Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #31
EvoPhoto
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
EvoPhoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipnslide88 View Post
I knew this thread would turn out like this. Everybody and their fucking brother has something to say cause they can't afford a nice Skyline.
nah bro,
I like the turnout from the thread, lot of nice & supportive people here!
But there is always one bad seed that tries to ruin it for everyone
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #32
maxmumboom
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
maxmumboom is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Thanks guys looking to get some serious offers.

I knew this thread would turn out like this. Everybody and their fucking brother has something to say cause they can't afford a nice Skyline.
Almost every Sky post is like this. If a troll has no cash they feel compelled to bash. They cant afford a shitty SKY let alone a clean one. If its state titled, there is a gripe. Bond released..........OH thats cost to much. People need to step up. If you want to play, youll need to pay.
Id take this in a heartbeat if i didnt have what I have.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #33
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
WANT. really want want.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #34
KAwin
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
KAwin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i hardly call legitimate legality concerns "bullshit", as a former gt-r owner myself. but crying about it sure is gay to listen to. there is a ton of bad information out there.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #35
EvoPhoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAwin View Post
i hardly call legitimate legality concerns "bullshit", as a former gt-r owner myself. but crying about it sure is gay to listen to. there is a ton of bad information out there.
True, but if a potential buyer had legitimate legal concerns, they usually discuss stuff like that in private..
Unless they are trying to put on a show for everyone to see.... Then they just talk crap on the open forum...
The troll kid did not have concerns and he was not asking for advice, instead he was trying to get a rise out of the OP; and trying to turn the thread into a train wreck like 90% of the other skyline threads before this one.

And yes there is a lot of bad information out there, it's unfortunate for people trying to sell these beautiful machines.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #36
Nj_eveohviii
Zilvia Member

Nj_eveohviii is an unknown quantity at this point
believe me selling a skyline is one of the hardest things to do on any forum glws i have owned a skyline and have been there with people that cant help themselves but to talk crap to scare away potential buyers or worse people that offer there junk 240 and get mad you wont trade them people havnt got a clue
Old 07-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #37
EvoPhoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nj_eveohviii View Post
believe me selling a skyline is one of the hardest things to do on any forum glws i have owned a skyline and have been there with people that cant help themselves but to talk crap to scare away potential buyers or worse people that offer there junk 240 and get mad you wont trade them people havnt got a clue
Didn't you have a nice R32 GTS-T?!
You sold it?
Old 07-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #38
porkchop911
Leaky Injector

porkchop911 is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet car great price GLWS
Old 07-18-2012, 06:16 AM   #39
slipnslide88
Zilvia Member

slipnslide88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nj_eveohviii View Post
I get it's no easy sale I mean not everybody has this kinda cash laying around. I mean I didn't plan on it selling in a day I figure it will take a little time but I don't want shit in my thread. I understand all the legal drive ability issues but people can title it themselves or use it as a show/track car. But if they wanna drive it on the road pay the $1500-$2000 and have it state titled. Not saying its the best route but it will be their car they can do what they want. If serious buyers have legalization issues all they have to do us text me and we can talk about it. Simple
Old 07-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #40
[email protected]
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Paul@mastermindna.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Get off the man's thread if you aren't going to contribute. Everybody already knows about the dangers of buying a Skyline. He clearly pointed out if you have any issues PM him. No need to shit on his thread. Move along little troll kids.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #41
RHDAmerica

Trader Rating: (13)
RHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedobear Run Kids View Post
Get off the man's thread if you aren't going to contribute. Everybody already knows about the dangers of buying a Skyline. He clearly pointed out if you have any issues PM him. No need to shit on his thread. Move along little troll kids.

"Dangers of buying a skyline" LOL You mean the bullshit hype that dreamers make up online because they will never own one?
Old 07-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #42
slipnslide88
Zilvia Member

Yeah it's really not a huge deal to be able to drive one but you would neer know that by being on here. The people on Zilvia that talk shit about skyline registration title and what not act like every police officer has a picture of every model skyline taped to their windshield and is on the lookout. It's crazy you could drive this car across the country and not get pulled over assuming you don't speed it run red lights etc. to get a state title fr the car would cost maybe $2000. Idk people are ridiculous on here about skylines
Old 07-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #43
[email protected]
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34240sx View Post
"Dangers of buying a skyline" LOL You mean the bullshit hype that dreamers make up online because they will never own one?
No, I meant dangers of buying a Skyline.
So-you-want-to-buy-a-skyline-in-the-US

This is car is considered a Grey Market skyline.

So is this one but it has a Florida title.
GT-R for Sale $25,000
GTS-T $16,500

Good luck getting the car insured legally. This is a good candidate for a shop car because they have access to a truck and trailer and can sometimes write it off because it is used as marketing for their business. He is selling the car for a little less than "street value". It is in great shape and very hard to find a GTS-T this clean.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #44
[email protected]
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Yeah it's really not a huge deal to be able to drive one but you would neer know that by being on here. The people on Zilvia that talk shit about skyline registration title and what not act like every police officer has a picture of every model skyline taped to their windshield and is on the lookout. It's crazy you could drive this car across the country and not get pulled over assuming you don't speed it run red lights etc. to get a state title fr the car would cost maybe $2000. Idk people are ridiculous on here about skylines
The laws on getting a state title vary from state to state. But Florida is one of the easiest to get a title.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #45
RHDAmerica

RHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of light
OK man... How many skylines have you insured? I have done every single one without any issues all "legally" as you put it... (as if there is an illegal way to insure one)
Old 07-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #46
RHDphil
Leaky Injector

RHDphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
OK man... How many skylines have you insured? I have done every single one without any issues all "legally" as you put it... (as if there is an illegal way to insure one)
Insuring one is not hard, either is getting it titled, but its still not legal and you are taking a risk of having it seized, owning a Skyline is not illegal, driving 1 on the street is, illegally smuggling 1 into the country is, illegally registering 1 is. so to any1 buying a skyline, its buy at your own risk.
Best and safest is not to register it and track use only

Only Skylines 100% legal to drive in USA are ones that came in threw Motorex back in the day and will have tag and papers to show it

Oh and Nice car and goodluck with sale, bump for great deal
Old 07-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #47
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
glws man! hope you get what you want!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #48
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHDphil View Post
Only Skylines 100% legal to drive in USA are ones that came in threw Motorex back in the day and will have tag and papers to show it
I just wanna preface this by saying I'm not attempting to offend the OP...

No, the only legal skylines WERE the Motorex R32s and R33s, not R34s... and they are not allowed anymore due to the bad practices of Motorex themselves.

Read this quote from the DOT

Quote:
If you decide to import the vehicle, one potential complicating factor is that the RI who petitioned NHTSA to determine the 1990-1999 model Skyline eligible for importation requested, and was granted, confidentiality with respect to the modifications needed to conform to the vehicle to certain of the standards. As a consequence, that importer (Motorex of Gardena, CA) has claimed a proprietary interest in the modifications covered by the confidentiality grant. This does not preclude other RIs from attempting to modify the vehicle. However, should those importers not gain access to the modifications covered by the grant confidentiality, they will have to demonstrate to the agency, at the time they submit a conformity certification package for a Skyline, that they have made equivalent modifications that permit the vehicle to comply with the standards covered by the confidentiality grant.
Motorex had confidentiality to the list of mods needed, however others could do the mods themselves for the model years listed above if they went through the proper testing to pass EPA and NHTSA guidelines. Since the demise of Motorex, the list of mods are quite public now and are certainly not that hard to do in a driveway. Moreover, R34s were never legal in the US, though the above makes a compelling argument to be allowed.

Now putting this all to rest, this is a beautiful car and I want it badly.... but am hardly rich enough to own
Old 07-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #49
[email protected]
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I have gotten two insured. Yes there is an illegal way to do it, vin swap it with an altima or a 240.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #50
RHDAmerica

Quote:
I have gotten two insured. Yes there is an illegal way to do it, vin swap it with an altima or a 240.
OK you guys obviously know so much more than me... Actually from pedobear it seams like he's into some serious federal time illegal shit... I would definitely steer clear of doing business with you.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #51
hockeyrules
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
hockeyrules is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
No, I meant dangers of buying a Skyline.
So-you-want-to-buy-a-skyline-in-the-US

This is car is considered a Grey Market skyline.

So is this one but it has a Florida title.
GT-R for Sale $25,000
GTS-T $16,500

Good luck getting the car insured legally. This is a good candidate for a shop car because they have access to a truck and trailer and can sometimes write it off because it is used as marketing for their business. He is selling the car for a little less than "street value". It is in great shape and very hard to find a GTS-T this clean.
This is not true at all. If you have a title, insurance companies could careless as long as you pay the premium for liability. For full coverage you might have to get an apprisal to insure it for what its worth.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #52
slipnslide88
Zilvia Member

its very easy to insure once its titled as hockeyrules just said. insurance companies dont care they just want the money. i work for State Farm i would know. but all this illegal importation seizure etc thats on what the buyer does with the car. i have never seen issues of skylines being titled by a certain state mainly Florida. but im not selling as a titled car thats why it is so cheap. im selling as a track car or for off road use only. car is completely legal to be here. now what is done with it after it is purchased will determine its legality. if you trailer this car to car shows or trailer it to the track and drift it or if you put it in a garage and wait til 2025 when its legal to be driven and United States accepted then thats your decision

i in no way am selling this a federal or state legal car. it is being sold for off road use only. what the buyer does is his or her choice.

this is why i hate selling a Skyline always the same shit no matter what you say. just alot of stupidity by haters and information everybody already knows or should anyway if your really interested in owning a Skyline.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #53
EvoPhoto

Quote:
Haha wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrules View Post
This is not true at all. If you have a title, insurance companies could careless as long as you pay the premium for liability. For full coverage you might have to get an apprisal to insure it for what its worth.
true, appraisal is important
Old 07-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #54
EvoPhoto

Someone could easily buy this car, pay $1500-$2000 to register it, for a total investment of about 24,500...
Then come on here a month later and sell it just like any other skyline on this forum "street legal R34 Skyline $40,000".
I guess some people aren't that smart yet.

lol
Old 07-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #55
maxmumboom
Zilvia Member

maxmumboom is a well-known jackass
[Beejis60
No, the only legal skylines WERE the Motorex R32s and R33s, not R34s... and they are not allowed anymore due to the bad practices of Motorex themselves.

Read this quote from the DOT

Motorex had confidentiality to the list of mods needed, however others could do the mods themselves for the model years listed above if they went through the proper testing to pass EPA and NHTSA guidelines. Since the demise of Motorex, the list of mods are quite public now and are certainly not that hard to do in a driveway. Moreover, R34s were never legal in the US, though the above makes a compelling argument to be allowed.

JK is the only company that has successfully made a legal 96-98r33 gtr with OBD2. Despite what you might think or read(which is not enough) you cannot bring a car into compliance in your driveway.
To modify the structural components is not an easy task. Lets add the OBD system.... there is a reason why the only RI ICI is JK technologies.
They did the compliance work which was sold to MOTOREX.
Call em...Buy one.They are close to $100k for a near perfect grade gtr.
BUT ITS 100% legit............

MODS: Could you Please correct/edit/delete/ban some of these guys that are thread sh_tting? Its out of hand with every gtr gtt gtst or anything priced over $10k.
BUMP>>>>>>>>GLWS
Old 07-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #56
EvoPhoto

I think everyone here needs to click this link and read line #1
Old 07-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #57
[email protected]
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
its very easy to insure once its titled as hockeyrules just said. insurance companies dont care they just want the money. i work for State Farm i would know. but all this illegal importation seizure etc thats on what the buyer does with the car. i have never seen issues of skylines being titled by a certain state mainly Florida. but im not selling as a titled car thats why it is so cheap. im selling as a track car or for off road use only. car is completely legal to be here. now what is done with it after it is purchased will determine its legality. if you trailer this car to car shows or trailer it to the track and drift it or if you put it in a garage and wait til 2025 when its legal to be driven and United States accepted then thats your decision

i in no way am selling this a federal or state legal car. it is being sold for off road use only. what the buyer does is his or her choice.

this is why i hate selling a Skyline always the same shit no matter what you say. just alot of stupidity by haters and information everybody already knows or should anyway if your really interested in owning a Skyline.
Seller has made it very clear what I had said earlier. This is great as a shop car or for the track. Off-road use only. Attract a lot of attention to your business for less than the price of a new GTR. I haven't crapped on your thread or your car. Just trying to make so some kid with some money doesn't buy it thinking they can drive it around on the regular like a normal car. This is a good deal for the same clientele I listed earlier

Quote:
OK you guys obviously know so much more than me... Actually from pedobear it seams like he's into some serious federal time illegal shit... I would definitely steer clear of doing business with you.
Haha! Vin swapping was never done in my case. Others suggested the idea but I had the same reaction, that is "some serious federal time illegal sh*t". They were insured because of Dealer Tags, they had US titles.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #58
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmumboom View Post
JK is the only company that has successfully made a legal 96-98r33 gtr with OBD2....
Lets add the OBD system.... there is a reason why the only RI ICI is JK technologies.
They did the compliance work which was sold to MOTOREX.
Call em...Buy one.They are close to $100k for a near perfect grade gtr.
BUT ITS 100% legit...........
Good info to know. Was unaware.

Quote:
Despite what you might think or read(which is not enough) you cannot bring a car into compliance in your driveway.
if you say so.... But fyi, for structural components, I can do it. Some may not, but I can.

But back to the car, I still want it
Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #59
slipnslide88
Zilvia Member

well BeeJis60 make me an pffer. it could be yours tonight haha
Old 07-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #60
EvoPhoto

Quote:
Seller has made it very clear what I had said earlier. This is great as a shop car or for the track. Off-road use only. Attract a lot of attention to your business for less than the price of a new GTR. I haven't crapped on your thread or your car. Just trying to make so some kid with some money doesn't buy it thinking they can drive it around on the regular like a normal car. This is a good deal for the same clientele I listed earlier
This car, when registered, can be driven around the same as any other skyline, rhd supra, rhd honda, rhd rx7 or any other rhd car imported from japan.....

Just because it is not yet registered doesn't mean that it is any less than the other ones that are already registered.
How about I spend $1500 to get this skyline registered.. Then re-list it for sale for $29,000 would that make you sleep happier at night?!?! LOL
Closed Thread