Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-11-2017, 12:18 PM   #20821
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

My car won't start unless I have my foot pressed down on the gas and it won't run unless I keep feathering the throttle and when it does run it's rough as shit then dies in a few seconds. Changed plugs, checked grounds and vacuum lines.

Ran perfectly fine 6 months ago before it sat.

Is my fuel pump bad? When I prime it it only gets 32psi. Isn't it suppose to be a lot higher with the RB20DET. I have a tomei fpr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2017, 03:07 PM   #20822
Jefro240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Greddy FMIC for SR20... Did Greddy ever manufacture the kit/cold pipe section with a flange for the HKS bov?

Pretty sure that is not factory done & the previous owner had a flange custom welded onto the pipe?
Old 03-11-2017, 11:56 PM   #20823
Halobb

Halobb is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know where i could buy a WORKING s13 KA24DE cluster? I cannot find one anywhere that actually works
Halobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:24 AM   #20824
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halobb View Post
Does anyone know where i could buy a WORKING s13 KA24DE cluster? I cannot find one anywhere that actually works

Ebay or the for sale section

kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #20825
carp07

carp07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lower Steering column u joint to rack size and spline count

My fricken header didn't fit I beat the piss out of it with a hammer to dent it and let it slide trough didn't work so I took off my steering u joint. Planning on getting a double u joint, brace and weld a bracket to keep the shaft strait. My issue is i cannot find the spline count and/or size I need. I've researched even asked the guys at nissan and they can't get the specs just the oem u joint which won't work. Does anybody know the correct spline count and size of the u joint I need? 1989 240sx ka24e. I've counted about 30-31 splines but the shaft has flat spot so I counted half and doubled it and I'm pretty sure I got 18 to make it 36. Now I've used a slide caliper to try and measure the shaft and rack nub if you will and I got .679, .684, .691 basically my readings are all over the place. I've taken them numbers and tried finding a double u joint but nothing seems even close to it. Any help or insite on what I can do to properly measure or if you already know the answer that would be great. Thank you and sorry for this long mostly unimportant or relative post. Probably won't help anybody but me lol
carp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:05 PM   #20826
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Car has been sitting since I've thrown on a set sqaure g8s 18x9.5 +12 and havent driven the car yet due to motor issues but noticed on my same alignment but just lowered a tiny bit on new coils that I rub so much. Nothing on the fender but basically the fender well/firewall area. Havent looked too much into it besides locking the steering and feeling it rub and seeing it when I set outside of the car.

Im 90% sure my caster is maxed out. What are my options besides getting a hammer and bashing it? Should I get new arms that can give more adjustability and is there something else im missing that can nudge the wheel slightly more forward besides caster? Toe is good and camber is about 2ish degrees.

I know loads of guys run more aggressive fronts and even similar specs and never herd much about rubbing on the body? Fenders are already rolled and doesnt rub there at all.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:43 PM   #20827
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have a couple of questions.

1. My car has a 5 lug swap. I noticed that S15 is written on the front hub cap. Can you confirm that those are S15 arms (and spindles)?

2. I bought a Z32 Filter to replace whatever was on there. Can you confirm that this is in fact a stock filter and a stock bracket and I'm not missing anything? It just sits there in those rubberised arms with nothing to tighten?

Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:41 PM   #20828
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Seems lame to ask, but i need to remove the steering wheel from an s13, and after removing all the bolts and big center nut, i still cant get it off. I"ve been wiggling and pulling on it like a mother fucker and still cant get it off. I even put a bearing puller on it and cant seem to get it off

When we took my replacement wheel off at the yard, all we did was take the center nut off and wiggle it of.

Yall got any suggestions?

kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #20829
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post

1. My car has a 5 lug swap. I noticed that S15 is written on the front hub cap. Can you confirm that those are S15 arms (and spindles)?
They probably are. S15 arms and spindles are the same as S14 with ABS though.

Quote:
2. I bought a Z32 Filter to replace whatever was on there. Can you confirm that this is in fact a stock filter and a stock bracket and I'm not missing anything? It just sits there in those rubberised arms with nothing to tighten?
Yup, filter just crams in there.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:50 PM   #20830
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
Seems lame to ask, but i need to remove the steering wheel from an s13, and after removing all the bolts and big center nut, i still cant get it off. I"ve been wiggling and pulling on it like a mother fucker and still cant get it off. I even put a bearing puller on it and cant seem to get it off

When we took my replacement wheel off at the yard, all we did was take the center nut off and wiggle it of.

Yank harder. Or get a steering wheel puller, it's similar to a bearing puller.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #20831
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post

http://www.autozone.com/loan-a-tools...set/555516_0_0

You can loan them from them too.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #20832
hatch4life
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
hatch4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Tap (hit) that shit with a mallet then put your back into it..
Leave the nut at the end of the threads so you dont rearrange your face
hatch4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:52 PM   #20833
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:

S13 lower control arm with an aftermarket ball joint. S13's have a larger bump stop whereas the S14/S15 arms have a smaller bump stop.

S13:

S14/S15:

Quote:
That's the stock filter and bracket. Nothing tightens it.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:57 PM   #20834
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
S13 lower control arm with an aftermarket ball joint. S13's have a larger bump stop whereas the S14/S15 arms have a smaller bump stop.

S13:

S14/S15:

That's the stock filter and bracket. Nothing tightens it.
Thank you, anyway to check that it is in fact the correct ball joint? I want to make sure the PO didn't cut dangerous corners.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:15 AM   #20835
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Does the headlight and wiper stalk from a Stanza/Maxima fit on the s13? I am wondering because they look the same and are significantly cheaper to buy new.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:56 AM   #20836
JayJay240sx
Leaky Injector

JayJay240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone by any chance have the part number for s13 sr20det clutcj pressure plate bolts and washers? Ive searched everywhere, no luck, i found the bolts but not the washers
JayJay240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #20837
Jefro240
Leaky Injector

Jefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay240sx View Post
Anyone by any chance have the part number for s13 sr20det clutcj pressure plate bolts and washers? Ive searched everywhere, no luck, i found the bolts but not the washers
Literally under 1 minute in google... 30240-07S00
Old 03-14-2017, 11:37 AM   #20838
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Is it just me or Nissan has no part number for the S13 fuel pump hanger itself?

I have reasons to believe 25060 is just the level sensor.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:33 PM   #20839
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
25060 is for the entire sending unit... you cannot buy anything from the sending unit separately. also, expect to pay roughly $350-$400 for a new sending unit (its actually new old stock). there is NO aftermarket solution for the sending unit either (ive checked, extensively). ive been putting off buying a brand new one for years, i just want an accurate gas gauge again... one of these days ill get around to blow $400 just to gave a correct fuel read out lol

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #20840
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
25060 is for the entire sending unit... you cannot buy anything from the sending unit separately. also, expect to pay roughly $350-$400 for a new sending unit (its actually new old stock). there is NO aftermarket solution for the sending unit either (ive checked, extensively). ive been putting off buying a brand new one for years, i just want an accurate gas gauge again... one of these days ill get around to blow $400 just to gave a correct fuel read out lol
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR is a pretty bad name for a entire pump hangar. lol So 25060-35F00 is the correct part number? What about 25060-35F01?

My sensor has the correct resistance but the wiring has been raped, wires now goes straight through and holes were sealed with some urethane crap. 400$ is steep but when it comes to fuel and electricity I want something clean.

Either I try to rewire what I have or I fork out the cash. Started a thread on how to seal the wires going through but didn't get much help.
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=632644
Old 03-14-2017, 05:10 PM   #20841
JayJay240sx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro240 View Post
Ur sarcasm means shit, 1 minute n u found nothing. I called nissan n that part doesnt exist, i found that # already
Old 03-14-2017, 05:17 PM   #20842
JayJay240sx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro240 View Post
Thanks though
Old 03-14-2017, 09:15 PM   #20843
Mintyboy
Leaky Injector

Mintyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys, I did my research but just want to make sure before I start my search. I am looking into getting a jdm kouki headlight over the usdm one. Based upon what I searched, if I get the jdm one I would pretty much have to open it up and retrofit it because the beam pattern is different for our cars. But if I got the euro one, the beam pattern is the same as the US cars, is that true?
Old 03-14-2017, 10:48 PM   #20844
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
im guessing youre talking about S14 headlights?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:46 PM   #20845
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
You think if i ran water/meth spray a 10:1 comp ratio it would det on me?
Or would i be fine? I could possibly run e85 but would like to avoid it. I dont think its necessary unless you guys think otherwise. Not chasing #s here. Was looking at gtx2867 pushing 20-25lb of boost.
All on sr of course.
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:38 AM   #20846
Mintyboy
Leaky Injector

Mintyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
im guessing youre talking about S14 headlights?
Yes I am, sorry, I definitely should of mentioned that lol.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:44 AM   #20847
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay240sx View Post
Ur sarcasm means shit, 1 minute n u found nothing. I called nissan n that part doesnt exist, i found that # already
Did you say "oh" instead of "zero"?? Looks like the correct part number to me.

Attached Images
File Type: png clutch-washer.png (96.4 KB, 196 views)
Old 03-15-2017, 08:09 AM   #20848
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
Car has been sitting since I've thrown on a set sqaure g8s 18x9.5 +12 and havent driven the car yet due to motor issues but noticed on my same alignment but just lowered a tiny bit on new coils that I rub so much. Nothing on the fender but basically the fender well/firewall area. Havent looked too much into it besides locking the steering and feeling it rub and seeing it when I set outside of the car.

Im 90% sure my caster is maxed out. What are my options besides getting a hammer and bashing it? Should I get new arms that can give more adjustability and is there something else im missing that can nudge the wheel slightly more forward besides caster? Toe is good and camber is about 2ish degrees.

I know loads of guys run more aggressive fronts and even similar specs and never herd much about rubbing on the body? Fenders are already rolled and doesnt rub there at all.
bumppppppppppp
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:05 AM   #20849
sentradude
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
sentradude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Why is the front spindle bearing mating area on the Driftworks front knuckles painted? Wouldnt that interfere with the overall performance? Shouldnt this be a polished surface?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg O02an4D.jpg (129.7 KB, 18 views)
sentradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:27 PM   #20850
Jefro240
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Did you say "oh" instead of "zero"?? Looks like the correct part number to me.

That's because it is the correct part number... Right from FAST...