech Tomei plug and Play unit are the only bullet proof way to go.

Because in my experience as a dyno-tuner and having about 7-8 years experience just drag racing, blowing up, re-testing and finding all the limits of stock SR20s, a REAL-TIME fully programmable EMS is the end all.

Being able to adjust a parameter in real time and instantly see how it effects tractive effort and wheel force/energy on a brake-eddy dyno is what makes cars tuned in this fashion have several tens or hundreds more HP, more throttle response and especially more mechanical efficiency

If the Nis-Tune equipt board allows this then it might be the next best thing in PRICE to the power fc or similar units.

I do not see the software as a worthwhile investment for myself though and it really makes me think the people at Nis-Tune have not fully thought out their business model.

If I were them I would be issuing the full software to premier dyno tuners in order to make the unit more sourceable.

The only time i recommend against a certain EMS or unit for tuning is when the support is shrouded by the father company in order to give favoritism to only certian "dealer" shops or when the Unit is a hassle or cheaply made or backed.

I think offering the full unlocked tuner software to the number one tuners will make them a speaker box and more capable to offer their knowledge and services to customers and would also increase the chances in which a tuner recommends the product to thier clients as the EMS, because the Tuner will have backing from the Hardware installer/selling as well as support + background and proprietary knowledge of said hardware like Nis-Tune.

I would send this message up the chain if I were you/dealer or other relationship with Nis-Tune.

This remains to this day why I believe the Motec based HALTECH company has it right. Full open source software (you can go right now and download it and play with it) infitiite pin setups and full configurabilty and email support especially for tuners who recommend or use haltech on their own shop cars.

This is why they are a God in this particualar niche market. This is why I will always recommend them as the end all unit and by far the most efficient one to tune.

But for cost/benefit - if some adjustments were made to the strategy of the Nis-Tune business model, it might have shot as a 2nd tier competitor to lower placed products in this market.

So let's get that software out to the public and let's make the hardware installation, modification of ECUs and chips/parts the money maker for Nis-Tune.

but don't say I told them so
Old 01-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #37
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
Quote:
Being able to adjust a parameter in real time and instantly see how it effects tractive effort and wheel force/energy on a brake-eddy dyno is what makes cars tuned in this fashion have several tens or hundreds more HP, more throttle response and especially more mechanical efficiency

If the Nis-Tune equipt board allows this then it might be the next best thing in PRICE to the power fc or similar units.
Nistune does do this as long as your in "Tuner Mode", you can blow your shit up to if you wish in REALTIME to. You can tune on the fly and save on the fly.
UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #38
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

^^ Yes, but I believe that the points he is making is that some of the full standalones offer certain other things that nistune cannot due to it still being a modified stock ecu. You probably have higher than 16x16 resolution with the standalones he is used to working with and your stuck with 16x16 due to the stock ecu with nistune. This is no biggy to me and to most. With most standalones you can tune and operate your car map based and you cannot with nistune. Personally I like maf sensors better but that gets down to a preferance thing there, but no biggy to me then with nistune.

And steve, I know exactly what your saying as far as the software goes. I have discussed this with them well before I ever joined zilvia. I voiced my opinion on it that is going to be that. Its their business and im not going to try to interfere. People dont seem to mind paying for it so its no sweat off my back. What you might not know about nistune is that your not required to have a nistune board in order to tune your ecu with nistune. You can burn chips or use a calum rt board. So if they gave it away it could possibly hurt their business indefenatially. Writing a software program like this is not a simple task either and If he feels like being paid for his work then that is up to him. Also, the nistune program is still under allot of developement. Once its 100% complete its highly possible that there might be a free version that will allow you to tune YOUR (1) nistune board and no chip tuning or saving and modifying bins for bench tuning purposes, but this is just speculation on my part.
The point is, this business model may not be the final one. Nistune is just now really catching on and it really hasnt been out long either. This year alone it has probably tripled in popularity, sales, and dealers for it. He is probably spending close to what he takes in on engines, ecus, cars, and other equipment just to perfect the whole nistune package.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #39
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Great, well I am glad that you are in a position to give direct feedback.

This is what made Haltech so good over the last several years too, is allowing good open channels of feedback from the distributors and tuners on technical and business strategy even.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #40
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

My car was sponsored by NIStune even before I sold nistune to anyone, I made a few sales and then ended up becoming a dealer through my friends business AVP. Anyways, I do chat with Pete Liebig (plms) and Matt Brown (NIStune) often through emails. I dont want to unwelcome myself though, as they have been great to me so far. Im positive supply and demand is a huge factor as well.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #41
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Damn I want one to replace my emanage. The price point is perfect, but I like to be able to change settings without a laptop all the time... Oh wellz...
Old 02-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #42
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
nice info. z31 guys love nistune. nice to see its available for sr's. def subscribed.

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 02-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #43
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Teambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to all
So you make 300rwhp out of a standard turbo with standard cams and cat?

wow.. so foolish.

I wonder why we can't make 220rwph from this?? must be a super-high reading dyno?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:34 AM   #44
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Its a t28 douche bag. The 300hp mark gets hit regularly in aus, japan, peru wherever with a t28.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:48 AM   #45
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Teambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to all
300 at the engine,
sure.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:52 AM   #46
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

235 RWKW 17.35PSI

aka 314rwhp which is what this car made.

That is 3Kw less then what my friend makes with his 2871R, Jun 264.11.6mm lift cams and 18psi boost.

wow.. AWSOME!! Im Jelous your dyno reads high!!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:03 AM   #47
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
I like how it's impossible for you to believe that maybe YOUR dyno is wrong.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #48
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
OR - that he just sucks.

No worries tho - hes a liar....

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:10 AM   #49
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
I like how it's impossible for you to believe that maybe YOUR dyno is wrong.
shinji minowa makes 290rwhp or so with his s15 turbo, 280degree camshafts 12.5mm lift, solid lifters, and high boost, ported head chambers.

its definately your dyno's.. the Dynojet ones
Old 02-10-2009, 07:45 AM   #50
djcobra
Zilvia Junkie

djcobra is making a name for him/her selfdjcobra is making a name for him/her selfdjcobra is making a name for him/her self
For some reason i'm having trouble believing those dyno numbers, but who am i to judge or say such things. I've always thought that getting over the 300whp club you will need cams, but from your dyno graph you've proved me wrong.

My current Setup:

S14 Kouki SR motor
GT28RS
HKS Step 2 Cams 256in/264ex
HKS Step 2 Valve Springs
HKS 555cc Injectors
Splitfire Coils
Apexi Metal Gasket 1.1mm
Peakformance Retainers
3" HKS hi Power catback
Z32 MAF
Power FC
Blitz FMIC

bleh bleh, and it yield around ~330whp at 14.75 psi on dynojet CF: SAE Smoothing: 5.

The car was tuned by a legit HKS dealer here in Calgary who apparently tunes cars with PowerFC without any issues.

Anyways, kudos to you, but i'm going to favor my Aussie mate...

Steve.

Last edited by djcobra; 02-10-2009 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: edited...
djcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #51
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Haha yeah, id personallly be saying your dyno reads quite high too but considering you have step 2 cams and what not it might be possible!! the 28RS is just about the same size as a HKS GT2530 and they seem to be making 300-330rwhp with similar mods to you!! however on alow 15psi well done to you man!!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #52
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
I'm also a Nistune owner and have very little experience in the realm of tuning. One thing I do like about the Nistune is the consult gauges and display. Being able to see check engine codes or faulty sensors has been a huge help in the search for electrical gremlins. Once I get a little more comfortable with the software, I was thinking of doing a small walk through of the Nistune system up and running on a car. I really think it would help its popularity.

djcobra, those are good numbers but to be expected. You've hit the limit of that turbo. I had a similar setup and made 330rwhp @ 15psi and 18psi, but the power came on faster at 18. I've since switched to the FP 20G; I've seen 350rwhp @ ~15psi on a few setups. Mines almost broken in, so I'll post some results soon

BTW: Brandon @ AVP is a beast. Very knowledgeable and not a dick in the process. I've referred his name/shop everywhere I can.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote