Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #7081
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sIXtravisty View Post
You need to adjust your brake light switch, or possibly replace the rubber stopper on the part of the pedal that contacts the switch.
thanks. I figured it had something to do with the brake light switch.
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #7082
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxowner View Post
will an oem fuel pump work on an sr blacktop? My car is an s13 and i took off a walbro gss341. will the oem have enough fuel pressure?
Why would you take a Wlabro off in place of stock?

Stock will work, so long as you stay at STOCK boost.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:17 PM   #7083
muffler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
muffler is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ok so tranny fluid people say stay away from gl5 others say its a myth..can i use it temporarily for about a month and then put in the redline gl4 shit since i already bought the fluid and cant return it and want to get my swap done
muffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:31 PM   #7084
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
GL4 is the only way to fly. I too didn't believe it made any difference, but ever since going back to GL4 I now know why. I use Redline MT90

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 07-31-2011, 08:53 PM   #7085
dillardkid121
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
dillardkid121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Ok my car isn't starting. I'm pretty convinced it's my starter. I just put in a brand new battery. The solenoid in the starter isn't even kicking? Could it be the wiring? It's a 1993 240sx with a redtop sr
dillardkid121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:00 PM   #7086
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
what to use for power steering... p/w steering fluid or ATF....????
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:17 PM   #7087
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^ ATF.

msglngth
Old 07-31-2011, 09:27 PM   #7088
muffler
Zilvia Junkie

wait what?!?!? ^ someone please explain
Old 07-31-2011, 09:32 PM   #7089
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffler View Post
wait what?!?!? ^ someone please explain
ATF for power steering, GL4 for your transmission. Replying to separate posters. If you have GL5 and need to get rolling, you can use it in the gap. You'll probably decide it's not worth the effort to change out and roll on it until your next change, which will probably be overlooked, etc. etc.

Not trying to be an ass, but face it. It happens. A lot.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:33 PM   #7090
muffler
Zilvia Junkie

not tryn to double post like crazy but i ment why use ATF for powersteering..why not use ps fluid?
Old 07-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #7091
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffler View Post
not tryn to double post like crazy but i ment why use ATF for powersteering..why not use ps fluid?
Because they are different oil weights. PS will leak out the seals and destroy the bearings over time.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:40 PM   #7092
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Because they are different oil weights. PS will leak out the seals and destroy the bearings over time.
In addition, most ATF has seal conditioners and detergent effects so it's a double benefit.

PS Fluid shouldn't even be manufactured anymore, don't know why they bother.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:53 PM   #7093
muffler
Zilvia Junkie

thanks so much and one more thing im installing my fuel lines back on..does the hose coming from fuel filter go to the top or bottom metal part on the fuel rail
Old 08-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #7094
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
PS Fluid shouldn't even be manufactured anymore, don't know why they bother.
GM keeps those factories running

Old 08-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #7095
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
I learned this the hard way. ATF Dexron II is all I rock
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #7096
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
thank you gentlemen...... i thought so about ATF, but oh well... time to replace my rack...
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #7097
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
These mirrors, what exactly are they, and where can i find them?

http://footnort.files.wordpress.com/.../one-style.jpg
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #7098
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillardkid121 View Post
Ok my car isn't starting. I'm pretty convinced it's my starter. I just put in a brand new battery. The solenoid in the starter isn't even kicking? Could it be the wiring?
I already gave you several things to check out. look back a page or two. you also don't mention whether it is manual or auto.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #7099
Fearell
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Fearell is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I want to take care of some pitting/cracks in an old pignose bumper. Does anybody have advice for that or know what type of plastic the bumper is made of so I can buy the correct plastic repair product?
Old 08-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #7100
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukasss View Post
These mirrors, what exactly are they, and where can i find them?

[url]http://footnort.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/one-style.jpg/url]
Ebay/Origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearell View Post
I want to take care of some pitting/cracks in an old pignose bumper. Does anybody have advice for that or know what type of plastic the bumper is made of so I can buy the correct plastic repair product?
Use a nice self etching filler primer after sanding. It will fill the pits. If your re-painting the whole thing I suggest you take it down to the actual abs plastic before priming and painting. A lot of the pits/cracks are just in the first few layers of paint.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00

Last edited by Wake; 08-01-2011 at 04:30 PM..
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #7101
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks sir
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:32 AM   #7102
Hyperhockeydude
BANNED

Hyperhockeydude is an unknown quantity at this point
tire ate through the s14 chassis harness and i've been repairing/ re routing it but there are two red wires. Needing to know which pin is the egi so i don't connect to the wrong red wire??? Tried to search and couldn't find it
Hyperhockeydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:14 AM   #7103
towlie
Post Whore!

towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Try one. If it doesn't work, cut it and try the other lol
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #7104
machuca212
Leaky Injector

machuca212 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey my car shut off me twice both times while i pushed the clutch in and rolled to a stop light. the rpms would just drop all the way and the car would cut off. i have a 92 vert with a manual trans, motor is stock. i wondering if you guys had any idea what my problem might be. also im not sure if this problem is related but when im in 1st and 2nd the car kind of hesitates when i push the gas like its not receiving a constant flow of gas-->(thinking this has to do with my egr and carbon build up) thanks
machuca212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #7105
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
The other day I noticed a whirring sound when I was sitting in neutral. When I pressed the clutch pedal, the sound went away. Releasing the clutch pedal and the sound returned. Behaves the opposite of when I had a bad throwout bearing. Input bearing? (redtop SR)
Old 08-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #7106
codyace
Post Whore!

Input shaft bearings are known to go bad on SR20/KA transmissions, that's usually when the sound comes...it's usually very noticable though, not a mild wrr

Old 08-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #7107
cured13
Zilvia Addict

cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
OEM FPR's good for upgraded sr20det

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways90 View Post
Ive have a friend that keeps telling me i can go to the junk yard and use any fuel pressure regulator off any nissan for my sr. is this correct if so it would save me some time and money. If any of you guys have used a ka/vq/srDE/vg/vh fpr for your sr please let me know.
+1
is there any OEM FPR's that can be used/good on upgraded sr20det (~300hp)
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #7108
timinthehood
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (23)
timinthehood is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Ok, so my ps pressure line started leaking, replaced it with a new oem one, and it blew again, what could be causing that? bad pump?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #7109
supramon808
Zilvia Member

supramon808 is a well-known jackass
sry for going offtopic..anyone running 2 after market catchcans in their s13 sr20dets...
heres a link to DSMs The 4G63T PCV System - DSM Forums which is similar to sr20dets... using 2 catch can setups..

i mean cuz i bought a oil catch can from a local and realize the fitting s are 9mm.....the usual setup for sr20dets runs 15mm going from the exhaust side of the valve cover to catch and to intake after the maf... now i was wondering if the 9mm can be used for the pcv valve side (intake side of the cover) resulting into 2 catch can...is that overkill or its ok....would running jes the exhaust side setup be enough..i dnt want to waste this catch can..its a bitch to sell too...any info would be much appreciated
supramon808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #7110
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
+1
is there any OEM FPR's that can be used/good on upgraded sr20det (~300hp)
No. Get a Nismo one for OEM fitment. They are only like 100 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timinthehood View Post
Ok, so my ps pressure line started leaking, replaced it with a new oem one, and it blew again, what could be causing that? bad pump?
Odd that it would blow a new pressure hose. Perhaps a clogged rack? A bad pump won't make it over pressurize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supramon808 View Post
sry for going offtopic..anyone running 2 after market catchcans in their s13 sr20dets... ...would running jes the exhaust side setup be enough..i dnt want to waste this catch can..its a bitch to sell too...any info would be much appreciated
From our PM

In regard to the twin catch can setup, I run the factory type setup. That is, PCV on passenger side going to the intake. On the driver side, I have the rear block vent going up into the OEM oil/air seperator, from that seperator to the valve cover T, from the other side of the valve cover T to a catch can, and then from another bung on teh catch can back to the intake tract before turbo. That setup is exactly as OEM should be, and works exceptionally well!

Here is another thread from Slider2828 regarding all sorts of catch can knowledge. Dare I say the ultimate catch can thread?
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/235851...can-setup.html