Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
Idk...Cameron

Trader Rating: (0)
Idk...Cameron is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Just another reason to not buy a ford...

So im currently 18 and want a 240 ( Sil40=) but no job+no money= a sh**ty ass free ford so until I find either of these im stuck.

So anyway I was about to go to a basketball game about 20 minutes ago and i try to start my car. Thats right you guessed it it doesn't start. It just sits there flickers lights and sputters while the alarm goes off and the only way I can get it to stop is to disconnect the battery. Now it sits in the rain with a broken alarm system, a leak in the trunk where it floods in the heavy rain and FWD.

I need a 240.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
bummer.

Hopefully one day soon you can get the car that you want.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
VQMaxFan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
VQMaxFan is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
dont act like a 20 year old nissan is gonna run any better, my 240 has nearly left me stranded SEVERAL times lol and its 14 years old....
Old 12-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
be happy you got a free car you whining little girl...

advice

stop bitching
get a job
suck it up
fix your car

works everytime

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
Old 12-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like you need a Civic or Corrolla, not a shit-bucket these cars are becoming from day to day. A 20-year-old car is gonna solve all lifes issues!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idk...Cameron View Post
So im currently 18 and want a 240 ( Sil40=) but no job+no money= a sh**ty ass free ford so until I find either of these im stuck.

So anyway I was about to go to a basketball game about 20 minutes ago and i try to start my car. Thats right you guessed it it doesn't start. It just sits there flickers lights and sputters while the alarm goes off and the only way I can get it to stop is to disconnect the battery. Now it sits in the rain with a broken alarm system, a leak in the trunk where it floods in the heavy rain and FWD.

I need a 240.

Cool story Bro.
Whatcha eatin for dinner?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idk...Cameron View Post

I need a 240.
twitter.com
blogspot.com

Utilize those two links.

You act as if cars never break.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
Idk...Cameron

Idk...Cameron is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
be happy you got a free car you whining little girl...

advice

stop bitching
get a job
suck it up
fix your car

works everytime
It's not like im not looking for one im applying to places every day and can't find anything.

Btw your really good at giving advice in an awesome kind way !
Old 12-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #9
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
i would say something but probably get pinked for it
Old 12-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #10
Xbroke_kidX
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Xbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her selfXbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xbroke_kidX
Built Ford tough!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #11
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
oh no, the car your parents graciously gave you is malfunctioning? it'll probably be an hour or two before your parents get a tow truck to take it to a shop so your parents can pay to have it fixed so you can continue going places that aren't a job! how awful for you!
i hope you're at least practicing drifting in your free car that gets free maintenance and has free gas in the tank. p.s. allowance is sweet!

oh, and about ford, let me tell you, they suck suck suck! for instance, one time in the cold, my F150 was idling funny when i started it! and i was like, UH, HELLO, FIX OR REPAIR DAILY AM I RIGHT?
and then this other time, my 40 year old Galaxie, you won't believe this... i turned the key, and it DID NOT START! it's like, uh, HELLO!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #12
sacco sideways
BANNED

sacco sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
Give this kid a break fool, he never said his parents pay for everything nor did he even say he got it from his parents. That's just your assumption like how I assume your fucking pathetic for baging on a kid who is just venting about how he doesn't have a job or a reliable car. Grow up !
Old 12-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #13
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
azndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
All my cars have had minor problems, but my ford ranger lasted a long ass time. well over 200k miles and it was still strong. The only reason all of these 240's out there are shitboxes and run like shit is because most people abuse the fuck out of them, don't maintain them, and are too poor to do maintenance. That's when they start acting like shit.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #14
IHasLongTorso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
IHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Ive been there bro. it sucks just keep looking for a joby and get the car you want.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:04 PM   #15
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacco sideways View Post
Give this kid a break fool, he never said his parents pay for everything nor did he even say he got it from his parents. That's just your assumption like how I assume your fucking pathetic for baging on a kid who is just venting about how he doesn't have a job or a reliable car. Grow up !
where did i "bag" on him? i simply agreed that fords are junk, and was sympathetic to his plight
Old 12-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #16
dert420sx
Zilvia Junkie

dert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant future
yet another example of how our beloved car is becoming the new civic. zomgmyfirstcarisjdmbro!

mine is a 95. 2009 - 1995 = 14 fucking years! even with my diligent maintenance of the car, it still died on me a few times on the freeway.
do you really think your life would be golden because you bought an econobox from at least a decade and a half ago?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #17
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
screw a civic, get a camry, those fuckers just wont die!
Old 12-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #18
240sxrb25
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
240sxrb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i feel bad for ya, its sucks being given a car. oh, and 3 of my 4 240's have had leaks in the truck. either dried out taillight sealant, or previous damage on the quarters and the gas door wasnt sealed up again. we should chat later on about your terrible situation! i like talking to others about their lack of job and money.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #19
240sxrb25
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
240sxrb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideWell View Post
screw a civic, get a camry, those fuckers just wont die!

yes sir!! i just got a 95 avalon for the winter and it just rolled over 200k and runs like new.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #20
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Screw a camry, get a fixie.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #21
EchaKqulo
Leaky Injector

EchaKqulo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Screw a camry, get a fixie.
Screw a Fixie, get a Yugo!
Old 12-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #22
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I had a ford, i loved it, 2002 focus(sohc) great on gas, cheap to fix, and looked decent(lowered on some 17's) but sadly i wrecked into a tree doing 50mph, weird thing is the air bags didnt go off... hmmm....
Old 12-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #23
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideWell View Post
screw a civic, get a Benz Diesel, those fuckers just wont die!
^^
Fixed

Anyway, do we even know what kind of Ford this is? Lots of older Fords are significantly more reliable than an S-chassis (which is above average to begin with).

Anyway, any benz with an OM616-617 diesel will run for seven figure mileage and take untold abuse. That doesn't necessarily mean you want one. Why do you want a 240 again, by the way?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #24
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Hey Cameron, nobody fucking cares.

This is not your blog to whine about how "tough" your life is. Go be Automotively Emo somewhere else.

Closed Thread