Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-28-2014, 01:25 AM   #16831
DKnissanman
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DKnissanman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i cant find r154 shifter or flywheel for 1jz

thanks if anyone knows any hook ups.
DKnissanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2014, 08:55 AM   #16832
rebornS14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
rebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rebornS14
Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
Are s13 and s14 stainless rear brake lines interchangable?

yes they are the same as long as it's a stock caliper. carside fitment is the same, the caliper side will change if your using Z32, R33, Z33 calipers but otherwise stock S13, S14 calipers will be the same.

you could have easily looked up a vendor site and check to see what they list for fitment on such

http://www.frsport.com/DIF-10098-Sta...-_p_24131.html

clearly lists "S13 and S14"
Old 06-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #16833
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
OK, anyone have expereince with:

Enjuku ISIS Radiator package Deal(comes with ISIS radiator, silicone hoses, and two zip tie fans

I have the radiator in, and have the Enjuku Fan Controller...here goes the issues...

The Fan Controller has easy to see

Red +
Black -
Yellow IGNITION +
Green AC+
Blue Fan1/2 HIGH
Orange Fan1/2 LOW

OE has four wires in a grey plug with different colors, and a small four wire plug right next to it on the fan harness

The Package fans have two wires on each fan, Blue and Black

Here is where I get lost. Does the blue controller wire go to fan blue and orange controller wire to fan black?

Where exactly do you connect RED to the Battery + ?

Where is the Ignition Switch + Wire to splice in to?

Where does the AC+ green controller hook in to(AC, no kidding, but what wire?)

If the diagrams and stuff all described exactly wehre each of these wires goes, I would not be here. Anyone use this stuff before?
Old 06-28-2014, 03:09 PM   #16834
OneManDeep
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
OneManDeep is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Im looking for a way to remove an s13 KA24de lower timing tensioner without removing the lower timing cover. Im in a jam and removing the accessories, dropping the pan, or the x member isnt really an option atm. Any ideas would be appreciated.
The tensioner has failed, the piston is stuck inside, im guessing the spring is the cause.
OneManDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #16835
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Anyone know how to install the s15 shift knob around the S14 boot? The knob and flared out portion on the bottom are way too large to fit through the shift boot hole and the knob itself does not appear to come apart.

nvm... had to fold the boot inside out and stretch the shit out of it
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:01 AM   #16836
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
if I want to run e85 for my ka-t car do I have to change fuel lines? I know I'll have to be tuned for it as well as an aftermarket fuel pump. what all goes into it? thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #16837
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
OK, anyone have expereince with:

Enjuku ISIS Radiator package Deal(comes with ISIS radiator, silicone hoses, and two zip tie fans

I have the radiator in, and have the Enjuku Fan Controller...here goes the issues...

The Fan Controller has easy to see

Red +
Black -
Yellow IGNITION +
Green AC+
Blue Fan1/2 HIGH
Orange Fan1/2 LOW

OE has four wires in a grey plug with different colors, and a small four wire plug right next to it on the fan harness

The Package fans have two wires on each fan, Blue and Black

Here is where I get lost. Does the blue controller wire go to fan blue and orange controller wire to fan black?

Where exactly do you connect RED to the Battery + ?

Where is the Ignition Switch + Wire to splice in to?

Where does the AC+ green controller hook in to(AC, no kidding, but what wire?)

If the diagrams and stuff all described exactly wehre each of these wires goes, I would not be here. Anyone use this stuff before?
-Red is to an always on power. Fused battery
-Black is to ground.
-Ignition goes to a switched power source. When the key is in the ON position. Keeps the fan from coming on when the car is off. Saves battery and safety.
-Green is to a wire that has + when the AC is on. Turns the fans on when the AC is on.
-Orange and Blue are the positive lines for the fans. The Fan negative leads go to a suitable chassis ground. With dual fans you hook one up to blue and one up to orange and ground the negative leads. In a puller configuration the blue lead should be positive and the black negative. But, check the instructions to make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManDeep View Post
Im looking for a way to remove an s13 KA24de lower timing tensioner without removing the lower timing cover. Im in a jam and removing the accessories, dropping the pan, or the x member isnt really an option atm. Any ideas would be appreciated.
The tensioner has failed, the piston is stuck inside, im guessing the spring is the cause.
You are going to be lucky to get the lower cover off without having to pull the head. It has to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vJilly View Post
if I want to run e85 for my ka-t car do I have to change fuel lines? I know I'll have to be tuned for it as well as an aftermarket fuel pump. what all goes into it? thanks.

Hardlines no, Rubber lines you will want to invest in some Bio-Fuel(Ethanol/Bio-Diesel) safe lines.

With my boosted motor having rising fuel pressures the stock lines just started to go with E10. I spent a month replacing fuel lines as they went(weeping). Replace one and then it would move to another line. I wish I would have just replaced them when redoing the fuel system the first time.

I got some Viton lines from Napa. They don't always have them in stock so I would have to order and wait after I cleaned them out the first time. I forget the CARB and EPA # on them. They did say "Multi-fuel & Bio-Fuel safe" on them. Not all parts counter guys know about them because E85 is relatively new and post 1994 fuel lines "should" work with E10+. The synthetic lines have only been around for a few years. Why I ended up at Napa because that was the only place that knew WTF I was taking about.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #16838
heiyuu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
heiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
would s14 roll bar fit in s13 hatchback or what mods would be needed to make it work?
Old 06-30-2014, 07:31 PM   #16839
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Question regarding converting my Convertible to 5 speed.

I bought a five speed wire harness from 2tonecoupegirl and now I'm thinking she sent me a wrong harness.

(NOT MY PICTURE)

Everything connects fine, except for the two sensors I circled red, the harness just doesn't have the plugs for them and the harness it self doesn't look cut either.

There is no male plug for the crankshaft sensor and no plug for the other sensor, not sure what it's called.

Can someone please help me out, should I just look for another harness? Please keep in mind that this is a convertible 240sx.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #16840
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konster View Post
Question regarding converting my Convertible to 5 speed.

I bought a five speed wire harness from 2tonecoupegirl and now I'm thinking she sent me a wrong harness.

(NOT MY PICTURE)

Everything connects fine, except for the two sensors I circled red, the harness just doesn't have the plugs for them and the harness it self doesn't look cut either.

There is no male plug for the crankshaft sensor and no plug for the other sensor, not sure what it's called.

Can someone please help me out, should I just look for another harness? Please keep in mind that this is a convertible 240sx.
-You have a S14 transmission there. You shouldn't need a crank sensor on a S13.
-That's a S14 VSS too. The S13 VSS has a long cable on it.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:22 PM   #16841
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
-You have a S14 transmission there. You shouldn't need a crank sensor on a S13.
-That's a S14 VSS too. The S13 VSS has a long cable on it.
Thanks for the reply that's not my picture though. I will post a picture of my transmission once I get a chance.

Are you sure I won't need that sensor? And what about the other sensor?
Old 07-01-2014, 08:22 AM   #16842
David48
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to David48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konster View Post
Thanks for the reply that's not my picture though. I will post a picture of my transmission once I get a chance.

Are you sure I won't need that sensor? And what about the other sensor?
You said you have a vert. S13s don't have the sensor at the top of the transmission. If your transmission came out of an s14 it's no big deal. You can pull the sensor and sell it to someone with an s14 or just leave it in there. No harm.

The other circle is for the speed sensor. If you have an s14 transmission you need to replace the speed sensor with one from an s13. It'll have a long harness that plugs into your lower harness I believe around the bell housing area, like S14db said
Old 07-01-2014, 10:15 AM   #16843
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David48 View Post
You said you have a vert. S13s don't have the sensor at the top of the transmission. If your transmission came out of an s14 it's no big deal. You can pull the sensor and sell it to someone with an s14 or just leave it in there. No harm.

The other circle is for the speed sensor. If you have an s14 transmission you need to replace the speed sensor with one from an s13. It'll have a long harness that plugs into your lower harness I believe around the bell housing area, like S14db said
Thanks. Before I go spending money I just want to make sure. Will the s13 manual VSS sensor fit on my S14 transmission? And if it does will it work properly?

I been searching for over two hours and can't reLly find anything solid info on this, thanks in advance.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #16844
David48
Zilvia Addict

Yes it will fit right in. You can probably get more money for the S14 sensor than you'll spend on an S13 one, by the way.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #16845
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks again man!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #16846
az_240
Post Whore!

az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Does the s14 SR trans come with that sensor on top of the bellhousing?

Cuz mine doesn't have that....
Old 07-01-2014, 09:36 PM   #16847
az_240
Post Whore!

double post .
Old 07-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #16848
David48
Zilvia Addict

Long story short: What all is involved and replacing just one stock piston rod?

I'm rebuilding a redtop SR bottom end. This is my first time doing anything like this. It spun a bearing on cylinder #4. I took the crank to the machine shop and it had to be cut because it was .001" under tolerance. I ordered new main and rod bearings. I just realized the #4 rod had some scoring under the bearing, and some scratches deep enough for my finger nail to get caught. What are my options now? Is it something the machine shop has to take care of or can I just grab a rod out of another SR and slap it in?
Old 07-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #16849
Sil80yo

Sil80yo is an unknown quantity at this point
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Having some trouble getting my car to idle correctly. I've googled everything about adjusting the tps and I just can't get it right. There are no leaks in the intake, no vacuum or boost leaks, the maf is good, spark plugs are good, 38-40 psi fuel pressure. My throttle pedal feels soft and doesn't drive right. It idles around 2k and drives as if it's in safe mode. Anyone have any input?
Motor is a Redtop sr

Sil80yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #16850
the-rusty-240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
the-rusty-240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
First off what motor is in your car??? If its a ka id adjust the idle air control valve.
the-rusty-240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #16851
Sil80yo

Sil80yo is an unknown quantity at this point
It's a Redtop sr. I've tried to adjust the iacv and it doesn't do anything but make the idle higher

Sil80yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #16852
white95zenki
Leaky Injector

white95zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
My 1995 s14 is throwing out cel codes that are for the oxygen sensors and knock sensors. I also have a 1994 Altima can i use the oxygen sensors and knock sensors off the Altima on my s14 to pass smog?
white95zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:13 AM   #16853
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Anyone here use Rotella T5 10W-30 on a stock ka??? any feedbacks?
Old 07-03-2014, 06:41 AM   #16854
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by David48 View Post
Long story short: What all is involved and replacing just one stock piston rod?

I'm rebuilding a redtop SR bottom end. This is my first time doing anything like this. It spun a bearing on cylinder #4. I took the crank to the machine shop and it had to be cut because it was .001" under tolerance. I ordered new main and rod bearings. I just realized the #4 rod had some scoring under the bearing, and some scratches deep enough for my finger nail to get caught. What are my options now? Is it something the machine shop has to take care of or can I just grab a rod out of another SR and slap it in?
First, STOP reading HipHopHippo's 'How to work on a S Chassis' posts.
You just had your crank remachined, balanced, and bluprinted. The Connecting Rods in your engine are BALANCED to one another. In order to have the reciprocating mass of the engine properly balance to avoid severe engine killing vibration, you MUST balance ALL FOUR rods together.
In the case of a V8, this is always done at a shop, with PISTONS, and Piston Pins included, so that all parts may be balanced together.
My Crystal ball shows you taking parts to the machine shop because you want your sweet little square bored engine to run right, and not hand grenade because you didn't properly balance the internal reciprocating mass.

Be warned, someone is probably going to answer this saying go ahead and do it. This individual may or may not say he has been around s-chassis for a ling time, but an engine is an engine is an engine. They all behave the same, and internally balanced crank, rods, and pistons make or break an engine.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #16855
PedroJG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
PedroJG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I want to buy a fan shroud for my s13 but i have an isis aluminum radiator. Would the stock s13 fan shroud fit? The reason i'm asking is because i don't really want to get electric fans and i like the look of a fan shroud in the engine bay.
PedroJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #16856
David48
Zilvia Addict

Okay I have one more question on this SR bottom end rebuild. The rod caps somehow got out of order. They have numbers 1-4 on the top so I thought that's what cylinder they went to. After reading a write up on NICO I now see it's the numbers on the side that indicate the cylinder.

Now my question is, do the numbers on the side of the cap have to be on the same side as the number on the rod? I set all the caps on the rods based on the orientation of the numbers on top of them, but now cylinders 2 and 3 caps have the numbers on the opposite side as the rod. Can anyone please shed some light on this?

example:
Cylinder 1 with what I now believe is cylinder 2's cap

Then cylinder 3 with the number on the cap on the opposite side of the number on the rod, even though the "3" on the top is in the same orientation as all of the other caps. Cylinder 2 is the same thing
Old 07-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #16857
heiyuu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
heiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by heiyuu View Post
would s14 roll bar fit in s13 hatchback or what mods would be needed to make it work?
Anyone have an answer to this?

My buddy took the 5 pt roll bar out of his s14 and wants to sell it to me FOR CHEAP.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #16858
David48
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiyuu View Post
Anyone have an answer to this?

My buddy took the 5 pt roll bar out of his s14 and wants to sell it to me FOR CHEAP.
Is it a bolt in roll bar? What brand?
Old 07-05-2014, 01:57 PM   #16859
az_240
Post Whore!

Will these cams work with VTC on a S14 SR? Tomei PonCam 143044. Seems to be conflicting info when searching.
http://www.frsport.com/Tomei-143044-...m_p_12647.html
Old 07-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #16860
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
any sneaky ways to get an s13 sr20 transmission dust shield/plate/cover on with the clutch/flywheel already installed?
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote