Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
rebuilding z calipers trouble

ok so first a story.

I had my 26mm aluminum front calipers powdercoated. Than I rebuilt them with the rebuild kit from PDM. while I was rebuilding them I noticed a bunch of glass bead in the piston cups ( which would lead to that the brake oil lines were not taped or the tape failed during the cleaning process. ) no big deal right ? take the 4 bolts off each caliper, pop out the piston's, and wash them down with compressed air and a lot of brake cleaner. simple plan.

problem. 2 bolts ( the inner 2 of the 4 ) snapped inside on one caliper.
I went to nissan today to get replacement bolts ( I was prepared for dry insertion btw ) and they said that the caliper's are never supposed to be taken apart and now both caliper's are fucked.

any truth to this ? or is there a place or nissan dealership that can help me get the 2 bolts I need to put my caliper back into 1 peice ?

thanks for any help, if theyre fucked theyre fucked just say so.
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links