Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-19-2018, 10:13 PM   #17641
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #17642
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Stopped for a quick shoot near the cherry blossoms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:21 PM   #17643
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:27 PM   #17644
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
^^^Even though that appears to have a GT wing, it kind of looks wingless if you squint.

Anyways I'm contemplating taking the wing off mine. Hatch already has cancer on the driver's side wing mounting points...
Old 04-23-2018, 10:50 PM   #17645
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
From a car show on the weekend.
Was awarded best engine bay of the day

Nice little LP2 Type X in the back too

Old 04-23-2018, 10:51 PM   #17646
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
From a car show on the weekend.
Was awarded best engine bay of the day

Damn post a pic of the bay now haha

Old 04-24-2018, 04:48 PM   #17647
skrouse28rs
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
skrouse28rs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Beautiful car ! Have seen pics from the local C&C meets but haven't seen it around. Mine has been in the body shop for quite a while and I have had to reconsider my color choice - was going to paint it White but don't want to be # 2. Hope to make it out to a C&C to see it in person .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyless View Post
skrouse28rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:35 PM   #17648
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My one:

It's a work in progress... I have a bunch more parts including the rest of the kit waiting to go on.

Last edited by super.trick; 04-25-2018 at 04:23 PM..
super.trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:47 PM   #17649
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
^ i like your signature.

Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:53 PM   #17650
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
Damn post a pic of the bay now haha

Sorry i don't have a great photo.
I had no intention of this being a show winning engine bay.

Rules, because this is not an engine bay thread.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:08 PM   #17651
bushybeardedtaco
Leaky Injector

bushybeardedtaco is an unknown quantity at this point
Am I allowed to post this here

bushybeardedtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:23 PM   #17652
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushybeardedtaco View Post

[emoji276]

Old 05-01-2018, 04:05 PM   #17653
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
curious as to what an S13 kouki wing would look like on a coupe....

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:25 PM   #17654
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
curious as to what an S13 kouki wing would look like on a coupe....
Ugly .

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #17655
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Ugly .
cant be any worse than rocket bunny aero... on anything!

Old 05-01-2018, 07:28 PM   #17656
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
A R32 GT-S wing would be hot on that red coupe.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:52 AM   #17657
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
What's that rear valence? 10/10 can't support.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:06 AM   #17658
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
booey_s13 replicas....

Old 05-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #17659
bushybeardedtaco
Leaky Injector

Quote:

Not sure who the original maker is but people always ask, found a guy selling a batch on Craigslist 2 years ago. Someone said they were made by driftlab. Wasn’t sure what else to put on the rear to pair up with the kouki skirts

Old 05-02-2018, 12:30 PM   #17660
bushybeardedtaco
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
booey_s13 replicas....

So he’s the original maker?

Old 05-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #17661
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
So he’s the original maker?

no...

this is the story as i understand it from talking to booey as well as the kids out in CA...

booey_s13 found a set in Japan (i believe he got them off YAJ). they were an unbranded valance setup, probably something a small shop made up and ran a few batches of. skip ahead 6 months to a year later, some kids out LA supposedly hired someone to replicate the valances based on photos of booey_s13s car. i offered the kids who were making the valances a chance to work with me on production after finding out they were hard pressed to find a reliable shop to produce their parts, they declined after a long 2 hour phone conversation. meanwhile, i wound up discovering a set of the those "booey_s13" style valances via a Japanese website a few years back and ordered them... so i will be putting those valances back into production again one day (as well as a matching set for the S13 hatchback).

Old 05-02-2018, 05:32 PM   #17662
bushybeardedtaco
Leaky Injector

Ohhh I see, thanks for the background!

Old 05-08-2018, 07:21 PM   #17663
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
jookybanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:45 AM   #17664
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Filling it up before heading to work.

JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:36 PM   #17665
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Clean & good price in my opinion

Old 05-15-2018, 12:15 AM   #17666
dizzariot
Post Whore!

^^^ Not a good price at all. ^^^
Old 05-15-2018, 12:18 AM   #17667
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:

50k miles, clean body, minimal upgrades. How much are these cars anyways in japan, if you were to buy one. Cause keep in account. That price is after they imported it, registered it etc & you’re also paying them for amount of time and hassle they take to find these cars. But yeah back to my question. How much do these cars actually cost? I really dont know.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:19 AM   #17668
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
50k miles, clean body, minimal upgrades. How much are these cars anyways in japan, if you were to buy one. Cause keep in account. That price is after they imported it, registered it etc & you’re also paying them for amount of time and hassle they take to find these cars. But yeah back to my question. How much do these cars actually cost? I really dont know.

Im tired lol sorry 116k miles, i was thinking of another car hahahahaha but still

Old 05-15-2018, 07:31 AM   #17669
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
I have to agree. The biggest thing you need to remember is it's a 91 (chuki) car with some kouki aero bits added to it. I always tend to consider what that car would be worth here in the states. Sure, it's a real 180SX, but I dunno... for me it would not be worth spending that kind of money on something imported unless it was a try 96-98 car.

Japanese Classics seems to do a great job with detailing their cars and making them look presentable. At the end of the day though, it's another 25+ year old S chassis just like the ones running around here in the states. It's bound to have the same issues as our cars have here. Making the cars look presentable and factoring the convenience in definitely makes it very tempting- I am often tempted as well until I sit back and think about what is really being offered.

I look at the cars they offer as something for people that do not intend to modify or work on the car themselves. In that scenario I think what they offer is great.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:17 AM   #17670
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I have to agree. The biggest thing you need to remember is it's a 91 (chuki) car with some kouki aero bits added to it. I always tend to consider what that car would be worth here in the states. Sure, it's a real 180SX, but I dunno... for me it would not be worth spending that kind of money on something imported unless it was a try 96-98 car.

Japanese Classics seems to do a great job with detailing their cars and making them look presentable. At the end of the day though, it's another 25+ year old S chassis just like the ones running around here in the states. It's bound to have the same issues as our cars have here. Making the cars look presentable and factoring the convenience in definitely makes it very tempting- I am often tempted as well until I sit back and think about what is really being offered.

I look at the cars they offer as something for people that do not intend to modify or work on the car themselves. In that scenario I think what they offer is great.
Quote:
There's little hassle going to an auction (or having employees go) and buying cars for cheap. Also, where does it say they're registered? My experience is with Japanese dealerships. I know for a fact the auctions see these cars go for even less than what I've paid at small dealerships.

In Japan the stock-body zenki 180SX goes for a premium because it's being marketed as a classic here. We're talking completely OEM with low miles, MT, turbo CA.

At the other end of the spectrum the '96+ Type X (OEM spec) cars go for a little less than the 'classic zenki' cars.

The gap in between is where the prices are more reasonable. This car is neither. It's an early model with mileage that's not bad given the year but it's been modified and the aero didn't come on the car from the get-go. The ad even says the aero could be fitted better. The ad also says the red top is the 'most desired' motor for these cars. These may seem like small things but then again, these cars are headed for their bubble and justifying a mark up on a car that's nothing really special is a gateway for the zenki/kouki cars to approach $20k down the line.

I don't know. I saw this posted here after seeing a few other places and I fired off without thinking. The price isn't TERRIBLE if you're looking for a car that hasn't been swapped and came SR'd from the factory. What Damon and I are saying is that it's kind of from the bastard era where it's not a zenki and not a kouki...so why is it fetching that price? I paid less for my '96 Midnight Purple Type X, to put it into perspective. I paid less than half of that for a two-tone Silvia.