Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:54 AM   #1
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Chuckwalla CW.
2:09.211

I think i need a more aggressive brake pad...i left a lot on the table here, but my word is that a fun track!
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2018, 05:33 PM   #2
gills
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
gills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post
Chuckwalla CW.
2:09.211

I think i need a more aggressive brake pad...i left a lot on the table here, but my word is that a fun track!
What brakes are you running?
Old 03-20-2018, 08:06 PM   #3
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gills View Post
What brakes are you running?
Hawk HPS. I'm contemplating running their autocross/track pad (HB178N.564). Still somewhat streetable and has a better bite with less brake fade than the HPS pads. They're noisier, and make more dust, but i guess that's the compromise for better performance.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:44 PM   #4
gills
Zilvia Junkie

gills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post
Hawk HPS. I'm contemplating running their autocross/track pad (HB178N.564). Still somewhat streetable and has a better bite with less brake fade than the HPS pads. They're noisier, and make more dust, but i guess that's the compromise for better performance.
Oh Jesus man, you're not doing yourself any favors! HPS can fade on the street from a couple of highway stops. HP+ are better, but not by much. Do yourself a favor and get dedicated track pads if you're serious and swap them in.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:53 PM   #5
junkyiv
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
junkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Oh Jesus man, you're not doing yourself any favors! HPS can fade on the street from a couple of highway stops. HP+ are better, but not by much. Do yourself a favor and get dedicated track pads if you're serious and swap them in.
I used to run the HP+ pads, predominately for the track, but there was to and from the track driving as well. They were effective with Powerslot rotors and a 135 WHP KA24DE full out on Big Willow and Streets.
junkyiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:44 AM   #6
gills
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyiv View Post
I used to run the HP+ pads, predominately for the track, but there was to and from the track driving as well. They were effective with Powerslot rotors and a 135 WHP KA24DE full out on Big Willow and Streets.
They are certainly better than HPS, but I remain skeptical based on my own experience in 100's of track hours in my old endurance race car with a basic KA24DE. I used to get DTC-60/30 front/rear split on z32 brakes to suffer from poor pad transfer due to overheating and the car was only 2400lbs race weight.

They wouldn't fade, just pad depositing and cause bad pulsation/judder. Once I ducted the front they were ok, but the rear dtc-30 would still get overworked and smear all over the rotor. HT-10 in the rear fixed that and helped balance the brakes better too.

This all depends on skill level, track and level of commitment, obviously. Seeing that he has an LS swap, and how fast an LS13 can potentially be, HP+ are less than ideal if he wants deceleration performance/consistency to match his acceleration and speed potential.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:54 PM   #7
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Quote:
I’ll be driving the car to the next event. Peter recommended the DTC-70 pad, but they’re a bit out of my price range, and I don’t want more front bias because I’m keeping the HPS pads in the rear. The car has to make a road trip to Missouri at the end of April, and I want a pad that will be up to the task of Buttonwillow and a 1,500 mile trip. I’m looking at HP+ or the Street Race pad.