Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbberish View Post
1.) Smaller diameter wheel/tire combo?
2.) Check them grounds. Similar thing happened in my MR2 randomly so I sanded/cleaned up the grounds and it never happened again.
16" with 205/45. They came with 16" from the factory so there's either something else wrong or I'm grossly underestimating the wheel/tire combo.

I figured it might be something with my grounds but I'm just putting it off until I have more time to dedicate to it.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:39 PM   #2
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
16" with 205/45. They came with 16" from the factory so there's either something else wrong or I'm grossly underestimating the wheel/tire combo.

I figured it might be something with my grounds but I'm just putting it off until I have more time to dedicate to it.
You need to swap in an S13 speed sensor. They read differently. The S14 SR came with a 3.69 final drive, most swaps in the U.S. keep the 4.x FD, so the RPMs will be high at highway speeds. Do you have a gps app that can verify how fast you're going at 3,000 rpm in 5th?
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:59 AM   #3
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
You need to swap in an S13 speed sensor. They read differently. The S14 SR came with a 3.69 final drive, most swaps in the U.S. keep the 4.x FD, so the RPMs will be high at highway speeds. Do you have a gps app that can verify how fast you're going at 3,000 rpm in 5th?
I clocked 52MPH at 3000 RPM.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I appreciate you helping me narrow things down.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:02 PM   #4
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I clocked 52MPH at 3000 RPM.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I appreciate you helping me narrow things down.

You might have one of those 4.625 final drives (check killer2001's fs threads as he has some) I think. I might be off on the exact number but it sounds a little too high.

My Subaru has the stock 16's with 205/55/r16 and with a 4.44 final drive (the fifth gear ratio was .7 something, slightly higher number than the .759 in the s14 tranny)

5th gear

-2000 rpm is like 43 mph

-2700 rpm is 60 mph

Speedo reads pretty accurate. Do you have those speed monitoring poles in your city? That's what I use to verify speed

Also for the starting issue, do you dump the clutch to the floor when you start it?
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote