Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-27-2018, 07:29 AM   #22351
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey guys, im currently thinking about installing my jwt s4hl cams and I was curious if the car would run on the stock ecu with them installed? I only ask this because I wanted to install them, and then possibly drive the car about 15 miles to the tuners shop to finish the rest of the turbo install. If anyone has any answers I would greatly appreciate it.
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2018, 10:39 AM   #22352
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
on an OBD1 car, a header shouldnt matter as long as you still have your EGR hooked up along with your primary catalytic converter and O2 sensor. basically OBD1 cars are require to pass visual inspection along with a sniffer test. if ALL emissions parts are in place and the car passes the sniffer test, then there should be no reason for it to fail... aftermarket header or not.
this is incorrect. ALL aftermarket headers still have to have a CARB # along with all stock smog equipment in the great state of CA. if it doesn't, it automatically fails visual and the entire test. thats why there are 'CA Legal' headers for some cars, while others have no legal, aftermarket option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDoodle View Post
There’s a chance that the magnaflow catalytic converter I bought was okay because I just got the confirmation that enjukuracing just shipped out to me! If it were illegal wouldn’t they not ship out to me? Because I do see a law stating that it is illegal to sell non-califnornia legal products to anyone living in California.
just a FYI, enjuku doesnt give a shit out CA's smog laws. its not their job to ensure your car is compliant with another state's laws. post a link of what you bought.

Im not sure what cat you bough, but if its not an OEM one, it has to have a specific number on the bottom that the smog techs can see. i dont remember if its a carb # (or some other specific #), but they definitely look for it. i know this because someone cut out my cat last year on my daily and i could get a much cheaper than oem replacement, but we had to make sure it was the 'ca compliant' version with the number etched on the bottom. the instructions explicitly said to weld the cat in with the numbers facing the ground, otherwise the smog techs cannot see the number and the car/truck will not pass the visual portion of the smog test.

it looks like it was already suggested you use OEM heat shields if the cat isnt compliant. probably your best bet at this point in time.

EDIT: i just looked on ebay at some OBX headers for my car real quick and it looks like some sellers are refusing to ship to CA (atleast on ebay), although they further go on to state you can still run it in CA, as long as its an offroad vehicle (but they still wont ship to you). this is new to me. i wonder if CARB recently changed something, or if certain sellers are doing this out of an abundance of caution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Same stuff, man. It's all lube.
i have a fair amount of heim ends to lube on my rear end. i want something that is specific to lubing heim ends that i can spray so im not under my car for more than 5-10 minutes trying to brush anti seize into the rod ends. some of the ends are in vary narrow places and its pretty much gotta be a spray to get it in there. anti sieze has its place (like on the threads), but i dont think its most ideal in the actual heim joint itself. anyone else got any suggestions? furthermore, i disagree that 'its all same'.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:52 AM   #22353
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
this is incorrect. ALL aftermarket headers still have to have a CARB # along with all stock smog equipment in the great state of CA. if it doesn't, it automatically fails visual and the entire test. thats why there are 'CA Legal' headers for some cars, while others have no legal, aftermarket option.
i live in vegas... smog places here dont care as long as they see all O2 sensors hooked up, EGR pipe is connected, a cat is in place, theres no CEL and the car passes a sniffer test.

in the peoples republic of california... its a whole different story.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:56 AM   #22354
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
yes, i can tell by your 'location'. we all know mister is in CA based off of his previous posts. so we are talking about CA smog laws; you telling him what happens in NV is no help to him.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:59 AM   #22355
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
yes, i can tell by your 'location'. we all know mister is in CA based off of his previous posts. so we are talking about CA smog laws; you telling him what happens in NV is no help to him.
well, not sure how strict CA is about OBD1 cars anymore... given theres not a ton of them running around anymore.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:20 AM   #22356
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

the CA Air Resources Board (CARB) doesnt care about how many post 1975 cars are running around, they still have to submit for a smog check that involves a sniffer and a visual. if the car is OBD 1, i believe it still gets plugged into a scanner or atleast a visual to see there is no CEL. i know someone who took out their CEL bulb on an obd 1 car thinking they were smart and the smog tech still caught it and failed it.

96-99 OBD2 cars have to have a check and a sniffer, while 2000+ only need the OBD systems check (no sniff). im all for clean air, but IMO CARB is doing way too much.
https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/obdprog/obdfaq.htm
Old 11-27-2018, 12:58 PM   #22357
MisterDoodle

Trader Rating: (0)
MisterDoodle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow I did not expect this many of you guys to be helping me out! I appreciate all of you guys taking the time to find answers for me! I was worried that I’d receive a lot of hate 😂 I guess for now I’ll just keep it safe and keep my Oem headers for now. Is there any way I can adjust the tone of my car? I was hoping to change it by adding new headers and a new catalytic converter. My next guess would be a cold air intake? But which one? 🤔 I have a ka24de and I’m specially looking for a deep tone. So far I have the ISR mbse type e exhaust and the Magnaflow Catalytic Converter coming in (was able to confirm that it is California legal) but no luck on headers. Thanks again for being so helpful guys! New to the car scene with my 240sx being my first car 🙏🏻
MisterDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:49 PM   #22358
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

give us a link of the cat you ordered so we can see if its CA legal.

so, to make matters even more confusing (this is a trend for CA), i believe you can do axleback exhausts as long as it doesnt make it 'louder than stock'; no CARB # needed. again it makes no sense, but it is what it is. it sounds like you need to start googling/researching these laws for your own knowledge. i searched a minute ago and found this link:
http://www.bobsmuffler.com/noise.htm

while its not a ARB/govt website, it still has some good info on it. i actually did some more digging and found this page regarding aftermarket cats (basically echoing in more detail what i said on post #22352):
http://www.bobsmuffler.com/calif_converter.htm

FYI, cold air intakes also have to have a CARB #. so that will greatly limit your options down to only a couple.

edit:
this is the only cat im seeing on enjuku:
https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...8-s13-s14.html

this caught my attention:
Quote:
Utilizing: Magnaflow or Catco Brand Cats. Depending on availability
i see no mention of a CARB #, so i dont think its CA legal. i would call enjuku and ask, if they dont know. ask them for the exact p/n they shipped you and check it against magnaflow's website to confrim if its CA legal or not.

EDIT #2:
i am going to assume this is why some sellers wont ship aftermarket stuff to CA anymore:
https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/news/nationwi...gal-auto-parts

Jegs must not have been advertising it 'for offroad use only' (or possibly publishing bad info), to get popped with that much of a fine.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:53 PM   #22359
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
An intake wont change your exhaust tone, but may produce some induction sound. Your best bet is a different cat back, or electric cut out. lol. <-- Won't sound good.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:31 PM   #22360
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Hey guys, im currently thinking about installing my jwt s4hl cams and I was curious if the car would run on the stock ecu with them installed? I only ask this because I wanted to install them, and then possibly drive the car about 15 miles to the tuners shop to finish the rest of the turbo install. If anyone has any answers I would greatly appreciate it.
You might be able to limp it to the tuner. It's going to run very lean. If you are able to i'd at least try to up the fuel map across the board maybe 10-15%.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:48 PM   #22361
MisterDoodle

Quote:
give us a link of the cat you ordered so we can see if its CA legal.

so, to make matters even more confusing (this is a trend for CA), i believe you can do axleback exhausts as long as it doesnt make it 'louder than stock'; no CARB # needed. again it makes no sense, but it is what it is. it sounds like you need to start googling/researching these laws for your own knowledge. i searched a minute ago and found this link:
http://www.bobsmuffler.com/noise.htm

while its not a ARB/govt website, it still has some good info on it. i actually did some more digging and found this page regarding aftermarket cats (basically echoing in more detail what i said on post #22352):
http://www.bobsmuffler.com/calif_converter.htm

FYI, cold air intakes also have to have a CARB #. so that will greatly limit your options down to only a couple.

edit:
this is the only cat im seeing on enjuku:
https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...8-s13-s14.html

this caught my attention:

i see no mention of a CARB #, so i dont think its CA legal. i would call enjuku and ask, if they dont know. ask them for the exact p/n they shipped you and check it against magnaflow's website to confrim if its CA legal or not.

EDIT #2:
i am going to assume this is why some sellers wont ship aftermarket stuff to CA anymore:
https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/news/nationwi...gal-auto-parts

Jegs must not have been advertising it 'for offroad use only' (or possibly publishing bad info), to get popped with that much of a fine.
Yup, that’s the cat I bought from Enjuku! I gave them an email explaining my current situation and they were able to confirm that it is in fact carb compliant/legal.

Damn, maybe I’ll just switch out my exhaust and go a different route if I can’t change much of my car’s tone. Thank you so much for the links, they were really helpful!
Old 11-28-2018, 07:26 AM   #22362
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
You might be able to limp it to the tuner. It's going to run very lean. If you are able to i'd at least try to up the fuel map across the board maybe 10-15%.
Alright, ill just get the base map loaded up on my megasquirt and build a base fuel table/timing table for it to idle decently and possibly try to drive it while keeping it out of boost. Thank you.
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:06 AM   #22363
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Wiring specialties S13 KA harness has a 3 wire O2 plug, for S14 sensors with a heater. Will an S14 sensor be plug and play with an S13 ECU using this harness?
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:16 PM   #22364
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

has anyone used tenhulzen toe plates to get your toe dialed in? i searched and didnt see anything (specific to this forum). cheaper toe plates rest directly on the tire, while it seems these have locating pegs that rest against the wheels. its a very primitive way to check toe, but the reviews looked okay? ive been using two yardsticks and a tape measure but i wonder if it would make it easier if i had these plates. local alignment shop wants $150 for a one time aligment and id rather just buy a tool for close to that amount and do it myself and have the tool down the road.

also still open to suggestions on what i should use to lube my heims (i need a spray/aerosol can) that isn't anti seize.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:42 PM   #22365
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
has anyone used tenhulzen toe plates to get your toe dialed in? i searched and didnt see anything (specific to this forum). cheaper toe plates rest directly on the tire, while it seems these have locating pegs that rest against the wheels. its a very primitive way to check toe, but the reviews looked okay? ive been using two yardsticks and a tape measure but i wonder if it would make it easier if i had these plates. local alignment shop wants $150 for a one time aligment and id rather just buy a tool for close to that amount and do it myself and have the tool down the road.

also still open to suggestions on what i should use to lube my heims (i need a spray/aerosol can) that isn't anti seize.
aren't most heims PTFE lined and maintenance free?
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:00 PM   #22366
s528093

s528093 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey I’m new to Zilvia and i have a very specific question regarding s13 subframe and s30 rear quarter fitment. I want to start my own thread, how do i do that?

Just Incase if i cant start my own thread here’s my problem. When i was 15 i bought a rusty beat up to hell 240z for 500 bucks. The only salvageable parts were the outer panels. The rest of the car, the frame, the suspension, etc was Rotten. Right now i have just a braced shell with no frame. I’m planning on building a chassis jig so i can start mounting up my s13 suspension with precise suspension geometry. I had planned to build a tube chassis car out of it using s13 front and rear sub frames, now its been 5 years i have collected all the parts that i need but i have come to a realization. I hate fender flares and i love the way to original car looks. Is it possible to shorten the track width of the s13 front and rear sub frames so I don’t have to hack the fenders to fit tires underneath? I’m still learning a lot about cars and my question might be stupid but i cant find any other answers on the internet. I also don’t have the guts to take my sawzall and cut out the quarters and attach flares. Any advice would be appreciated. And no I’m not getting rid of the car. Thanks
s528093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:39 PM   #22367
MisterDoodle

Which air intake should I take?

Hey guys!

I found two possible air intakes that I’m interested in for my s13 (ka24de), both from Injen and both carb legal. Only difference is one is a cold air intake and the other is a short ram. What would you guys suggest? Also, can someone explain to me what cold air intake extensions do? They offer the cold air extensions for both the cold air intake and short ram.

Option 1: https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...lve-91-94.html

Option 2: https://www.240sxmotoring.com/injen-...sx-w-ka-motor/

I’m also open to other cold air intakes that any of you guys might want to recommend, please link me ������

Edit: Want something that will let my engine roar and perform better!
Old 11-28-2018, 08:12 PM   #22368
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
...Also, can someone explain to me what cold air intake extensions do?
Hey man, I'm all for the concept of this thread... but you're border lining Google shit.

Start off with a WTB thread for an intake w/ a carb sticker. Save some money because intakes (KA) are usless*.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:08 AM   #22369
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Hey guys!

I found two possible air intakes that I’m interested in for my s13 (ka24de), both from Injen and both carb legal. Only difference is one is a cold air intake and the other is a short ram. What would you guys suggest? Also, can someone explain to me what cold air intake extensions do? They offer the cold air extensions for both the cold air intake and short ram.

Option 1: https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...lve-91-94.html

Option 2: https://www.240sxmotoring.com/injen-...sx-w-ka-motor/

I’m also open to other cold air intakes that any of you guys might want to recommend, please link me ������

Edit: Want something that will let my engine roar and perform better!

Just get teh one(Injen) from Enjuku. It's 50 state legal, and you remove the tube from the maf to teh air box to use it. Air box comes out easy too. Does it add power? If you go by the dyno test that was presented by Import Tuners way before anyone who says it doesn't do anything was born(jk), that intake does add a tiny bit of power, maybe 3 or 5 as applied to flywheel hp which they do use, but also ATW as well. The article is very informative, and all takes place in CA.

Cold Air on a 240 KA24DE means putting the filter out in front of the front tire...where rain gets it wet.
You will make more useable power using your cat back system(about 7 or 8), New plugs, Taylor 8mm wirers, new distributor cap and rotor, and a new fuel filter. Want the deep tone, a 3" system from cat back will do it. Want a healthy, nasty NA inline four KA howl? Move out of CA, put on a OBXR header, EGR delete, Megan test pipe, and OBXR 2.5" system with a vibrant dual exit muffler. It'll have a healthy idle, and rip at WFO.

Now if I can just save up enough money to replace a few more worn parts on mine, I'll be gold again...til something else wears out.

For want of a shifter, the clutch was lost. For want of a distributor, a car was lost. For want of a starter, a message was lost. For want of a message, the girl stayed at home and thought she was stood up over a non running 240
Old 11-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #22370
Unit 02

Unit 02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know where I can get these banjo fitting? Its a Wilwood 0.75 for S-chassis/t56
I tried contacting Daft but by phone and email no one home I guess..
even hit up Wilwood they said to contact Daft for the part... so now I'm here

https://ls1swapkits.com/shop?olsPage...olsFocus=false
Unit 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:54 PM   #22371
eagleeyes221
Leaky Injector

eagleeyes221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 02 View Post
Anyone know where I can get these banjo fitting? Its a Wilwood 0.75 for S-chassis/t56
I tried contacting Daft but by phone and email no one home I guess..
even hit up Wilwood they said to contact Daft for the part... so now I'm here

https://ls1swapkits.com/shop?olsPage...olsFocus=false
only an educated guess here but it might be this here

https://www.wilwood.com/LineKits/Lin...emno=220-13674

to be certain before you order anything you have to figure out what the thread size/ pitch is on the bolt and banjo.
eagleeyes221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:53 PM   #22372
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
z31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Hello guys,

I'm a new member here and I was just wondering what brand of headers would you guys recommend that is California legal and will pass smog. I've been looking online and I can't seem to find any that is compliant with the rules. Do you guys know any of any places that have headers that have the EO# (sticker)? I have a 1993 S13 240sx if that helps, thanks!
There are ways around CA smog. I have an SR20 in my car and register it like normal, just need to know what to do. It will cost you, but you gotta pay to play. If you need help message me.
z31andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:26 PM   #22373
itzgunther

itzgunther is an unknown quantity at this point
alright guys I recently did a sr20det swap into an s13 shell I bought, the car runs decent other then a power loss sometimes in the high rpms (5k usually when im around a 1/4 tank). the real question I wanted to get answered before I started a thread was whenever I do donuts in my car going to the right its fine does em perfect, but the moment I try to go to the left the car bogs or more specifically loses all power and dies if I keep on the gas if im fast enough to take it out of gear it will stay on please help
itzgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:48 PM   #22374
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzgunther View Post
alright guys I recently did a sr20det swap into an s13 shell I bought, the car runs decent other then a power loss sometimes in the high rpms (5k usually when im around a 1/4 tank). the real question I wanted to get answered before I started a thread was whenever I do donuts in my car going to the right its fine does em perfect, but the moment I try to go to the left the car bogs or more specifically loses all power and dies if I keep on the gas if im fast enough to take it out of gear it will stay on please help
Fuel starvation. Put more gas in the tank.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:06 PM   #22375
itzgunther

itzgunther is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Fuel starvation. Put more gas in the tank.
I know that for the low gas and rev limit, I'm getting a new pump a walbro 255.

I have also tried swinging to the left on a full tank and it still gets that cutout the 240 is a 1991 with hicas I've deleted the abs module and waiting on a subframe to fully get rid of the hicas is there any wiring or boxes I can get rid of that are only for abs and hicas?

I really just want to know why my car wont dog donuts to the left
itzgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:46 AM   #22376
GodOfSpeed

GodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymoreGodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymoreGodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymoreGodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymoreGodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymoreGodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymoreGodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymoreGodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymore
how rare are s13 coupe rear light up louvres? and does anybody know who might have some ?
GodOfSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #22377
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfSpeed View Post
how rare are s13 coupe rear light up louvres? and does anybody know who might have some ?
yahoo auctions japan is your best bet... and be prepared to pay A LOT for them!

Old 12-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #22378
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Does anyone know if a s15 spec s 5 speed shift knob has the same thread pitch as the 6 spd or is it the same at the s13/14 (10x1.25)??
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:27 AM   #22379
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
in process of a s13 sr swap into my datsun and i am installing the turbo lines right now. Does it matter which coolant line on the turbo goes where? I have the s14 waterneck. thanks

lexus baby
5t341tH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:53 AM   #22380
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_ryder View Post
Does anyone know if a s15 spec s 5 speed shift knob has the same thread pitch as the 6 spd or is it the same at the s13/14 (10x1.25)??
Nissan shift knob thread is 10x1.25

Crap Honda is x1.50