Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 10-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
milesprwr

Trader Rating: (0)
milesprwr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'91 Hatchback for sale (part out as a whole)

Hey All,

I've got a '91 Hatchback SE with a salvage title up for sale. Basically what I'm hoping to do is sell the car for parts but just sell the whole thing because I don't have room in my garage for another car. Let me give you the low down.

Want to sell it because the repair/replacement are just too costly for me to justify fixing it back up. Don't have the title on hand yet, waiting for the transferred title to come in the mail.

Lots of things that are wrong with the car, I don't necessarily want to shoot myself in the foot with this sale but I want you all to be throughly informed (because I felt was not when I purchased this). I also rushed the purchase so it's mostly my fault =(

Bads:
Gas tank leaking - I wasn't aware of this one but still drove the car around for like 100 miles and realized something was up when I got horrible mileage. Never found gas leaking on to the floor of my garage, since it's small enough where it must dry up before it can actually accumalte to drip off of the car.

Power Steering Leak - I wasn't even aware of this. Took my car to the dealer and they said there is one so I'm taking their word on it.

Exhaust manifold - must be leaking as well as you can smell exhaust from around the area.

Driver's side fender damage - looks like it was hit early, looking behind it I found minor frame damage(?) I'm not exactly sure how to describe it and it's difficult to take some good pictures but I'll show you the pictures that I have. Because I'm kind of a perfectionist, I want to work on a car with a flawless (or near flawless) frame. Also needs an alignment.

Bouncy ride, stock suspension must be blown.

The Good:
KA24DE w/ ~112k miles - Nothing wrong with the engine itself - runs great (idled at ~1.1k RPM though - asked on the tech talk forums and it was suggested that I take a look at the vacuum lines)

5 Spd Transmission - Runs great! No grinding or any problems in any of the gears. However the speed sensor is not working.

No Rust - removed most of the rear spoiler to discover to rust on the hatch. Also, where the spare tire is there is no rust either.

Rear Tires - brand new! Put on and balanced and have less than 100 miles on them.

Looking to sell/trade the car as a whole to be used as a spare parts car or for someone who wants the engine and transmission.

Asking for $1500 or trade +cash (looking for another 240 in better condition than this one haha ) You can either have it towed or you can drive it away since it's driveable, it all depends on how comfortable you are knowing that there is a leak in the fuel tank!

I'll have pictures up in a few hours!

You can contact me: pm, [email protected], or cell (224) 595-6635

If I'm leaving any thing out please let me know and I'll update ASAP.
milesprwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links