Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-08-2023, 04:42 PM   #1
Dsmturbo

Trader Rating: (0)
Dsmturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Back up switch to short

I need to pass a brake light inspection to put vehicle under my name and I have been chasing down my back up lights I installed a new switch but I will not work when put in reverse. If I remove the switch and press the switch the light will work. I put an extension and yes when put in reverse it pushes it out. It?s almost like it?s not long enough to activate the switch. Any ideas? How would I extend the button?
Dsmturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2023, 10:59 PM   #2
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I had same issue with a replacement switch I got from Advance. I grabbed one from the dealership and it was longer and worked properly.
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 06:12 AM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I had this issue for a long time, and something with my chassis wiring was not happy. Its a two wire switch, so its just power and ground. Wired it straight to the tail lights.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 11:29 PM   #4
dlyaverablyamit

Trader Rating: (0)
dlyaverablyamit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsmturbo View Post
Drift Boss said:I need to pass a brake light inspection to put vehicle under my name and I have been chasing down my back up lights I installed a new switch but I will not work when put in reverse. If I remove the switch and press the switch the light will work. I put an extension and yes when put in reverse it pushes it out. It?s almost like it?s not long enough to activate the switch. Any ideas? How would I extend the button?
To extend the button on a brake light switch for better activation, you can try the following steps:Start by locating the brake light switch, which is usually located near the top of the brake pedal assembly. Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the switch from its mounting bracket->Determine how much longer the button needs to be in order to properly activate the switch. You can do this by manually pressing the switch and observing the distance it needs to travel to activate the lights.Attach the extension to the end of the brake light switch button. Ensure that it is securely fastened and will not come loose during operation.
dlyaverablyamit is offline   Reply With Quote